Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 452 posts
  • 207 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Mrbill
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Do you collect or chase other “limited” items?”

• Sports cards/memorabilia 24 votes
      9%
    • Other memorabilia 29 votes
      10%
    • Watches 16 votes
      6%
    • Cars 25 votes
      9%
    • Stamps 3 votes
      1%
    • Other 110 votes
      39%
    • None 28 votes
      10%
    • I like turtles 44 votes
      16%

(279 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tron2 (resized).jpg
    tank (resized).jpg
    bust (resized).jpg
    0F7B3134-36CB-403D-87ED-FB7BEEE04C08 (resized).jpeg
    40A838BA-9C96-406E-BFDF-1AF70AFE3C1B (resized).jpeg
    F334813D-4215-4102-BE70-764508FB028A (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1659 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20220506_092538 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092441 (resized).jpg
    20220506_092428 (resized).jpg
    Dsc_6424_1 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I too, havent got past step 1...No cheating by reading solution or videos..
    I have not succeeded on any of Raniers Locks.
    Youll likely be able to Enjoy for as long as you wish, and then resale on Cubic or Baxterweb.
    Should bring $1800-$3500...That will make you happy!

How do you know when you’ve solved a step?

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

How do you know when you’ve solved a step?

Something moves. Sometimes there are dead ends, other times, you end up reversing your moves.
    If you find the first move within 4 hours, thats pretty amazing!

#253 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirtyharriet:

Guns... lots of guns. My favorite brands are HK and B&T.

The gun matrix has you dirty.

#255 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

The gun matrix has you dirty.

Glad to see not all missed my not so subtle reference.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Something moves. Sometimes there are dead ends, other times, you end up reversing your moves.

Received my Wil Strijbos Revenge Lock today! Ha ha this is funnnnnnnnnnn
    I now have a new addiction. Thinking about display options now for a future collection

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wow to me that sounds super frustrating and annoying. I can't even stand to play Dragon's Lair or Space Ace because it is like a puzzle trying to determine the precise moves to move forward. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I collect all sorts of cool shit-from comics, BMX bikes, to vintage toys and games. I enjoy hunting for antiques and oddities.

#258 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I now have a new addiction. Thinking about display options now for a future collection

I bought one, but I'm stuck. How do you know when it's broken or you're too dumb to find the next move?

Honestly, I don't even know how I got to where I am now to be honest.

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Wow to me that sounds super frustrating and annoying. I can't even stand to play Dragon's Lair or Space Ace because it is like a puzzle trying to determine the precise moves to move forward. Different strokes for different folks I guess. I collect all sorts of cool shit-from comics, BMX bikes, to vintage toys and games. I enjoy hunting for antiques and oddities.

Oh, I agree. I have a huge collection. Many are there for the Art, and the Value.
    I truly cant spend hours and get no where, so it better appeal to me in other ways.

Take a Rubiks cube. Ive never solved, nor do I care to, but its fun to play with.
    Some puzzles are like that, and those appeal to me.
    Others, will spend hours, or weeks to do one. Im happy for them, but I cant do it. Too old.

There is an Auction today, at 3 PM. Last one sold out in less than 3 minutes, due to demand.
    As an example, here is one, that looks cool, but Never would I have the Patience to put back together!

Another, one I helped create, is an endless series of small moves, to get 2 halfs of a Key out, and then moves to get to
    the keyhole. I find this fun, because something always moves......

and a video from Chris Ramsey on a 10K Box, my friend designed...worth a watch to see something really special.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #262 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

and a video from Chris Ramsey on a 10K Box, my friend designed...worth a watch to see something really special.

smaller than pinball machines, but I wonder if he keeps and displays EVERY puzzle he gets, or does he sell some off? Because he goes through A LOT

#265 3 years ago

Not really much of a collection, but I'm partial to HP RPN calculators. Clockwise from left: 1973 HP35, 1975 HP25, 1985 HP41CV, 1985 HP15C, 1987 HP15C, Pixel 3aXL running HP15C app.

IMG_20200828_165416 (resized).jpgIMG_20200828_165416 (resized).jpg

#266 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

I figured out the Revenge lock in an hour, kinda sneaky how this one works. Super fun to work on.
    Honestly took me longer to put it back together ha ha. Really looking forward to the T12, which comes Monday!

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I bought one, but I'm stuck. How do you know when it's broken or you're too dumb to find the next move?
    Honestly, I don't even know how I got to where I am now to be honest.

Where are you stuck at? Did you get the lock out of the housing?

#268 3 years ago

Arrowheads and American Indian artifacts.
    Vintage fishing reels,rods, peripherals.
    Ronson View Lighters
    Printers, Scanners, CD Recorders, Tape Recorders, Tube Radios, Microphones, Speaker cabinets, Guitar Amps, Microphones, hand held Commercial 2-way radios, Leslie Speakers, 4 and 8 track Recorders.
    Oil lamps and lanterns, including Railroad items, glasses and locks.
    Yeah, all this and much more, pictures and information by request including appraisals.

#269 3 years ago

I've scratch built & collected synthesizers since I was a teen. I'm 61 now.

use1 (resized).JPGuse1 (resized).JPGuse2 (resized).JPGuse2 (resized).JPG
    #270 3 years ago

Whiskey, MTG cards (mostly selling recently), audio equipment and vinyl records

#271 3 years ago

Ahem...this is gross. Why????

https://gawker.com/5672240/this-is-officially-the-largest-collection-of-belly-button-lint-in-the-world

E7960270-9200-42E5-A500-0DB7A055C05A (resized).jpegE7960270-9200-42E5-A500-0DB7A055C05A (resized).jpeg

D9785B66-8FFF-4080-99A0-C54F57DB8DD3 (resized).jpegD9785B66-8FFF-4080-99A0-C54F57DB8DD3 (resized).jpeg

#272 3 years ago

Someone tell this guy his dryer has lint trap that needs cleaning after every load.

#273 3 years ago

Does anyone know how much this go for in used condition (doesn't have to be the same as the pic)
    Iam in the market for an older version but I am not sure what they go for used.

Screenshot_20200830-210250_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200830-210250_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #274 3 years ago

All over the place....Non Working, and beat $200-$300. Sometimes as much as $500, after Auction Fees and Sales Tax.
    Working, mostly, but worn, needing resto, $600-$1200, depending on game, and how much work.
    Mostly restored, Restored $1800-$2500
    New, Around $4K.
    At IAPPA, Chinese Companies had there Floor samples sold for $3K.

#275 3 years ago

I'm guessing by the amount of lint collected, this guy wears flannel shirts every day of his life.

#276 3 years ago

Time to pack these up. I collected some neat pieces here. over 40 years.
    Large Chunk of Pyrite, Dinosaur Bones, and Fossils.
    Large Australian Opals, Iron Meteorites, and Pallasites. Crinoids, Trilobites, Baby Mammoth Tusk, and Tooth.
    Quartz Geodes, and Crystals, Megalodon teeth, Fossil Fish Bed, Stromatolites, and Pyrite Sun Disks.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#277 3 years ago

Thanks for the info..oldpinguy

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Large Australian Opals, Iron Meteorites, and Pallasites. Crinoids, Trilobites, Baby Mammoth Tusk, and Tooth.
    Quartz Geodes, and Crystals, Megalodon teeth, Fossil Fish Bed, Stromatolites, and Pyrite Sun Disks.

Neat collection. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

LTG : )

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from Carrol:

I've scratch built & collected synthesizers since I was a teen. I'm 61 now.[quoted image][quoted image]

OH SHIT, LOOKING GOOD!!!
    I used to obsess over rack gear, and these days I just scratch that itch by subscribing to Hainbach

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

pack them up because you're moving? Very cool collection. I want a meteorite.

#281 3 years ago

Oh, These are in my office, that I closed 3 years ago, after selling Comet LEDs, and retiring.
    Still packing up 35 years of stuff.

If you search on Ebay, there is around 30,000.
    But the most abundant, coolest looking, and affordable is

Campo del Cielo meteorite

Search this, and they sell for a Couple dollars on up.

A few years Back, $50 Meteors ended up on Wood Displays, and sold in Stores like in NY, as
    Ritzy gifts and marked up into the thousands. Strange Hobby and Business.

I started, when I was manufacturing Meteor, and dinosaur bone into Jewelry.

When Cut, and acid etched, some show interesting widmanstatten patterns. Others might have Olivine Crystals and are called Pallasites.

Iron Meteors, are in a way "Star poop"

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Oh, These are in my office, that I closed 3 years ago, after selling Comet LEDs, and retiring.
    Still packing up 35 years of stuff.
    If you search on Ebay, there is around 30,000.
    But the most abundant, coolest looking, and affordable is
    Campo del Cielo meteorite
    Search this, and they sell for a Couple dollars on up.
    A few years Back, $50 Meteors ended up on Wood Displays, and sold in Stores like in NY, as
    Ritzy gifts and marked up into the thousands. Strange Hobby and Business.
    I started, when I was manufacturing Meteor, and dinosaur bone into Jewelry.
    When Cut, and acid etched, some show interesting widmanstatten patterns. Others might have Olivine Crystals and are called Pallasites.
    Iron Meteors, are in a way "Star poop"
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Space poop! LOL
    looking at some of the ebay sales ebay.com link: sch

Does the price on meteorites rise exponential to weight, or linearly?

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Space poop! LOL
    looking at some of the ebay sales ebay.com link
    Does the price on meteorites rise exponential to weight, or linearly?

I cant say Ive watched them regularly recently, But indeed They are traded by weight in Volume, and can be used
    to measure cost per gram. So both?
    The Rarity of the Meteor itself, based on Tonnage found, affects the price. As well as the shape, melting patterns,
    and content. Rocky Meteors are for collectors, Iron ones, are great paperweights.

