(Topic ID: 269904)

What equipment and best methods to use picking up a machine yourself?

By HydrogenHuman

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

I assume that the seller won’t have the tools i’ll need (which as i buy from mostly other pinheads they always do lol). So that includes:

- sockets to remove leg bolts (5/8) and head bolts (9/16). Sometimes you find those smaller leg bolts that use 9/16” as well.
    - stretch wrap (or a ratchet strap) for securing the head to the cab once lowered
    - 1/4” nut driver in case i need to remove the backbox latch at the rear of the machine. This prevents potential damage to flooring if you need to slide it after the game is up on its ass end.
    - 1/4” hex screw. I use this to secure the latch that opens the light board door in the head. If you throw a screw in the latch to prevent it from lifting, it will ensure the lightboard doesn’t swing open and scratch the backglass/translite in transit.
    - something to go between the head and the side rails. Some cardboard will do. Just don’t tighten the head to the cab without something in between. You are just doing this to protect the side rails from being dented.
    - fridge cart or hand truck. Whatever you will use to move the game out to yr vehicle. The hydraulic lift table isn’t something i would bring, you can remove the legs without.
    - make sure you know if there are keys for the coindoor and backbox, or at least know if they are unlocked. Otherwise you are drilling the locks out.

Don’t assume the seller can help you move the game. Ask if they can help or if you need to bring some muscle.

Also don’t forget to take all the balls out before you fold up the game. Don’t need those things falling around and breaking plastics.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Completist.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-equipment-and-best-methods-to-use-picking-up-a-machine-yourself?tu=Completist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.