(Topic ID: 19658)

What does your screen name mean? Ive always wondered.

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by John-Floyd
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211117-154129_Photos (resized).jpg
    SilverUnicorn.pdf (PDF preview)
    download (2).jpg
    gwar_promo.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_-_Eric_Deschamps.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_(Dungeons_&_Dragons).JPG
    58666-i.jpg
    defender_bg.jpg
    baiter_200.png
    image-351.jpg
    image-882.jpg
    lt 56.jpg
    image-977.jpg
    image.jpg
    giphy (3).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.
    #201 11 years ago

Most think it's from the Eastwood movie but its actually from my first online game "interstate 76!". Must be about 15 years ago! I raced a white car....

#202 11 years ago

I have always been nuts about roller coasters.

#203 11 years ago

Alveolus is the name for the functional unit of the lung, and I am a pulmonologist. The fact that it also sounds like the name of a tertiary Roman deity makes it seem more interesting.

#204 11 years ago

Mine is just a nod to Doug Horne, a great tiki artist. His site is swampfirelounge.com; I have no imagination so I call my gameroom the SwampFire Arcade.

#205 11 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bill,
    How did you pick your Avatar pic?

I figured if someone didn't like what I posted they could just look at my avatar.. "Oh.. He's a D-Head... No wonder.."

#206 11 years ago

Nutty was nickname given by my longtime friend some 15 years ago due to my personality. 5.0 was added due to internet forums and have been a late model mustang guy since 96. My 93 was featured in two magazines and was used in some advertising...

Was Davy Crookett on the BBS's BITD but was taken when I started on forums in the late 90's....

#207 11 years ago

Mostly Polish, completely mentally unstable.

#208 11 years ago

Tom in NoVA = Tom who lives in Northern Virginia

Also used on RGP, KLOV, and Pinballbash

#209 11 years ago

I used to be a mechanic working in the back of a bowling alley fixing Brunswick A2 pinsetters.

A2.JPGA2.JPG

#210 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xpinmonkey:

I used to be a mechanic working in the back of a bowling alley fixing Brunswick A2 pinsetters.

Very cool. I was a "Pinchaser" for my local alley from 1986-92. Good times. We weren't the mechanics, but the guys called in to fix the problems during night leagues when the mechanic was off. I can still remember nearly every piece of those pinsetters. Fanastic machines they were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinsetter

#211 11 years ago

After alot of pot and beers at a friends we all started to see what our names would sound like backwards......stupid potheads!!!

My last name sounded the best out of everyones and decided to use it for all my online activity 10plus years now.....

Keith Parkins

#212 11 years ago

Mine comes from when I was working my 2nd year in college, I was a smooth operator of the grill and flat top, so much that my hip hop loving grill mate could sit back and chill. Since my initials are RR he started calling me Rolls Royce cause I was super smooth. So thats how I got Royce the 6135 is from boyscouts I was the 61st eagle scout of troop 35.

#213 11 years ago

I hope you don't get in trouble for your avatar pic.

Quoted from snikrap:

After alot of pot and beers at a friends we all started to see what our names would sound like backwards......stupid potheads!!!
    My last name sounded the best out of everyones and decided to use it for all my online activity 10plus years now.....
    Keith Parkins

#214 11 years ago

My initials and year I was born.

#215 11 years ago

Pinball themed screen name that's it. To be honest, I rarely tilt. And the pic, I loved the movie Jaws.....it would have made a great theme for a pin!

-Mike

#216 11 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Pinball themed screen name that's it. To be honest, I rarely tilt. And the pic, I loved the movie Jaws.....it would have made a great theme for a pin!
    -Mike

Yes it would have. That jaws sound we all know so well during multiball would be cool. Shoot into the sharks mouth. Lots of cool stuff to work with.

#217 11 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I always use the screen name Arcade.
    It has multiple meanings for me and just fits.
    I use it because not only do I own and operate and Arcade but because the very first comic book I ever purchased was Marvel Team-Up #66. The villains name in the story is "Arcade".
    How can you not like Spider-Man trapped in a giant pinball machine of death.
    And the pinball machine of death comes back in X-Men #123.
    So I will forever be Arcade.

I have that issue....I think I have all Marvel Team-Ups #1 through 80 something...Those were the days

#218 11 years ago
    Quoted from robertmee:

I have that issue....I think I have all Marvel Team-Ups #1 through 80 something...Those were the days

I love the team-ups. Some really good early stories in those.
    I think it is cool that the very first comic I ever read was a pinball machine story.
    I still like to go back and re-read it every once in while.

