(Topic ID: 19658)

What does your screen name mean? Ive always wondered.

By the_pin_family

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 506 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Tuna_Delight
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 44 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

download (2).jpg
    gwar_promo.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_-_Eric_Deschamps.jpg
    200px-Asmodeus_(Dungeons_&_Dragons).JPG
    58666-i.jpg
    defender_bg.jpg
    baiter_200.png
    image-351.jpg
    image-882.jpg
    lt 56.jpg
    image-977.jpg
    image.jpg
    giphy (3).gif
    giphy (1).gif
    1526419_649931548409229_1764477915_n.jpg
    image.jpg

There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
    #1 8 years ago

People interest me so I wonder. Some of your screen names are obvious. Some I don't get. Kinda like personalized license plates. The person that picked them knows what they mean but the person behind you is trying as hard as they can to figure them out. I know what pinmike means. His name is mike and he likes pins. Others I can't figure out. Why the gorilla? Do you have a harry back? What about tracelifter? Do you suck at soldering?lol(i kid of course) Fintan_stack? My spell check actually comes up with this one....strange. I single you guys out in fun. I'm just curious. I'm the_pin_family because my whole family's into pinball. We actually decided to not buy individual Christmas presents this year and buy one family NIB. Now that's a good deal!!!! Wasted thread? I don't care, I'm a people watcher.

#3 8 years ago

Pinballdad
    Dad for 24 years
    Pinball player for more

#4 8 years ago

I used to be into comics back in the day when a comic company named Valliant was popular there was a character called Rai (shortened from Samurai) who was a futuristic warrior.

#5 8 years ago

I was a pretty strange kid in middle school and would do just about anything to make people laugh. One of the things that stuck was shouting out the word Argabarga! I'm also a big fan of Indiana Jones.

Hell I still don't know if it means anything, but I like the way it sounds and I've been using it since I started playing Quake II. There also aren't a lot of other people using it as a screen name out there.

#6 8 years ago

A blend of my first and last name.
    An old roommate called me this all the time, and it sounded better than my dj names.

#7 8 years ago

Rum-Z is a shortened phonetic spelling of my last name "Rumsey".

Jeff R.

#8 8 years ago

From a bit of dabbling in the Martial Arts.

The principles of Hwa (Nonresistance), Won (Circular Motion), and Yu (Water).

#9 8 years ago

Mine comes from a dancing Crash Bandicoot animation. It's cheesy but it's something I started using when I was 12.

#10 8 years ago

I use Wolf a lot of places, after the character from pulp fiction. I added my name because when I went to NC State (the wolf pack) every computer person there tried to use wolf, so I stuck my last name on it.

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I use Wolf a lot of places, after the character from pulp fiction. I added my name because when I went to NC State (the wolf pack) every computer person there tried to use wolf, so I stuck my last name on it.

Hello from a fellow State alum.

#12 8 years ago

I've used my name since I was using BBSs (SYSOP for 5 years) and Usenet. I've never felt the need to hide who I am and let my reputation proceed me. I've been collecting games for 15 years now and have had so many transactions over those years with 98% of them good ones. I think it's worked for me. The A in it stands for my first name, which is Frederick.

#13 8 years ago

My "handle" from the early days of the internet was "Mojo" (well before Austin Powers came along) and my wife was a popular artist in Japan.

On one trip to Tokyo her promoter referred to me as "Mr. Mojo-san" and it stuck.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

People interest me so I wonder. Some of your screen names are obvious. Some I don't get. Kinda like personalized license plates. The person that picked them knows what they mean but the person behind you is trying as hard as they can to figure them out. I know what pinmike means. His name is mike and he likes pins. Others I can't figure out. Why the gorilla? Do you have a harry back? What about tracelifter? Do you suck at soldering?lol(i kid of course) Fintan_stack? My spell check actually comes up with this one....strange. I single you guys out in fun. I'm just curious. I'm the_pin_family because my whole family's into pinball. We actually decided to not buy individual Christmas presents this year and buy one family NIB. Now that's a good deal!!!! Wasted thread? I don't care, I'm a people watcher.

Mine is fairly simple...
    I love Butterflies...I am a girl...and the 24 is a Nascar reference to my favorite driver...
    hence Butterflygirl24...
    Been that since I first signed up for E-bay...and other groups on the internet... Didn't do it to hide who I was or anything...just figured it fit me.

Phoebe

#15 8 years ago

Mine came from a nick name my friends in high school gave my dog because he was really fat, diesel dog. Then pi is for private investigator since I worked as one for a couple of years almost 10 years ago. Started using that handle on my forums and it stuck...on every single forum I am on.

#16 8 years ago

It's based off of a character in an esoteric game that Nintendo released for the Super Nintendo, Earthbound (or Mother 2 in Japan). If you guys have played Super Smash Bros, he is the most useless character

But in Earthbound, the race of Mr. Saturns (yes, it's kooky) are very childish. So, that's me in a nutshell; I like having fun.

#17 8 years ago

mine is actually from my very first AOL account. i used to have to type it in all the time and it was just something that stuck with me so i kept using it. it is actually a combination of my fathers name (Norbert) and our last name (Meunier) and i think the computer just randomly picked the numbers. at the time that AOL came out i was in middle school so i had to use my dad's credit card in order to get an AOL account.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Hello from a fellow State alum.

Also an NCSU alum here....

ID is first name, last initial, EE (my NCSU degree)

#19 8 years ago

See, now isn't this interesting? Thanks all, keep em coming.

#20 8 years ago

Oakland Volunteer Fire Dept

I have been a volunteer firefighter since 1999, also have worked in the fire industry since then as well. Live eat and breath fire.......

Hence ovfdfireman

#21 8 years ago

I'm tall and blonde. Tallblonde was taken, so it became blondetall. I have also been using since my first account on AOL, and at the time it was pretty much my nickname at work since nobody could remember my name and I was the only tall and blonde one. (Well, real blonde.) I worked in a restaurant for about 5 years and the job turnover was awful so unless you stuck around nobody bothered to know your name. I also usually answered to "Hey you!"

#22 8 years ago

Mine is pretty straightforward, my name is Tony Middendorf, but not because I'm unoriginal or boring

When conducting business and interacting with folks online, or offline, I always want to make sure that I act with integrity and in a way that I would not be ashamed to have my name associated with.

Basically, its my own personal D-bag accountability control!

#23 8 years ago

Great thread, btw!

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Mine is pretty straightforward, my name is Tony Middendorf, but not because I'm unoriginal or boring
    When conducting business and interacting with folks online, or offline, I always want to make sure that I act with integrity and in a way that I would not be ashamed to have my name associated with.

You have your reputation at stake like Jersey Jack.

#25 8 years ago

I actually don't fly planes ,but I stayed at a holiday inn express once.

IMG_0372.JPG

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I like this and wish I would have picked a different screen name. One closer to my real name. I chose my name days into the hobby when i found pinside, sitting with my family. I dont dislike it but would pick something different now. Not worth changing though.

#28 8 years ago

Using real name on a moderated forum is my norm if there is a chance for RL interaction. Makes it easy to remember.

#29 8 years ago

I am a pinhead and I love NHL hockey................so puck guy.

#30 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Nice ride! You like it? Is it as fast as it looks? Not typical for saturn. They did a good job on that one. Don't get me wrong I think they're good cars but until now thats not what I think of when I think saturn.

#31 8 years ago

Just Joe...

Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Go Blackhawks!

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

What's the relevance of the car? Just curious......

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from the_pin_family:

I dont dislike it but would pick something different now. Not worth changing though.

Plus, once your handle gets a reputation attached to it, it works much the same as having it be your real name. I think it's perfect for you- even cooler with your avatar!

