(Topic ID: 19658)

What does your screen name mean? Ive always wondered.

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by John-Floyd
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211117-154129_Photos (resized).jpg
    SilverUnicorn.pdf (PDF preview)
    download (2).jpg
    gwar_promo.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_-_Eric_Deschamps.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_(Dungeons_&_Dragons).JPG
    58666-i.jpg
    defender_bg.jpg
    baiter_200.png
    image-351.jpg
    image-882.jpg
    lt 56.jpg
    image-977.jpg
    image.jpg
    giphy (3).gif
    giphy (1).gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

People interest me so I wonder. Some of your screen names are obvious. Some I don't get. Kinda like personalized license plates. The person that picked them knows what they mean but the person behind you is trying as hard as they can to figure them out. I know what pinmike means. His name is mike and he likes pins. Others I can't figure out. Why the gorilla? Do you have a harry back? What about tracelifter? Do you suck at soldering?lol(i kid of course) Fintan_stack? My spell check actually comes up with this one....strange. I single you guys out in fun. I'm just curious. I'm the_pin_family because my whole family's into pinball. We actually decided to not buy individual Christmas presents this year and buy one family NIB. Now that's a good deal!!!! Wasted thread? I don't care, I'm a people watcher.

#19 11 years ago

See, now isn't this interesting? Thanks all, keep em coming.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Mine is pretty straightforward, my name is Tony Middendorf, but not because I'm unoriginal or boring
    When conducting business and interacting with folks online, or offline, I always want to make sure that I act with integrity and in a way that I would not be ashamed to have my name associated with.
    Basically, its my own personal D-bag accountability control!

I like this and wish I would have picked a different screen name. One closer to my real name. I chose my name days into the hobby when i found pinside, sitting with my family. I dont dislike it but would pick something different now. Not worth changing though.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

I actually don't fly planes ,but I stayed at a holiday inn express once.

Nice ride! You like it? Is it as fast as it looks? Not typical for saturn. They did a good job on that one. Don't get me wrong I think they're good cars but until now thats not what I think of when I think saturn.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I am a pinhead and I love NHL hockey................so puck guy.

Is that you in your avatar? Should you be pinheadpuckthongguy?lol j/k

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It is a Sky, and he pilots it.

Blackjacker, do you play cards or do you manufacture automotive jacks called "the jacker", and there black? lol. I kid.

#191 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Pinside forum is the only forum I check out on the internet.
    Since I don't already have a lot of cool online id's or gaming names, this is what I came up with.
    I've been into pinball since a teenager in the 70's.
    To me, pinball is a great hobby (playing/cleaning/fixing/mod-ing/buying/selling/trading).
    The artwork on some pinball machines is also pretty great.
    My current Avatar has nothing to do w/ my screen name, but I guess that explanation is for a different thread.

I'm in the same boat as you. This is the only forum I mess with. I need to get in an arcade forum to see if I can get some help with a dig-dug monitor problem I'm having. Just haven't had time yet. This thread really took off so maybe your right. Maybe ill start a "what's your avatar mean?" thread.

#192 11 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

I used to use my first name and last initial or something close to that but because I am not one to post multiple times everyday it seemed that most didn't remember it which would lead to less interaction with others. When I started to join pinball forums I thought I would look for something more memorable. My name is Russ but certain people used to call me Rusty. I like my Grand Lizard pinball machine. Also, just to the left of the computer where I am sitting is our lizard. When he is happy he turns kind of a rusty orange color. Put all that together and you have Rustylizard.

Lol. My guess would have been an old man that hasn't gotten laid in 60 years lol. No j/k really. It is a cool name though.

#216 11 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Pinball themed screen name that's it. To be honest, I rarely tilt. And the pic, I loved the movie Jaws.....it would have made a great theme for a pin!
    -Mike

Yes it would have. That jaws sound we all know so well during multiball would be cool. Shoot into the sharks mouth. Lots of cool stuff to work with.

1 month later
    #260 11 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

This thread should be made a sticky

I think the feeling by the powers that be is too many stickys make the site look cluttered. When I start to notice lots of new members I bump the thread to keep it going. Usually don't have to though. It usually pops back up on its own.

#261 11 years ago

Oops, double post. Delete Mr mod.....please.

#267 11 years ago

Time for a sequel. What the hell is that thing you call an avatar?

2 weeks later
    #269 11 years ago

Bump cuz I see some new names.

2 months later
    #277 11 years ago

Lots and lots of new people since this thread started. Bump!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-your-screen-name-mean-ive-always-wondered?tu=the_pin_family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.