Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 452 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you collect or chase other “limited” items?”

• Sports cards/memorabilia 24 votes
      9%
    • Other memorabilia 29 votes
      10%
    • Watches 16 votes
      6%
    • Cars 25 votes
      9%
    • Stamps 3 votes
      1%
    • Other 110 votes
      39%
    • None 28 votes
      10%
    • I like turtles 44 votes
      16%

(279 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron2 (resized).jpg
    tank (resized).jpg
    bust (resized).jpg
    0F7B3134-36CB-403D-87ED-FB7BEEE04C08 (resized).jpeg
    40A838BA-9C96-406E-BFDF-1AF70AFE3C1B (resized).jpeg
    F334813D-4215-4102-BE70-764508FB028A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1659 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220506_092538 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092441 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092428 (resized).jpg
    Dsc_6424_1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 6 years ago

I collect a lot of different things but after my stroke and three brain surgeries less is more.

I had a large comic collection, I reduced it. Gave away more than half of them in one box chunks to kids.

About ten long boxes given away to ten kids.

I kept some though, of course.

I collect books like arkham house and signed firsts. Sci fi and horror.

Less is more again. But I still have about two hundred books.

Pinball I got one.

Magic cards a small box but it includes the power nine.

Cheers!

I think mostly I collect friends. All of you, and others.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from goingincirclez:

I was and still am a life-long model railroader (avatar, heh). Which sometimes feels hard to distinguish from "hoarding" some days, but I do have and impose limits (roadnames / eras / prototypes)... still, it's hard to stop. I have too many locos and freight cars to count. But one "exception" from the modeling aspect, is collecting certain trains for the sake of it. I've developed a fondness for older metal and wood kits, as well as early (50's and older) plastic. There was an entirely different philosophical approach to modeling within the limits of materials back then, and yet some of the craftsmanship was astounding and holds up reasonably well
    I also collect trains from Tyco. Which were mostly garbage from the 70's till they quit in 1993... but there is a real jeckyl-hyde aspect to them: for all the garbage they made, some stuff was actually quite nice to almost awesome. And while they made enough Burlington Northern boxcars to stretch to the moon and back, I have found others that are incredibly rare - like 1 of as few as 100, 50, or even 10...? I've also acquired R&D items from the factory, hand-painted test samples, catalog photo one-offs,

You need to read a book I read, I will post it here dang it I still can't post things right. It's all me.

#54 6 years ago

Regarding the love of trains...

Here is the book you should read it's by an author named Lucius Shepard. Freaking amazing. It is half fiction. Half non fiction. Lucius rode the railroads in America.

And then he wrote both non fiction and fiction based on his experiences.

He writes of a moment spent in a hidden area. Graphitti and bridges. And desperate people.

It is brilliant. I like trains, too.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Two_Trains_Running.html?id=kJIrAAAAYAAJ&hl=en

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Screen used props and wardrobe from film & television! It's just as addicting as pinball.
    Here's some I have from Baby Driver, including a full body dead Kevin Spacey dummy they ran over at the end of the movie:

Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Screen used props and wardrobe from film & television! It's just as addicting as pinball.
    Here's some I have from Baby Driver, including a full body dead Kevin Spacey dummy they ran over at the end of the movie:

That Kevin spacey prop is strange. Oddly sensational.

#121 6 years ago

I would sell that Kevin Spacey now unless you are attached to it.

Might be worth, a mint It seems like the right time to sell right now, for a potential top dollar. On that item. Creepy.

It would be interesting if John Oliver put it on his show. He loves mannequins.

2 years later
    #322 3 years ago

Books, magic cards. stories, About people I know or have met.

#323 3 years ago

This picture for instance, taken by a guy who passed away, of me and jersey Jack.

The guy who took it, he passed away. Giving the photo additional importance to me.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #324 3 years ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Azmodeus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-else-do-you-collect?tu=Azmodeus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.