Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 452 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you collect or chase other “limited” items?”

• Sports cards/memorabilia 24 votes
      9%
    • Other memorabilia 29 votes
      10%
    • Watches 16 votes
      6%
    • Cars 25 votes
      9%
    • Stamps 3 votes
      1%
    • Other 110 votes
      39%
    • None 28 votes
      10%
    • I like turtles 44 votes
      16%

(279 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron2 (resized).jpg
    tank (resized).jpg
    bust (resized).jpg
    0F7B3134-36CB-403D-87ED-FB7BEEE04C08 (resized).jpeg
    40A838BA-9C96-406E-BFDF-1AF70AFE3C1B (resized).jpeg
    F334813D-4215-4102-BE70-764508FB028A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1659 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220506_092538 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092441 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092428 (resized).jpg
    Dsc_6424_1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottThePhotog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#414 2 years ago

I collect musical instruments, mainly keyboard based instruments. My wife and I are both classically trained pianists and organists. I've done keyboard instrument repair for well over a decade which has definitely led to the collection growing. We have an interesting collection of classical instruments (some historic) and then a synthesizer/rock room. I think every room in the house has at least one musical instrument.

Here are 2 of the instruments that get the most attention when we have people over. A 10 rank organ made by Rushworth and Dreaper in Liverpool, England in 1914.
    IMG_20191105_100307431 (resized).jpgIMG_20191105_100307431 (resized).jpg

A double manual French harpsichord made by Hubbard sometime in the 1970s.
    IMG_20191105_100228732 (resized).jpgIMG_20191105_100228732 (resized).jpg

I also collect laserdiscs. I grew up with the format and watching the complete Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Tex Avery cartoons on laserdisc. I started my own collection several years ago and I've got at least 1,500 titles. The most recent photo of my collection is from 2 years ago. I've probably added about 100 titles since I took this photo.

d44db55f2a3af87fb3b70c61840665858d575da7 (resized).jpgd44db55f2a3af87fb3b70c61840665858d575da7 (resized).jpg

Quoted from ZAuxier:

LASERDISCS!!!

Whoo Hoo! It's always great to meet another laserdisc collector!

Then there's the LP collection. I think I've got around 5-600 LPs. I don't actively collect those anymore though like I used to.

#418 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZAuxier:

Dang!!! Your collection looks absolutely legit! I love that you have a specific DTS section. I currently have just JP and SE7EN, and they truly do sound incredible.

Haha. Thanks! I had been collecting DTS discs until they shot up to crazy prices. The sound is phenomenal. JP DTS is a really good pressing with really great picture quality. SE7EN is one of my favorites. It's got a fantastic Criterion Collection release on laserdisc.

Quoted from LTG:

That reminds me of one of my old Lionel train friends. ( sadly no longer with us ).
    He was into pipe organs. He had an older three story house. He cut the corners out of every floor and ran pipes from the basement up to the higher floors.
    I don't know how he didn't blow windows out of the house when he played it.
    Love the harpsichord.
    LTG : )

Wow, that's incredible! My wife and I have joked about installing a larger instrument and running pipes through the floors. The harpsichord is a lot of fun. I have some friends who are part of the local baroque recorder society and we'll occasionally perform recorder and harpsichord duets.

2 months later
    #442 1 year ago

My aunt used to collect prints of his artwork. I always thought they were so cool. That is very cool that you have an original!

#448 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Back in the 90s I was the kid that would show up to a show early with my Tascam 424mkII and a PZM microphone to tape to the wall. I'd ask bands if I can record them, and take a soundboard cut and the PZM mic feed. Fun times.

Haha. I've also tapped pzm mics to the wall for recordings. They certainly get the job done. They also work well tapped to the inside of a grand piano lid. I haven't used them in a couple years, but I know I've still got them somewhere.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottThePhotog.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-else-do-you-collect?tu=ScottThePhotog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.