#34 8 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

Is that you in your avatar? Should you be pinheadpuckthongguy?lol j/k

#35 8 years ago

I like Special Effects and also publish a magazine called SPFX. The TED is my name. SPFXTED

makingmovie.gif

#36 8 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

What's the relevance of the car? Just curious......

It is a Sky, and he pilots it.

#37 8 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

It is a Sky, and he pilots it.

Blackjacker, do you play cards or do you manufacture automotive jacks called "the jacker", and there black? lol. I kid.

#38 8 years ago

I've got no interesting story. I made it up a very long time ago. What's amusing to me is that in the intervening period of time, it's been used for other things I'm not at all involved with. I think the disambiguation of a name I came up with over 15 years ago is fairly amusing...

Frax - Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Villain
    Frax - Abbreviation for Fragile X Syndrome
    Frax - Some kind of store overseas. (May be defunct?)
    FRAX - A tool to evaulate bone fracture risk by the World Health Organization
    Frax - A java application to generate Mandelbrot fractals

#39 8 years ago

Back in the early 90's I got a tribal sun tattoo on my back. I was also playing DOOM, and Duke 3D with my friends over the dial up modem (yes, this was before cable modems). Anyway, my buddy was taunting me - saying things like "c'mon sun boy - come get me!" I told him "I'm not a sun boy - I'm the SunKing!" ...and for some reason that name stuck. I was heavy into on-line gaming (first person shooters) from the mid 90's up until around 2004, when my 2nd child was born. I've been using SunKing as my on-line name the whole time.

#40 8 years ago

Back in the "EM years" of working a route, I would always carry some good fuses in my left pocket to go on location to troubleshoot some of the games (never used a schematic back then). At the end of the day, my right pocket would have blown fuses that I would throw away at the shop. My boss would notice me dumping out the bad fuses and one day he started calling me blownfuse. It stuck, everyone at work called me that and I've used it ever since. It reminds me of the good times, the learning process and where I started.

#41 8 years ago

Bought one of these when I was in my twenties, and the mfg was Cobray.. just seemed like a cool name so I used it on all of my online games, etc.

Screen_Shot_2012-07-03_at_9.58.34_AM.png

#42 8 years ago

I literally walk around with my finger in my nose all day to keep my brain from sliding out....

#43 8 years ago

I was a Junior as my dad was the original Jim. Growing up everybody called me JimJim, as to clarify to whom they were referring to. The 66 is the year I was born. Whenever I see somebody and they call me JimJim, I know that they have known me for a long time.

Just a nickname growing up.

#44 8 years ago

Fighting games are my faves, Leona is my favourite character from my favourite franchise "The King Of Fighters"
    Orochi Leona is a state of mind she enters where she goes apesh1t.

Its also the name I use in various videogame tournaments, gamer profiles, other forums etc blah.

#45 8 years ago

way2wyrd

Ive run this name since 84 or so on old BBS systems

way too weird or way too wired depending on what day it is

-Jeff

#46 8 years ago

mojozone
    mojo was my nickname my father gave me.
    Zone stand for one of my first games = 79 willimas tri zone.

#47 8 years ago

Eskaybee: and my initials are, get rdy for this: SKB

#48 8 years ago

Miguel Leão born in 1985. Easy

#49 8 years ago

Mine comes from the song 'Call Me Steam' by Jeremy Enigk of Sunny Day Real Estate. I started using it around 1998. The lyrics always stuck with me, the song is alright.

#50 8 years ago

I was always a fan of shyguy from Mario bros., probably because I was quite shy growing up. I remember one day after school on the swings my friend referred to me as briguy (probably because it rhymed) and I've been using that handle ever since. I added the 5 when I made an Xbox live acct 7 years ago because briguy was taken, and 5 is my favorite number. Now all my friends refer to me as briguy5. My best man even called me briguy5 during his speech. My grandparents were like, wtf?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 244.99
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 700.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Great American Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 14.95
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    $ 119.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 506 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside