New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 208454)

What else do you collect?

By pin2d

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 332 posts
  • 165 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Pinballsoul
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you collect or chase other “limited” items?”

• Sports cards/memorabilia 22 votes
      9%
    • Other memorabilia 20 votes
      8%
    • Watches 15 votes
      6%
    • Cars 19 votes
      8%
    • Stamps 3 votes
      1%
    • Other 91 votes
      39%
    • None 24 votes
      10%
    • I like turtles 42 votes
      18%

(236 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 270 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201020_115348 (resized).jpg
    20201020_115401 (resized).jpg
    Dsc_5345_1 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20201006_111806196 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20200629_223437 (resized).jpg
    20200929_224511 (resized).jpg
    20200929_224528 (resized).jpg
    20200929_224445 (resized).jpg
    Sad Pictures for Children - nerd culture.png
    20200929_093519 (resized).jpg

There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 59 days ago

Vintage neon signs along with regular signage, advertising clocks, antique car radiator ornaments, lunch boxes, magnets (yes I'm weird) and other cool stuff.........

John

#302 58 days ago

Speaking of collecting-Can someone tell me what the deal is with collecting Funko POP figures? I really am baffled how these cheesy bobble head without a spring became so popular? They started with Big Boy Bobble heads for the restaurant chain and then capitalized with striking on the nostalgia craze. I like to shop toy stores and they take up half the shelves in most stores. Visited NY last year and went to Tokyo Toys-looking around one of the workers says we have more toys downstairs. I go down the stairs only to see the entire basement full of nothing but Funko POPS wall to wall. I am now starting to see them on the clearance shelves everywhere, but I cannot wait until these monstrosities go away. To me they are worse than the Beanie Babies collecting days. Feel like Andy Rooney ranting-"Do you feel like Funko POPS are a complete waste?"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funko
    Andy Rooney.jpgFunko Pop.jpg

#303 58 days ago

1969 z50.

AA65B7CB-FD6D-4261-921A-B0E22FAC6A24 (resized).jpegEEBD4139-E28E-44BB-946C-34DE9E06BB45 (resized).jpeg
    #304 58 days ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

1969 z50.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

I still ride mine. I'd love to restore mine.

Z50 (resized).jpg
    #305 58 days ago

I just picked up a KV75 this Summer. I love the Z50s but my dad was a Kawasaki dealer back in the day.

KV75 (resized).jpg
    #306 58 days ago

Kid from neighborhood next door came over with his 2stroke. Damn...that thing was quick...put my little Z to shame.

#307 58 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Kid from neighborhood next door came over with his 2stroke. Damn...that thing was quick...put my little Z to shame.

Put in a 88cc big bore kit like mine. 30mph

F969B31C-46B0-43EB-B33B-83DF238D4F93 (resized).jpeg
    #308 58 days ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

This KV is surprisingly snappy. I feel like a kid again riding it.

#309 58 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Speaking of collecting-Can someone tell me what the deal is with collecting Funko POP figures?

I started buying them when they were fairly new. I thought they were kind of cool back then because where else could I get figures of Beavis & Butt-head, Tupac, Friends TV characters, etc. Got up to about 300 of them at one point. Then they started to be massively overproduced and some of the rare ones are counterfeited now. I'm down to about 50 now and haven't bought any in a couple years. Some of my first purchases, like the original Tupac I had 4 of, got up to about $500 each.

#310 55 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

OH SHIT, LOOKING GOOD!!!
    I used to obsess over rack gear, and these days I just scratch that itch by subscribing to Hainbach

cool video, thanks for sharing!!!

3 weeks later
    #311 31 days ago

Used to have a nice collection of license plates. Sadly lost them in a move a few years back (think the boxes got left in the attic).
    Got this from eBay, not sure if its real, figure a good place to start rebuilding a collection none the less.

20200929_093519 (resized).jpg
    #312 31 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Speaking of collecting-Can someone tell me what the deal is with collecting Funko POP figures? I really am baffled how these cheesy bobble head without a spring became so popular? They started with Big Boy Bobble heads for the restaurant chain and then capitalized with striking on the nostalgia craze. I like to shop toy stores and they take up half the shelves in most stores. Visited NY last year and went to Tokyo Toys-looking around one of the workers says we have more toys downstairs. I go down the stairs only to see the entire basement full of nothing but Funko POPS wall to wall. I am now starting to see them on the clearance shelves everywhere, but I cannot wait until these monstrosities go away. To me they are worse than the Beanie Babies collecting days. Feel like Andy Rooney ranting-"Do you feel like Funko POPS are a complete waste?"

I agree. Those Funko figures are so fuckin stupid. Why would anyone waste their money on that shit.

#313 31 days ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

God I loathe Funko Pops. They're the epitome of consumerist nerd culture. Mass-produced cheap chunks of plastic made to sit on adults' shelves. The end-game of fandom instincts to just sell ~anything~
    If you ever want to be sad, do an image search for "funko pop collection"

#314 31 days ago

on the topic of funko pops, I'm reminded of this Sad Pictures for Children comic

Sad Pictures for Children - nerd culture.png
    #315 31 days ago

Lp's and mid to late 70's Recievers. And directdrive fully auto turntables. Don't get me started on modern " audiophile " expensive junk rubberband powered manal turntable's.
    There's a sucker born every minute.

And yes all my Recievers are set up and working.
    Well, except for the one in the shop.
    At least it's a collection that I use everyday.
    RECIEVERS.
    Qrx 5500 Sansui. 25 watt 4 ch.
    Qrx 3500 Sansui. 35 watt ?
    G 5000 Sansui. 45 watt
    STA-2080 Realistic 80 watt
    Model 9 G Kenwood. 120 watt
    245 a ? Marantz I forget. 45 watt
    370-R Scott. 60 watt.
    SA-700 Technics. 100 watt.

Heres pics of four of the recievers.

20200629_223437 (resized).jpg20200929_224445 (resized).jpg20200929_224511 (resized).jpg20200929_224528 (resized).jpg
    #316 30 days ago
    Quoted from cait001:

God I loathe Funko Pops. They're the epitome of consumerist nerd culture. Mass-produced cheap chunks of plastic made to sit on adults' shelves. The end-game of fandom instincts to just sell ~anything~
    If you ever want to be sad, do an image search for "funko pop collection"

Ha, I don't disagree. With that said if you asked my grandson if he could have a pile of Funko Pops or a new pinball he'd take the the Funkos.

No matter what we are passionate about collecting there is someone out there who thinks it's a ridiculous waste of time and money.

#317 30 days ago

Added a couple recently.....

(Love the audio collection!!!!)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #318 30 days ago

vinyl records (about 3000 and counting), retro video games and consoles, electric guitars and tools/black smithing stuff
    i use this stuff so not sure collecting in its purest form.

#319 30 days ago
    Quoted from zenbone:

black smithing stuff

please share more about this!

#320 24 days ago

Lunchboxes.

Anyone?

IMG_20201006_111806196 (resized).jpg
    #321 24 days ago
    Quoted from Pinballsoul:

Lunchboxes.
    Anyone?
    [quoted image]

Yes sir. Me too. I always pick them up when I see one that is cheap or interesting. I sold most of mine off at one point but then started buying them again. They are just to fun and easy to not collect them.

#322 24 days ago

Books, magic cards. stories, About people I know or have met.

#323 24 days ago

This picture for instance, taken by a guy who passed away, of me and jersey Jack.

The guy who took it, he passed away. Giving the photo additional importance to me.

image (resized).jpeg
    #324 24 days ago
    image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
    #325 24 days ago

orgasms, but not getting very lucky lately..

#326 21 days ago
    Quoted from jorro:

orgasms, but not getting very lucky lately..

Hard to collect...I always seem to be trying to just give them away.

#327 21 days ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Hard to collect...I always seem to be trying to just give them away.

I'm married....
    But thanks for the offer

1 week later
    #328 10 days ago

I've added another tape deck to my collection.

Dsc_5345_1 (resized).jpg
    #329 10 days ago

Do we have any firearm experts here?
    I have some colt factory blueprints and pieces I'd like to sell.
    Family worked as a designer there 50 plus years ago. Here is a small "model"

20201020_115348 (resized).jpg20201020_115401 (resized).jpg
    #330 10 days ago

I collect money. My collection is pretty modest right now but it will grow over time I'm sure.

#331 9 days ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I collect money. My collection is pretty modest right now but it will grow over time I'm sure.

see given the topic of this forum I can't actually tell if this is a joke or you're a numismatist

#332 9 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Do we have any firearm experts here?
    I have some colt factory blueprints and pieces I'd like to sell.
    Family worked as a designer there 50 plus years ago. Here is a small "model"[quoted image][quoted image]

Call Rick in pawn stars.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 68.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 6.50
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 29.95
    $ 269.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 38.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    £ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinballToys
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 332 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside