(Topic ID: 216045)

What Dream Theme Would Get Your Pre-Order Money?

By o-din

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

989BA5AB-D2EE-44AB-85F6-55981E421E92 (resized).jpeg
    thething (resized).jpg
    bb (resized).jpg
    tp (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20180831-233342_Chrome (resized).jpg
    600full-the-crippled-avengers-(the-return-of-the-5-deadly-venoms)-poster (resized).jpg
    cobra-command (resized).png
    F559A994-4F2B-4E36-834B-B2A6E5D805C4 (resized).jpeg
    wierd (resized).jpg
    A292EFE5-F55F-4A9D-8F4A-F269D40F25E7 (resized).jpeg
    Dreams-Inspiration-Quotes_01 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1268 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1267 (resized).jpg
    0F57D90A-C174-4E2F-8BF1-D6CDBF9EF239 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20180728_193636 (resized).jpg
    VH (resized).jpg
    There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 5 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I second The Three Stooges, with both Shemp and Curley. Must be done by Jersey Jack! Think of all the audio and video clips that could be used!

Your ball drains. Nuk Nuk Nuk Nuk Nuk Nuk

LTG : )

3 weeks later
    #152 5 years ago

Twilight
    NHL
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
    Tomb Raider
    Ren and Stimpy
    Frozen
    The Goldbergs

#153 5 years ago

Beavis and Butthead
    Mad Max/ Road Warrior
    Cheech and Chong
    Smokey and the Bandit

#154 5 years ago

The A-Team (chock full of Mr T call outs)

mr-t (resized).jpgmr-t (resized).jpg

#155 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

PBP and I go way back and this was pre-pinside days.
    I told him about the Bumper Action WOZ deposit embezzlement that was happening well before the shit hit the public fan

A) did not buy WOZ though Bumper, dealt directly with Jack. I received a full refund before Bumper imploded

#156 5 years ago

It just came to me at work, and it works perfectly, you have to beat the cops and the gangs and make your way home.

IMG_20180603_021828 (resized).jpgIMG_20180603_021828 (resized).jpg
    #157 5 years ago

There just happens to be a new Top Gun movie coming out.
    F-14 Tomcat 2 would be pretty sweet!

#158 5 years ago

I think a great universal theme would be World of Nintendo. The table could be theme-divided between their three (arguably) biggest licenses: Super Mario, Zelda and Metroid.

I think it would appeal to young, old, male and female. Just about everyone, as long as they have been into video games at some point in their life.

#159 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

A) did not buy WOZ though Bumper, dealt directly with Jack. I received a full refund before Bumper imploded

Should have stuck it out then in hindsight. JJP was committed to delivering and had setup a facility dedicated to making pinball machines for that purpose. 3 years it took for mine ordering direct but it did get here and with regular professional communication updates the entire time.

Not like it was some fly by night manufacturer done on a passing whim as a side interest.

Speaking of which, I'm preparing this now for the anniversary at the end of this month. Another milestone reached with no end result in sight.
    Number 5 a (resized).jpgNumber 5 a (resized).jpg

#160 5 years ago

I have two. Not sure if anyone suggested rocky already but that is my first. My second would be Cobra Kai mixed with karate kid. Never happening but there you have it.

Cheers

#161 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Should have stuck it out then in hindsight. JJP was committed to delivering and had setup a facility dedicated to making pinball machines for that purpose. .

Nah, I made the right move
    at the start, Bumper was the distributor, my game would have been delivered to them for me to pick up

Dont like the game anyway

#162 5 years ago

Woodstock revisited - Make love not war.

Zaccaria's Farfalla could be a starting point ...

#163 5 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

Preordator

The Big Ripoffsk...

That’s funny!
    +1

#164 5 years ago

Some good old Fantasy theme ala 80's, as in Swords of Fury, Sorceror, Grand Lizard, Dungeons and Dragons etc etc
    I dont care enough about hollywood movies, modern tv shows or rock bands to fork out huge piles of cash for it, but gimme a good, non-cluttered game with a nice fantasy theme and im down.

#165 5 years ago

Nah, I made the right move
    at the start, Bumper was the distributor, my game would have been delivered to them for me to pick up

Actually Bumper only jumped on board as a supposed distributor well after WOZ was first announced so anyone who had ordered in the initial stages did it direct with JJP like I did.

Some of us subsequently were asked to make the switch over at a later date to the local distributor but after doing due diligence on their trading practices and the actual structure of their WOZ depositor "trust accounts" most of us steadfastly refused to do so.

Ordered and paid direct, received direct - no Bumper involvement whatsoever.

For future reference one company cannot legally force a consumer to deal with another 3rd party company.

Dont like the game anyway

How's that current refund situation progressing anyway? Still getting the runaround?

#166 5 years ago

I'd love to see a Beatles pin, perhaps styled like this Yellow Submarine inspired jukebox

rock-ola-beatles-yellow-submarine-cd-jukebox (resized).jpgrock-ola-beatles-yellow-submarine-cd-jukebox (resized).jpg
    #167 5 years ago

Journey into Imagination the Pin - 1983 version

Image1 (resized).jpgImage1 (resized).jpg
    #168 5 years ago

Black Sabbath !

C'mon Stern

You could kill this !
    The Ultimate tunes for Pinball !

Trippy Iommi Hologram, Hell yeah !

black-sabbath (resized).pngblack-sabbath (resized).pngblacksabbath5 (resized).jpgblacksabbath5 (resized).jpg
    #169 5 years ago

Led Zeppelin!

The Stair Way to Heaven ramp shot

Multi Balls
    Whole Lotta Love
    Dazed and Confused
    Black Dog
    Communication Breakdown

#170 5 years ago
    Quoted from sulli10:

Led Zeppelin!
    The Stair Way to Heaven ramp shot
    Multi Balls
    Whole Lotta Love
    Dazed and Confused
    Black Dog
    Communication Breakdown

zep (resized).jpgzep (resized).jpg
    #171 5 years ago

The original Jonny Quest.... without question. Coolest music, villains , and gear/ jet packs, ray guns, planes..... endless. What kid didn’t want to be Jonny back in the day!?

#172 5 years ago

Fast & Furious would be a huge hit in our house. My kids and wife can’t get enough of the movies & they really like playing pinball. It works for me as well, cars, girls, music - checks all the boxes.

On the music side, Def Leopard, Motley Crue, Megadeth, Queen, Van Halen, NIN

#173 5 years ago

I thought of Toy Story a few years ago. That is a great theme for pinball.

Themes that could realistically be made, that I would purchase:

Music Pin: Foo Fighters
    Video Game: Zelda
    Movie: The Godfather (part 1 and 2)

#174 5 years ago

None. Haven’t we had enough disasters lately? Everyone is well intentioned from the start. Let’s think of these pre-orders as a project, here’s a brief summary of what can happen (in order):

1. Unbridled enthusiasm
    2. Complete dissolutionment
    3. Panic and hysteria
    4. Search for the guilty
    5. Punishment of the innocent

#175 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Haven’t we had enough disasters lately?

I was just thinking how cool would it be to have Earthquake in Sensurround with an all star cast. Then I realized we already got that covered.

DSCN5889 (resized).JPGDSCN5889 (resized).JPGDSCN5891 (resized).JPGDSCN5891 (resized).JPG
    1 week later
    #176 5 years ago

Pink floyd or rick and morty

#177 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I was just thinking how cool would it be to have Earthquake in Sensurround with an all star cast. Then I realized we already got that covered.

Drop a cocktail game in under that TV and you're in business.

Also, I admire your Stars media console. My old rack is sagging and I'm in the market for a replacement, that could be just the thing ...

1 week later
    #178 5 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I admire your Stars media console. My old rack is sagging and I'm in the market for a replacement, that could be just the thing

Thanks! And sure, why not? With all the other useless crap people put on top of their pinball machines, it might as well actually be functional and serve two functions at once.

#179 5 years ago

World of Warcraft

Though I would want it to be JJP if I could choose

1 week later
    #180 5 years ago

I didn't see the Action Point movie because it looked boring, but a pin based on Action Park would be fun. The biggest disappointment with the Rollercoaster Tycoon pin is that it featured none of the game's (admittedly unintended) absurd and sometimes dark humor, so it was just a straightlaced, weirdly unfunny pin about stats development. An Action Park pin could take advantage of what RCT is missing - keep the fun playfield toys (looping waterslide!) and add anarchic, black comedy elements.

#181 5 years ago

Cagney and Lacey.

cagney-and-lacey (resized).jpgcagney-and-lacey (resized).jpg

#182 5 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Cagney and Lacey.

How bout Judging Amy instead?

Judging Amy, I'd say she's gained quite a few pounds since her Dirty Harry days.

#183 5 years ago

Anything from Stern that's unlicensed

1 week later
    #184 5 years ago

Pretty much the same as the Warriors but better music

IMG_20180723_225123 (resized).jpgIMG_20180723_225123 (resized).jpg
    #185 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Pretty much the same as the Warriors but better music

Ummm... The warriors used music really well. Joe Walsh's in the City at the end. Just a great way to end it. But, also the DJ in the Warriors playing the music and also doing the callouts. That would be epic and cool.
    I'd love the Warriors. But, I will admit. It's a top 20 movie of mine, but it might not get my pinball money as there are a lot of pins that I want to own first.
    An Elvira 3 I really want, and someday I hope a Ghostbusters premium.

Now, for my fantasy choices... Of course I'd love a Dio pinball machine. You could do so much, have so many cool toys, and it could span his entire 4 decade career. All his bands and all his hits and classic albums. Rainbow, Black Sabbath, and Dio. And it could have like Rainbow Ramps. And a big ol Rainbow on the backglass like the Rainbow on Stage album. Not going to happen, but it would be cool.

Now, I don't know if this one has been mentioned. But, a One Million BC pinball would be amazing!! Raquel Welch on the backglass and playfield. A whole bunch of Ray Harryhausen dinos.
    THere is a catfight in the movie. Lots of great Harryhausen stop motion effects. When the ball lock happens a Terrodactal could lift and fly Raquel off using the movie clip. The volcano could blow up for a mode.
    It would have to me, everything a pinball machine should have. Sexy lady, killer and fun theme, and could have some really toys.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
    #186 5 years ago

Maybe not original but my family would go crazy for Toy Story or Harry Potter. Saying that I just bought and Iron Maiden and I have no affinity for the band. A great game will trump the theme.

I love Indiana Jones and I have the stern IJ4 and even though I like
    It more than most, we all know it is not a great game.

#187 5 years ago

The spinoff to Sons of Anarchy is starting soon so let’s get a SOA machine done of the original series!!!!!

#188 5 years ago
    Quoted from Diospinball:

Ummm... The warriors used music really well. .

Music is like pinball everyone has their own opinion but the music is better in the Wanderers.

#189 5 years ago

If I had a dream theme, it would probably not be music I used to listen to or a movie or TV show I saw a long time ago.

#190 5 years ago
    Quoted from davijc02:

The spinoff to Sons of Anarchy is starting soon so let’s get a SOA machine done of the original series!!!!!

Speaking of which:

IMG_1304 (resized).jpgIMG_1304 (resized).jpg
    #191 5 years ago

Common consensus amongst some crew here in Western Australia is Van Halen, but I would really love JACKASS or Scooby Doo if I had to pick a theme.

VH (resized).jpgVH (resized).jpg
    #192 5 years ago
    Quoted from oldskool1969:

Common consensus amongst some crew here in Western Australia is Van Halen,
    [quoted image]

VIC boys would like to see The Cramps.

IMG_20180728_193636 (resized).jpgIMG_20180728_193636 (resized).jpg
    #193 5 years ago

Firstly the game has to be fun to play but themes I would get in on:

Fast and Furious
    JAWS
    James Bond
    SAW
    John Wick
    Mission Impossible
    Jurassic World
    Any MCU theme - kids absolutely love playing IM & Avengers.
    DREDD!

#194 5 years ago

Movie: The Mummy (1999)
    Video Game: Mortal Kombat
    Music: Legends of Rock

#195 5 years ago
    0F57D90A-C174-4E2F-8BF1-D6CDBF9EF239 (resized).jpeg0F57D90A-C174-4E2F-8BF1-D6CDBF9EF239 (resized).jpeg
    #196 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scoot:

[quoted image]

... also speaking of:
    IMG_1267 (resized).jpgIMG_1267 (resized).jpgIMG_1268 (resized).jpgIMG_1268 (resized).jpg

#197 5 years ago

JPop joining up With Andrew Highway and Dutch Pinball would be a no brainer!!!

Instant Buy !!!

Dreams-Inspiration-Quotes_01 (resized).jpgDreams-Inspiration-Quotes_01 (resized).jpg
    #198 5 years ago

How about Star Blazers...aka Space Battleship Yamato.

A292EFE5-F55F-4A9D-8F4A-F269D40F25E7 (resized).jpegA292EFE5-F55F-4A9D-8F4A-F269D40F25E7 (resized).jpeg
    #199 5 years ago

With how popular TZ still is somebody should make a new spinoff pin based on the 80's hit Twilight Zone: The Movie. I would love to see an Airplane mode where you have to shoot at the monster on the wing.

#200 5 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

VIC boys would like to see The Cramps.

I saw the Cramps several times back in the day.

Highlight of the day was when Lux Interior reached out and patted me on the top of the head because he saw I was having such a good time.

RIP Lux. If there's a rock and roll heaven, you are one of the most entertaining there.

There are 252 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-dream-theme-would-get-your-pre-order-money/page/4?hl=garretswinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.