Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by NinJaBooT
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Python-Home.JPG
    100_0560.JPG
    EP Playing Elvis Pinball Color.jpg
    wrong_door.gif
    belle.jpg
    images-185.jpg
    neuromancer.jpg
    th-85.jpeg
    20110516-cowboy-steak-5.jpg
    imagesCAL1MNVL.jpg
    DSC00136.JPG
    08012009-191430.jpg
    HELL-ON-WHEELS.jpg
    HARLEY2.jpg
    Black_Widow.jpg
    Jam_B.gif
    There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
    #1 11 years ago

The idea was inspired by the_pinball_family's thread about the meaning of your username. It has made me question allot of the bizarre or unidentifiable avatars.

My avatar is of the Hotel I own. If anyone comes to Asheville PM me for a special Pinsider rate!

On a side note my favorite I have seen has to be the guy that has Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys as his.

#2 11 years ago

I might have to take you up on the discounted rate, it's been too long since I was last in Asheville. I could do some trout fishing while my wife keeps busy shopping.

Anyhow, my favorite avatar is one of Rick Stetta from special when lit making one of his crazy faces, I forget who uses the avatar. My avatar is a red tailed hawk, a breed common in our
    part of the country. One of my favorite authors, Harry Crews, wrote a book called The Hawk is Dying. It is partial inspiration of my avatar.

#3 11 years ago

My avatar is of an open back glass....... They gave it to me (sigh)

#5 11 years ago

Mine is a poor parody of the stock avatar. I want to fly under the radar.

#6 11 years ago

Mine is a pic of my evil nemesis. EXORCISE THE DEMONS! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

#7 11 years ago

Mine is sort of a parody of the old stock avatar.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jake:

I might have to take you up on the discounted rate, it's been too long since I was last in Asheville. I could do some trout fishing while my wife keeps busy shopping.
    Anyhow, my favorite Avatar is one of Rick Stetta from special when lit making one of his crazy faces, I forget who uses the Avatar. My Avatar is a red tailed hawk, a breed common in our
    part of the country. One of my favorite authors, Harry Crews, wrote a book called The Hawk is Dying. It is partial inspiration of my Avatar.

Good story. Come on up man its an easy drive from ATL. 85N to Greenville then a straight shot down 25 and 25 dumps you on Biltmore Ave and my hotel is right there on Biltmore Ave directly across the street from the Biltmore Estate. If you dont hit that shitty ATL traffic it takes 2hrs 35 min from downtown ATL.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Mine is a pic of my evil nemesis. EXORCISE THE DEMONS! WHACK! WHACK! WHACK!

Contacting PETA right now

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pugsley:

Mine is a poor parody of the stock Avatar. I want to fly under the radar.

Would not have noticed that had you not mentioned it, that is classic.

#11 11 years ago

Clean and clear skin

#12 11 years ago

Mine is my Nip It with it's Best Original Pinball Machine ribbon from the 2009 Texas Pinball Festival.

#13 11 years ago

I currently have Santa from Taxi side art up.
    'Cause 'Tis the Season................

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jerel63:

My Avatar is of an open back glass....... They gave it to me (sigh)

Anyone know what pin that is?

#15 11 years ago

I took mine from my front yard back in 2001 with a small telescope and digital camera. There is a much larger version framed in my house.

#16 11 years ago

Mine is the eye of Skully.
    I used to have the full Skully but someone joined up and used it so I changed it.

no_fear1_001.jpgno_fear1_001.jpg

#17 11 years ago

Just a pic of my 69 camaro on the boom forklift...

(The only way it actually moves)

#18 11 years ago

How I feel about this hobby

#19 11 years ago

My first pinball machine Trident.

#20 11 years ago

a commentary on how i feel about the world (based on the name of the game its from)

#21 11 years ago

I'm not comfortable talking about mine.

#22 11 years ago

Mine is pretty self explanatory...and goes with my screenname.
    It is a pic of my Farfalla BG (a butterflygirl) and my screen name is Butterflygirl...so there ya go.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

Mine is pretty self explanatory...and goes with my screenname.
    It is a pic of my Farfalla BG (a butterflygirl) and my screen name is Butterflygirl...so there ya go.

You came up in conversation a few weeks ago butterflygirl. I sold a project HG to a guy in NC(i think) and he said you do some work for him. He said you were "BAD ASS" and the only person who could restore a backglass correctly. Big complement in a small pin world. Do you have a web site?

#25 11 years ago

Gary Bettman as the Grinch.

#26 11 years ago

Vertigo! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.....

#27 11 years ago

Mine reminds me not to take everything so serious, like we did when we were kids. Everything could be fun, even when your an old man.

The story:

My buddy and i went to Sears for free photos and brough with us a postal bag of props etc...the photographer left the room and when she came in I was hog tied with my buddy's foot on my back and an american flag in his hand. She about S**t herself, I yelled "Take the picture" she did and we said we'll be ready for the next one in 5 minutes. We did 8 different shots, got the free pictures and left with great memories...to be 23 on a Wednesday afternoon again. It was great fun.

#28 11 years ago

Backglass from the Twin Win in our family collection. Also, because I'm blonde and blue-eyed, and do wear clothes. (Unlike the x-rated version of this backglass which is so popular on this forum.)

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Barrythick:

Mine reminds me not to take everything so serious, like we did when we were kids. Everything could be fun, even when your an old man.
    The story:
    My buddy and i went to Sears for free photos and brough with us a postal bag of props etc...the photographer left the room and when she came in I was hog tied with my buddy's foot on my back and an american flag in his hand. She about S**t herself, I yelled "Take the picture" she did and we said we'll be ready for the next one in 5 minutes. We did 8 different shots, got the free pictures and left with great memories...to be 23 on a Wednesday afternoon again. It was great fun.

That is hilarious!! Me and 8 friends did this last year...but we paid for it. We were all drunk one night and said it would be funny if we did a "family" photo of all of us who have been friends since junior year or earlier(HS). So we dressed alike(white shirt/jeans) and took some stupid but "safe" shots. The girl had a loooong day and we were her last group for the night. She was rolling the whole time, and then we tipped her $40 bucks. She said it was the funniest thing she ever did..

My avatar just shows how lazy I am...won't even upload a pic.

#30 11 years ago

Mine is of my dog sleeping and "spilling" down the stairs at the same time.

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from tomaszb1:

Gary Bettman as the Grinch.

Dude, that's awesome! I #@$&%ing can't stand Bettman.

Anyways, mine is of course me, standing in front of the "America's Oldest Amusement Park" historical marker (which is Lake Compounce, CT for you trivia fans).

Later,
    EV

#32 11 years ago

mine is hmm… i don't know, i can't remember. maybe i foun this image somewhere in google.. hmmm….

by the way, cool thread!

#33 11 years ago

Mine is an exploded view of an AFM I insalled in my suspended ceiling in the gameroom. It only shows the cabinet but the head is there also. Comes complere with power, coindoor lights and sound from the speaker. Here's a better pic of the whole thing. I've since added the warning text.

Ceiling_058.jpgCeiling_058.jpg

#34 11 years ago

I'm curious what percentage of folks recognize my avatar.

hint: it's not me

First correct answer gets 5x bonus.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

I'm curious what percentage of folks recognize my Avatar.

Come on now. It's Frank Drebin.

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Lt. Drebbin

#37 11 years ago

I'm the cow whisperer....Home of the friendliest and happiest cows this side of India.

#38 11 years ago

Mine is an album cover for a Richard Pryor themed mixtape I made about 5 years ago (I do a lot of DJing, scratching and whatnot). Back in the 70's Richard Pryor put out an album called "That N***rs Crazy". The mixtape/CD was called "That Digger's Crazy" (referring to digging for records) and I used a lot of Richard Pryor samples over beats and stuff. I had been using the animated gif of the "Little Man from Another Place" from Twin Peaks as my avatar on the scratch message boards because he's a cool character and he looks like he's scratching a record in that particular shot. So I photoshopped that shot from the movie onto the Richard Pryor album when I made the mix. My DJ name is "Jam Burglar".

Jam_B.gifJam_B.gif

#39 11 years ago

Mine is a closeup of the candlepins in my game room bowling alley (yes, its a real alley but at 1/2 length...30' from foul line to front pin instead of 60'). It makes it easy for me to scroll through a topic and find what I wrote last (or if I haven't said anything yet)

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Detective Frank Drebin perhaps?

Mine is an original ticket to the Comet rollercoaster at Riverview Park in Chicago. I used to go to Riverview as a kid and distinctly remember riding the Comet. The park was only a few blocks from the Williams headquarters. For obvious nostalgic reasons, my first pin was Comet, which was a tribute to the Riverview ride.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

I was wondering if it was Airplane!

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Which Naked Gun movie is your favorite? Enrico Palazzo, Mariachi band Lead, or Phil Donahue?

#43 11 years ago

I love the movie Army of Darkness and that does just happen to be my boom stick.

#44 11 years ago

My avitar -pic ,,, I rode w/ The Outlaw's in Lexington , NC for a while .. Also , I Love the Clint Eastwood movie's " Any which way you can " and " Every which way but loose " Fhilo Beddoe

The Black Widow Biker Gang , they were Hilarious !!

We Didn't get our Azz's kicked ,, we were Just Cool !!

Black_Widow.jpgBlack_Widow.jpg HARLEY2.jpgHARLEY2.jpg HELL-ON-WHEELS.jpgHELL-ON-WHEELS.jpg

#45 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

"Leiutennant Frank Drebin?"

"Yes. But sometimes I go by my maiden name...."

Classic.

Later,
    EV

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

Yes, I believe you're right. Not Dr. Rumack, who had the lasagna.

-not Shirley

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

The Black Widow Biker Gang , they were Hilarious !!

I love those guys in that movie. They're so desperate to be a badass, it cracks me up every time.

Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

We Didn't get our Azz's kicked ,, we were Just Cool !!

BR, is that a spider from SS on your arm? If not, looks like a good replacement.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Which Naked Gun movie is your favorite? Enrico Palazzo, Mariachi band Lead, or Phil Donahue?

I think I have the Police Squad! TV series on DVD around here somewhere. Only six episodes, but pure comedy gold.

#49 11 years ago

Self portrait.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

Yes, I believe you're right. Not Dr. Rumack, who had the lasagna.
    -not Shirley

Of course I'm right (and don't call me Shirley.)

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-your-avatar-represent/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.