#219 11 years ago

What do you call someone who is the exact opposite of a pinball wizard? I was listening to a lot of Sabbath when I made my avatar and I wanted it to look like this Electric Wizard cover..

http://static-l3.blogcritics.org/11/03/02/154319/Electric-Wizard-Black-Masses.jpg

#220 11 years ago

I once kept Bees, my name is Chris. I sold honey under the name CHRISBEE it sort of stuck.

#221 11 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

What do you call someone who is the exact opposite of a pinball wizard? I was listening to a lot of Sabbath when I made my Avatar and I wanted it to look like this Electric Wizard cover..
    http://static-l3.blogcritics.org/11/03/02/154319/Electric-Wizard-Black-Masses.jpg

SABBATH,YEAH!

#222 11 years ago

Whenever I would do something intentionally annoying to my dad or get him with a flat tire or an equivalent, he'd say, you frickin nitwit, in a kind of joking way to get out a little frustration. It got shortened to ickin itwit over the years. He got me into pinball and has been a forum goer here for a while, so I joined with this name to see if he'd pick up on it. Got a good laugh from it.

#223 11 years ago
    Quoted from IckinItwit:

Whenever I would do something intentionally annoying to my dad or get him with a flat tire or an equivalent, he'd say, you frickin nitwit, in a kind of joking way to get out a little frustration. It got shortened to ickin itwit over the years. He got me into pinball and has been a forum goer here for a while, so I joined with this name to see if he'd pick up on it. Got a good laugh from it.

Let me guess, is Pinballdad your dad?

#224 11 years ago

What does my name mean? Sixth Sense
    I was so good at FPS (first person shooters) that some guy said to me “what the hell man you always know where I am at all times? Its like you have a Sixth Sense or something. So my name became SixthSence (I was a bad speller but a math wiz) back when I was a teen. Then My gaming clan (which at the time was #1 in the world for Quake II) and I wanted everyone to spell there name the “L33T” way. So it became 6S3NC3 bc it looked cooler and Everyone like it. With today’s L33t spelling is would be 653NC3 but I like the S better than the 5 so I never changed it since. Most people online call me 6 or Mike. Most of you are still confused

#225 11 years ago

First initial of first name(James) and my last name (Newton). On KLOV, and RGParchive I use Macrossplus(my favorite Anime from back in the day).

#226 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

What does my name mean? Sixth SenseI was so good at FPS (first person shooters) that some guy said to me “what the hell man you always know where I am at all times? Its like you have a Sixth Sense or something. So my name became SixthSence (I was a bad speller but a math wiz) back when I was a teen. Then My gaming clan (which at the time was #1 in the world for Quake II) and I wanted everyone to spell there name the “L33T” way. So it became 6S3NC3 bc it looked cooler and Everyone like it. With today’s L33t spelling is would be 653NC3 but I like the S better than the 5 so I never changed it since. Most people online call me 6 or Mike. Most of you are still confused

You lost me at what.

#227 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

MrWizzo

A little surprised at the number of gamers on here, but I guess it's a natural overlap. Though the Earthbound and Minecraft creeper avatars, among others, should have tipped me off earlier.

#228 11 years ago
    Quoted from IckinItwit:

MrWizzo
    A little surprised at the number of gamers on here, but I guess it's a natural overlap. Though the Earthbound and Minecraft creeper avatars, among others, should have tipped me off earlier.

Sweet! I know of this Mr Wizzo

Yep, IMO, pinball is the next step up. It just feels more real.

#229 11 years ago

L33t spelling

I scored this at Pinfest and it made me laugh enough to take a picture. Anachronism:

IMG_20120505_154537.jpgIMG_20120505_154537.jpg

#230 11 years ago

mine's my initials (james michael)

pinside wouldn't let me use periods in my username to the separate them (boo!) so I'm stuck with the silly looking underscores

#231 11 years ago
    Quoted from IckinItwit:

I scored this at Pinfest

I would of did the same LOL Great pic.

You lost me at what.

Most people will be lost at what with you haha.

#232 11 years ago
    Quoted from 6S3NC3:

I would of did the same LOL Great pic.
    Most people will be lost at what with you haha.

I get it now! Wow...

Feel free to hurl insults...I know...I know...

