(Topic ID: 216045)

What Dream Theme Would Get Your Pre-Order Money?

By o-din

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

989BA5AB-D2EE-44AB-85F6-55981E421E92 (resized).jpeg
    thething (resized).jpg
    bb (resized).jpg
    tp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180831-233342_Chrome (resized).jpg
    600full-the-crippled-avengers-(the-return-of-the-5-deadly-venoms)-poster (resized).jpg
    cobra-command (resized).png
    F559A994-4F2B-4E36-834B-B2A6E5D805C4 (resized).jpeg
    wierd (resized).jpg
    A292EFE5-F55F-4A9D-8F4A-F269D40F25E7 (resized).jpeg
    Dreams-Inspiration-Quotes_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1267 (resized).jpg
    0F57D90A-C174-4E2F-8BF1-D6CDBF9EF239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180728_193636 (resized).jpg
    VH (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Say some upstart pinball company with no prior experience manufacturing pinball machines came on this forum and said they would be making a new pinball machine themed after some old movie, band, TV show, or even maybe some now defunct amusement park or restaurant. But they would need a substantial deposit to ensure you would get one. Paid in full would get you to the top of the list of buyers.

So the question is what dream theme would get you to throw all caution to the wind and send off your pre-order money to somebody you don't really know because it is something you would have to have, and there is no way you would be able to live a normal life without it?

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

For $250k I will orchestrate the build of a bespoke pin.

#20 5 years ago

takemymoney (resized).jpgtakemymoney (resized).jpg

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

How about a Pinside Theme with all the big names as bash toys on the playfield.

I'd be down for that.

Avengers-Legends-Odin-The-Allfather-3 (resized).jpgAvengers-Legends-Odin-The-Allfather-3 (resized).jpg

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

carnivores vs vegans

Kinda liking this one. But if it was a movie, I think we all know who would win.

cd7a94d7bb-c (resized).jpgcd7a94d7bb-c (resized).jpg

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

unless i can play a game in a showroom and take one home with me that day, not interested

Where's the fun in that?!

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

ALL the preorder companies have poor comunication skills

I don't know man. I pre-ordered some furniture from Lazy boy and although what showed up looked like crap, the communication has been great!

And as far as the remaining five large I just sent to Spooky for TNA that should arrive next week, has been great so far.

#57 5 years ago

This just goes to show, contrary to what others have stated, the pre-order model is not dead.

In fact, it is still alive and kicking!

#59 5 years ago

We're going to see them next month.

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from Reznnate:

So many bad ideas in a single thread. lol

Isn't that the nature of this website? Then remember how many have gone on to become reality.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

People’s Court mini wizard mode!

Still trying to find that video again. Must have been taken down because of a Wapner infringement.

#90 5 years ago

I would think one of the established pinball companies must have that on the short list of big money makers for the not too distant future.

#92 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Stern was 2 months too late on that one!

2 months, 2 years, 2 decades or even more. That never stopped them before.

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I used to laugh when they were trying to push us to route Gilligan's Islands after 26 years

It was a novelty when GI came out and we had one on location. It wasn't really taken that seriously as there were so many current themed games coming out at around the same time.

We had no idea that 25 years later the whole industry would become a novelty for the most part.

#104 5 years ago

Indeed.

Floyd11 (resized).jpgFloyd11 (resized).jpg

#114 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Being a car guy, Id pay a few bucks if a company could come up with a Christine Pin. I do like chrome and tailfins. . .

I'd probably be willing to pay a little extra for a Super LE if it was themed after a Cadillac and not a Plymouth.

1959-Cadillac-Series-62-1732-2 (resized).jpg1959-Cadillac-Series-62-1732-2 (resized).jpg

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

In all fairness though, you were prewarned in both cases and opted to ignore the information provided.

More like manipulated.

If only there was another pinball forum that nurtured accurate information and warnings, then it would be a lot easier to sort out what is real and what is a scam.

#120 5 years ago

As much as I'd like to see another Phantasm or even a Vanishing Point, they have already destroyed enough classic Challengers and Cudas for my liking.
    (original Vanishing Point used a Camaro as a stunt double)

#140 5 years ago

Looks like one of my dream themes is already a reality!

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

That art package leaves something to be desired. But you could always buy it and reskin it.

I don't know man. $4500 would buy a lot of Jack.

ebay.com link: Jack Daniels Williams Themed Pinball Machine Collectible GAMEROOM FREE SHIP

1 month later
    #175 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Haven’t we had enough disasters lately?

I was just thinking how cool would it be to have Earthquake in Sensurround with an all star cast. Then I realized we already got that covered.

DSCN5889 (resized).JPGDSCN5889 (resized).JPGDSCN5891 (resized).JPGDSCN5891 (resized).JPG
    3 weeks later
    #178 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I admire your Stars media console. My old rack is sagging and I'm in the market for a replacement, that could be just the thing

Thanks! And sure, why not? With all the other useless crap people put on top of their pinball machines, it might as well actually be functional and serve two functions at once.

1 week later
    #182 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Cagney and Lacey.

How bout Judging Amy instead?

Judging Amy, I'd say she's gained quite a few pounds since her Dirty Harry days.

1 week later
    #189 5 years ago

If I had a dream theme, it would probably not be music I used to listen to or a movie or TV show I saw a long time ago.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

VIC boys would like to see The Cramps.

I saw the Cramps several times back in the day.

Highlight of the day was when Lux Interior reached out and patted me on the top of the head because he saw I was having such a good time.

RIP Lux. If there's a rock and roll heaven, you are one of the most entertaining there.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-dream-theme-would-get-your-pre-order-money?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.