(Topic ID: 245576)

What ever happened to the original silk screens?

By hazmat7719

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wtatumjr
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazmat7719.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Does anyone here know what happened to the original silk screens that were used on the play fields and back glass? Have any ever been for sale? Were they just thrown out as soon as the game was out of production?

#10 4 years ago

Thank you to everyone that has replied so far. I once managed a company where we had a division that did silk screening on metal plates and understand the storage/use. We kept some screens for 10+ years and had roughly 1000 on file for various customers. I started this thread because I am generally interested in what happened to them. I suspect that they were treated as short use "tools" and discarded within a year of production with no thought of future support since most games were parted out and junked.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazmat7719.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-ever-happened-to-the-original-silk-screens?tu=hazmat7719 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.