(Topic ID: 19658)

What does your screen name mean? Ive always wondered.

By the_pin_family

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 509 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by John-Floyd
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211117-154129_Photos (resized).jpg
    SilverUnicorn.pdf (PDF preview)
    download (2).jpg
    gwar_promo.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_-_Eric_Deschamps.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_(Dungeons_&_Dragons).JPG
    58666-i.jpg
    defender_bg.jpg
    baiter_200.png
    image-351.jpg
    image-882.jpg
    lt 56.jpg
    image-977.jpg
    image.jpg
    giphy (3).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.
    #51 11 years ago

First name+middle/last initial. I know, I know =

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Mine is fairly simple...
    I love Butterflies...I am a girl...and the 24 is a Nascar reference to my favorite driver...
    hence Butterflygirl24...
    Been that since I first signed up for E-bay...and other groups on the internet... Didn't do it to hide who I was or anything...just figured it fit me.
    Phoebe

Nice, my eBay handle is rainbowarior. You would understand.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

Nice ride! You like it? Is it as fast as it looks? Not typical for saturn. They did a good job on that one. Don't get me wrong I think they're good cars but until now thats not what I think of when I think saturn.

It's a great inexpensive coupe. I love it. not sure of its top speed Yet, 260 Hp in an oversized go-cart.

#54 11 years ago

Great thread.

Mines something of a nom de guerre from early days. Derived from early pinball days/Tommy movie/Who song, Black Sabbath song, D&D, and an uncanny ability to get things done or perceive things others couldn't. But for some reason lost to me now, its always been with two z and not capitalized (more of a state of being than a proper noun). I generally add a z at the end when wizzard is already taken.

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

What's the relevance of the car? Just curious......

Its a Saturn "Sky" hence I'm the pilot.

#56 11 years ago

It's my name fools.

#57 11 years ago

My first gaming name was TFC online in 1999. My friend at the time dubbed me "Nevus" pronounced Knee-vis. Nevus rhymes with Beavis. It's a a technical name for a mole like the kind on your skin. I've got a few. I dubbed my pal Flatus, which means fart. Guess what his issue was? Nevus is kind of obscure but I've had it a long time and have stuck with it.

I developed a group of good friends playing online games and that friendship has been going for over a decade now. We gather once or twice a year etc. Nevus is my tag in the group and that's part of the reason it has continued.

#58 11 years ago

walked into a room once and a three year old looked up at me and said "you have a really big head".

#59 11 years ago

Akuma Zeto Roughly translates from Japanese "DEVIL Z" akuma zeto is a 1973 240z in the Wangan Manga. It kills all it owners threw horrific crashes but posses the next owner to restore it only to kill them.

I own a 1973 240z that is setup with twin gt35's Threw a old HKS plenum box blowing threw triple Webers. This is the exact setup as the Devil Z. This is a extremely archaic form of turbo charging and causes a massive on set hit like a 2 stroke on its powerband. On the last dyno run it put down 435hp and 481lbs of trq. Not allot but enough for a car tipping the scales at 2,236lbs with me in it.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Its a Saturn "Sky" hence I'm the pilot

The plate on my sports car reads IFLY2LO. I had a frame that read on the top "I don't drive too fast..." I kept getting pulled over, and it was hard to rationalize to the cop (who simply assumes its a thumbing to them that I always drive fast) its derived from 1) being a fan of (low altitude) air racing, 2) have worked with aircraft simulators, and 3) the BMW heritage is from aircraft. So I kept the plate and just changed the frame.

#61 11 years ago

All my internet screen names have something to do with sun devils. I am an Arizona State Alumni.

#62 11 years ago

Mine is taken from a sketch by "tim & eric awesome show great job" on adult swim.

#63 11 years ago

A few years back, my sister and I were discussing golf outing ideas. I suggested I hit a drive that people could purchase (a "gorilla" or LONG drive). I thought for awhile...I suggested we could probably sell more if I bought a gorilla suit to hit the shot in.

First outing that hired me, it was about 45 degrees out, and I almost fainted from the heat. The plan changed to a theoretical drive they purchase and I now make a 15 to 20 minute appearance before the outing. One very nice advantage of the getup is getting to mug wives and girlfriends and having the men encourage it!

The Gorilla was born.

#64 11 years ago

Mine is pretty easy!! Next to pins it is my other favorite hobby!!! I love the thrill of the hunt and being outdoors!! Nothing better than calling in (or playing on) a great big TOM!!!!! lol, Hah!! That could work for both pins & turkey hunting!!