#233 11 years ago

My gamer tag from back in the 90's. In team FPS games I was always a sniper.

Still use it today.

#234 11 years ago

Favorite form of transportation / recreation.

#235 11 years ago

P42 is a type of locomotive, Hogger is slang for the guy who drives it.

1 month later
    #236 11 years ago

6S3NC3 said:
    What does my name mean? Sixth SenseI was so good at FPS (first person shooters) that some guy said to me “what the hell man you always know where I am at all times? Its like you have a Sixth Sense or something. So my name became SixthSence (I was a bad speller but a math wiz) back when I was a teen. Then My gaming clan (which at the time was #1 in the world for Quake II) and I wanted everyone to spell there name the “L33T” way. So it became 6S3NC3 bc it looked cooler and Everyone like it. With today’s L33t spelling is would be 653NC3 but I like the S better than the 5 so I never changed it since. Most people online call me 6 or Mike. Most of you are still confused

You lost me at what.

Uh, yeah! I'll get my son to explain it to me.

Quoted from IckinItwit:

mrSATURN2012 said:

MrWizzo

That's my boy!!

Dan

#237 11 years ago

futurepinhead, I used to know nothing about pinball.

#238 11 years ago

Means I suck

#239 11 years ago

Mr. 68 is based on an old joke. Here's the brief version.

While in bed I suggested to my lady that we "68".
    She said "you mean 69"
    I said "No, I mean 68"
    She: "I don't know what that means"

I said "That means you go down on me and I owe you one"

Cute joke but I once caught my ex bragging that I was Mr. 68 because she owned me one.

Kim

#240 11 years ago

I work for a material handling dealer (forklifts,skidsteers, excavators,etc) so
    Lift for lift trucks, serv for service.

#241 11 years ago

Mine is a combination of 2 diff rugby positions I played, Center and Flanker.

#242 11 years ago

I've used my real name on the pin forums. One eBay it's "updn", I'm in the elevator industry so up and down. And yes I've heard all the elevator man jokes..."elevator men always get it up", "elevator guys have a long shaft", "elevator men do it up and down", "elevator men do it at 1500fpm" (feet per minute, 1500 being one of the faster cars). Or if you work on elscalators..."escalator guys do it at 30 degrees" (the incline of an escalator). More info than anyone every wanted I'm sure.

#243 11 years ago

Ed born in '66.
    A buddy called me "special Ed" in high school as one of those typical teenage insults. (No, I didn't ride the short bus... I was in the top 5% of my class actually.) Anyway, it stuck. Over time my friends shortened it to just "Special" or usually "Sped" depending on their mood. Now every time I score a special in pinball I think of how appropriate my nick is now. Strange twist of fate?
    Oh, I can also be particularly special when lit.

#245 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Or if you work on elscalators..."escalator guys do it at 30 degrees" (the incline of an escalator). More info than anyone every wanted I'm sure.

I was once riding an escalator when it broke down. I was stuck there for hours.

Kim

#246 11 years ago

I hate when that happens. I had the same thing happen to me while I was on one of those people movers through the airport. Missed a flight. Now they scare me.

Quoted from Mr68:

I was once riding an escalator when it broke down. I was stuck there for hours.
    Kim

#247 11 years ago

My handle is from when I raced heads-up outlaw drag cars...I drove a 88 Monte Carlo SS...Our crew adopted drag racer, Tony Pedregon's team name of "Wickedquick".....been my handle for years on everything. Man I miss racing...still help on a couple of fast cars

#248 11 years ago

I live in VA. I used LWLRFN when I first joined RGP but felt more comftorable dealing with people that used their real names.

I use TaylorVA on RGP, KLOV and Pinballbash.

The only time I considering changing it was after being threatened by a pinside member that has since been banned. Anonymity gives people the courage to be asshol*s and I frankly prefer dealing with people that at least include a real name in their sig.

#249 11 years ago

Raced motorcycles for years.
    Slow(everyone always tagged their names fast)
    1000 (engine size)
    Rider(pretty obvious)
    03 (bike number)
    Slow1000rider03

#250 11 years ago

Mine was my DJ moniker since 1990 because I spun down and dirty Chicago Disco House, and my first gig was spinning genuine 70's Disco for Disco nights at a local club back in the day.

But I came up with it when I was 16. I'm 37 (almost 38) now. If and when I spin these days, I just use my real name.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-your-screen-name-mean-ive-always-wondered/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.