I liked slices, and etching, and picked up a couple Large, ultra thin etched slices.
    By weight, they came out under $50, but display size, it looks like thousands.

One can even run a magnet at the bottom of a gutter drain and pick up micro meteors that hit your roof!

Searching only etched meteorite, is around 800 listings, and a good way to narrow, what might interest someone.

Most Iron Meteorites dont rust, and are historically important. Tut ankh Amun, has a Dagger, made from Meteorite.
    There is a Large Pillar in Delphi, India for 1600 years, and even Abrahams Meteor is in the kaaba at Mecca. ( The Square Black covered Stone Temple in Mecca, that is worshipped in the Hajj) is a Meteor.
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

OK, so I looked through completed sales....I have plenty I can offer at my cost, and still save you guys some money over Ebay.
    Ill take clearer pictures shortly...Id rather the unique pieces I collected get enjoyed, then go in a box.

I have some slices, discs, cubes, trim, as well as some glass domes, and some Metal ID signs...
    Might take a couple days, but feel tree to shoot me a PM.

#284 3 years ago

Itsssssss here!

1E33E7CF-8670-4F58-88F1-5D4204D64726 (resized).jpeg1E33E7CF-8670-4F58-88F1-5D4204D64726 (resized).jpeg
    #285 3 years ago

Did the size and weight surprise you?

Share your thoughts.....

#286 3 years ago

It is very heavy, obviously a solid chunk of metal. The size surprised me, it’s smaller than i expected. Which is good, cause its very manageable in the hand. The machining is very precise. It’s fun to hold in my hand. I’ve poked at it some and have not found any part of the solution yet. I look forward to a whole bunch of hours solving this thing. It’s awesome. I want all 12 of them now

#287 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Itsssssss here!
    [quoted image]

Lucky!, Nice Buy.

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Cool! I have a few things....gotta find the meteor stuff!

IMG-1860 (resized).jpgIMG-1860 (resized).jpg
    #289 3 years ago

Just a couple of comics.

145BFBBE-E6F4-42A8-AEBA-85AE6541629B (resized).jpeg145BFBBE-E6F4-42A8-AEBA-85AE6541629B (resized).jpeg54CBB18E-63B4-41BE-87BB-9DD0187B347F (resized).jpeg54CBB18E-63B4-41BE-87BB-9DD0187B347F (resized).jpeg9F0AD461-F138-4DFA-96C1-4634C71B0667 (resized).jpeg9F0AD461-F138-4DFA-96C1-4634C71B0667 (resized).jpegB73A75EF-AD3B-4756-BDDD-2F7D8410DF4D (resized).jpegB73A75EF-AD3B-4756-BDDD-2F7D8410DF4D (resized).jpeg
    #290 3 years ago

Nice Trilobite, Ted....I gave mine names.
    "Spot", was my first, around 1967, picked up in a Long Beach Rock show, after Spot on the Munsters. These guys would have been tough to enjoy the shoreline...

#291 3 years ago

I’ve been collecting and riding bikes this summer...

70E99E23-B898-4328-A9C7-303BCDF9149B (resized).jpeg70E99E23-B898-4328-A9C7-303BCDF9149B (resized).jpeg62F812D8-38A0-41A1-9A0E-E08EF7A259A5 (resized).jpeg62F812D8-38A0-41A1-9A0E-E08EF7A259A5 (resized).jpegC4B034E3-970D-4A7B-9FD9-6563A3C38308 (resized).jpegC4B034E3-970D-4A7B-9FD9-6563A3C38308 (resized).jpeg
    #292 3 years ago

I have been collecting turtles pretty much all my life. I have the full set of 88 soft heads plus tons more, I have a lot on the card and in the box still in storage.

litframe (resized).jpglitframe (resized).jpgarcade1up (resized).jpgarcade1up (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg
    #293 3 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

I have been collecting turtles pretty much all my life. I have the full set of 88 soft heads plus tons more, I have a lot on the card and in the box still in storage.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, except for one glaring omission

#294 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Haha, yea. True, I had the money before covid happened and they delayed. The new pin feeling wasn't delayed on my side so i took that money and bought T2 and South Park. Now saving again, frankly I am out of room so I may have to put the 91 Data East TMNT in storage.

#295 3 years ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Oh!...I thought you meant the Turtles bedspread!

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Haha, i do have one of these and the turtles sleeping bag too!

#297 3 years ago
    Quoted from smcclain65:

Haha, i do have one of these and the turtles sleeping bag too!

But no blimp?

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from jorro:

But no blimp?

Haha, you got me. I do not have the blimp.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

gotta be a ninja in the streets and in the sheets!

mikeywink2.gifmikeywink2.gif

#300 3 years ago

OLDPINGUY you sir have created a monster

537E3445-84DA-470B-8EE1-87048ABF3EFF (resized).jpeg537E3445-84DA-470B-8EE1-87048ABF3EFF (resized).jpeg
    There are 452 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-else-do-you-collect/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.