#65 11 years ago

My dog is a Siberian Husky with blue eyes and his name is Vegas = Bluevegas

Vegas---Father-.jpgVegas---Father-.jpg

#66 11 years ago

Mine is a play on words. I'm a pinball fanatic and I live in Kentucky.
    Thus: Pintucky
    Hoping people in Kentucky who have pins would pick up on this . . .
    Mike

#67 11 years ago

No idea what my screen name means. My parents gave it to me.

Of course, they also gave me Scott as a middle name, so I'm also known as BS Kelly.

#68 11 years ago

gweempose doesn't mean anything. It's just a word I made up years ago when I was trying to register for an AOL account. Everything I tried was already taken, so I came up with something totally unique.

#69 11 years ago

creative thread...t_p_f

What the heck does my screen name mean..i dont even know. It started many years ago when i was trying to get something closer to my other passsion..astronomy (avatar)..but every darn name I picked was "not available". Frustrated after an hour..I asked my son what his was...vyzer1...I became vyzer 2...duh.

#70 11 years ago

Txstargazer3

I live in Texas.
    My other hobby is astronomy.
    I have 3 kids.

#71 11 years ago

Just like in life- my approach to pinball is the same.
    If you stick to the same routine/game/???, you'll burn-out fast.
    Keep it nimble...

#72 11 years ago

My name is Gweempose but that was already taken so I just made something up

#73 11 years ago

Ian.... Ian who? That's what people say when I sneak in and beat there high scores completely unaware.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from BriGuy5:

I was always a fan of shyguy from Mario bros., probably because I was quite shy growing up. I remember one day after school on the swings my friend referred to me as briguy (probably because it rhymed) and I've been using that handle ever since. I added the 5 when I made an Xbox live acct 7 years ago because briguy was taken, and 5 is my favorite number. Now all my friends refer to me as briguy5. My best man even called me briguy5 during his speech. My grandparents were like, wtf?

LOL!

Everyone calls me Frax off the boards too.

#75 11 years ago

My wife teases me that I am practical, and my name is Steve. Not very exciting but there it is.

#76 11 years ago

Great Thread!

Quoted from justjoe:

pinheadpuckguy said:
    I am a pinhead and I love NHL hockey................so puck guy.
    Go Blackhawks!

Wild >>> Hawks. Tho, I do dig what they've done w/ the team over in the windy city the past many years..

Origin of Jonogo - I Was 12 and had a Sega Dreamcast, which could get online (over 14.4k BAUD! OH MY!).. this new fangled "online" was not the norm for video game systems at that time in history. I had to come up with a "online screen name" and mashed the keys on the keyboard. What was produced, started w/ a J, which is the first letter of my name, Josh, and was pretty easy to pronounce.. Joe - No - Go.. so I kept it.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Blakesell:

A blend of my first and last name.An old roommate called me this all the time, and it sounded better than my dj names.

Mine's a blend of my first and last name too.

-Lonnie

#78 11 years ago

I'm a doctor that likes hard rock and metal music, so most of my names are variations of Metaldoc. My nickname at times has been Doc too. Occasionally when I try to use Metaldoc on a site, it says the name is already taken, so I came up with Metalpin to use instead. Knowing the reasons for the other name, this one is obvious. Metal Pin(ball).

#79 11 years ago

Bought my first pin 16 months ago and immediately joined a couple of pinball forums. Machine was Silverball Mania, so I became the Maniac.

#80 11 years ago

In my case, this is a very fitting day to ask.

On the Andy Griffith Show, Barney called Andy "Ange". In the same vein, my dad is named Harold, and my uncle called him "Harge". I was named after my dad (and grandpa), and the nickname was passed down. The spelling morphed into Herg, but is still pronounced the same.

#81 11 years ago

LesManley is a character from an old Accolade PC game called LesManley: Search for the King and also the sequel LesManley: Lost in LA. Loved the original back in the day. Thought it was fitting too cause calling me LesManley is like calling a fat guy tiny.

#82 11 years ago

My name is Eric, and Cire is too short for most applications so I added one to it.

#83 11 years ago

Mine is easy, my name Ron and my wife, Lisa. I know it dont match the theme of this site, but its easy to remember and I use it for everything that needs a user name. That way, I can remember one user name instead of a dozen others.

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

My name is Gweempose but that was already taken so I just made something up

LMAO!!!

#85 11 years ago

Tatman , because I have a lot of tattoos, 2 full arm sleeves, full chest and stomach,legs,back. Best name I could think of at the time.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

gweempose doesn't mean anything. It's just a word I made up years ago when I was trying to register for an AOL account. Everything I tried was already taken, so I came up with something totally unique.

That explains that ,couldn't figure how to even pronounce it.

#87 11 years ago

Lee B. Last name initial
    B-18509 USPA skydiving license number
    I never cap the "b" so I get called Leeb...

#88 11 years ago

I kept trying to come up with names and everyone was already used so I used my pizza business name, doughslingers. We take the dough (pizza) and turn it into more dough (cash spending type) hopefully, most days we do! We even toss it in the air and spin it! It is also my Ebay user id which I have had since March 1999. Its unique so I have kept it for other sites like this. I wish I had a name more common to pinball that people could better recognize but after 13 years I feel I am stuck with the doughslingers name.
    Buddy

#89 11 years ago

Way back in the day was trying to find a short version of my name for yahoo mail that wasn't already taken, so I didn't have to use darthn00b69@yahoo (not really) on my resume. So I took the first two letters of my first, middle and last name.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Earthbound (or Mother 2 in Japan).

One of my favorite games of all time. I guess I was the right age when I played this one. I still have the original box/guide/game.

My name? Who doesn't love Steely Dan?

#91 11 years ago

OneEyedWilly was already taken, so Copperpot was the next logical choice.

#92 11 years ago

Fattrain came from 7th grade sex ed.

We'll leave it at that...

#93 11 years ago

Mine is taken from a character in a Dungeons and Dragons series of Video games. The first Eye of the Beholder Series

#94 11 years ago

The brothers Doug and Dinsdale Piranha were english mafia from the Monty Python Flying Circus sketches. Dinsdale used force to get what he wanted from its victims and Doug used Sarcasm. My actual name is Kurt.

The hedgehog in my avatar is the giant hedgehog that was hunting for Dinsdale Piranha.

The actual skit was a spoof of real english mafia from the 60's. The Kray brothers were notorius for being ruthless slugs.

#95 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

One of my favorite games of all time. I guess I was the right age when I played this one. I still have the original box/guide/game.

Rock on! I would rent it all the time as a kid, but never bought it. Poor Dad couldn't return the game in the return slot. He would have to wait until the store opened to return the ridiculously huge tupperware container holding both the game and strategy guide.

Luckily, I found the cartridge at a pawn shop. It still was expensive though...

#96 11 years ago

Have been going by JeffS for many years because there are so many Jeff's around. I worked on one project team that had twelve people and three were named...you guessed it. When I built my home game room, I christened it the Pinball Palace. Soon thereafter I decided to combine the names.

#97 11 years ago

A self imposed nickname I used at work some 18 years ago. I would even get e-mails at work with "Spidey" as my first name since I had it listed as my nickname. I had tons of aliases when I worked at Pizza Hut back in high school since we made name badges with label tape. Ood Xirxx, Jamuka Lee, VP Dan Quayle, Zulu Kashaka, Bart Simpson, DiJon, Maxwell Smart. And sometimes I would answer the phone and say it was "Rebbecca" speaking. One kid asked me if Bart Simpson was really my name, and before I could answer, his mom said, "of course it is, why else do you think he has it on his name badge?"

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My name? Who doesn't love Steely Dan?

I won a SNES and 19 games from Gamepro when I was 15 or so. Earthbound was in that pile and I grew really attached to it. I named one of the characters 'OJ', as he was in the news constantly, and my dog was named 'Boner'. Still have the guide and game, but the box is buried between moves in the past 15 years...

#99 11 years ago

From a really old joke...

There was an up and coming "Man on the Street" reporter (think Geraldo Rivera) who was really out to make a name for himself. One day he was interviewing people "live" for a segment he was doing. Suddenly a very drunk and smelly bum came up to him and said in a drunken slur "Lemme tell ya a joke". The reporter tried repeatedly to put him off and go on with his show but the drunk was very persistent and kept saying "Lemme tell ya a good joke". Finally the exasperated reporter relented and said in a huff "Okay sir, tell us your joke".

The drunk got real close to the camera and says "Knock, knock"
    Reporter: "who's there?"
    Drunk: "Aahgo"
    Reporter (bored): "aahgo who?"
    Drunk (loudly): Aahgo F**k yourself!

Going out live, this ruined the reporter who was immediately sacked.

Years later, the reporter slowly worked his way back into his former job but in a neighboring city. Once more he was doing a live on the street interview when unbelievably up comes the same drunk. "Hey, I know you; you’re that reporter fellow that let me tell my joke.” “Gotta another one for you." Luckily, the reporter had prepared himself for this very situation by learning every knock knock joke ever told.

Reporter (confidently): "Go ahead sir, let's have it."
    Drunk: "Knock knock"
    Reporter: "who's there?"
    Drunk: "Mary"
    Reporter thinking furiously: "Hmmm...Mary...Mary...there's no bad joke that starts with Mary...I'm safe..."
    "Mary who?"
    Drunk: "Aahgo F**k yourself!

#100 11 years ago

'Mummite' is an enemy I designed for the old "Turok Dinosaur Hunter" games on N64.

There are 509 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-your-screen-name-mean-ive-always-wondered/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.