(Topic ID: 223883)

What does this coin door do to resale value?

By sataneatscheese

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sataneatscheese
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

qw (resized).png
Pin 2 a (resized).png
pin 2 b (resized).png
pin 2 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sataneatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I'm looking at buying my first pinball machine this weekend ( WCS 94 ), and there are 2 nearby (the one on the marketplace here and one someplace else). The one someplace else costs about the same and has a slightly nicer looking playfield (to my untrained eye) but has this coin mech on the front. It also has hardware for what I can only assume is the possible installation of a second lock. I plan on keeping this machine for about a year before I sell it and buy a comparable machine (probably a Jurassic Park or a Fish Tales) so I am sensitive to what other people might want. I wanted to know if the front of this significantly detracts from the machine because it is the biggest detractor from what I can see... At a minimum I'd get some new "25 cent" orange things to put on the front. The coin mech appears to be from Europe.

pin 2 (resized).png
#4 3 years ago

Here is the interior... It's a 2 hour drive so I haven't seen it in person. The longer I look at the one for sale on pinside here the less I like it. I may need to just be patient. I put up a want ad.

Pin 2 a (resized).pngpin 2 b (resized).png
#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Too much money and that's only looking at one pic that doesn't show much.
If you could get it down to say $ 2200, you might not lose your shirt when you trade/sell it.
-Mike

He shot me down at $2400... may ask again in a week depending on other advice I get here.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Do you have any more pics? Looks like a reimport. Not necessarily a bad thing but some people steer clear of them.

Interestingly enough, there are 3 of these in my area in arcades an all of them have the same "Euro" coin mechs. I'm guessing they sent a lot of these overseas since soccer is so much more popular there.

#11 3 years ago

Well, I bought the WCS machine at $2700. The front looks to be cleaning up very nicely from my point of view. It has the old German Duetche-Mark mechs, but the yellow on the front was just tape over the coin doors. It looks sooooo much better without it. I also removed the latch for the bolt bar (don't know what to call it but it's directly over the C in "Coin Toss" in the first picture of the thread". I have put a little black paint there for now, but will need to figure out a way to fill it, repaint that little spot and make it look decent. The machine itself plays great but I wouldn't know for sure because my wife and kids are on it all the time.

qw (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sataneatscheese.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside