(Topic ID: 223883)

What does this coin door do to resale value?

By SantaEatsCheese

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

qw (resized).png
Pin 2 a (resized).png
pin 2 b (resized).png
pin 2 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

I'm looking at buying my first pinball machine this weekend ( WCS 94 ), and there are 2 nearby (the one on the marketplace here and one someplace else). The one someplace else costs about the same and has a slightly nicer looking playfield (to my untrained eye) but has this coin mech on the front. It also has hardware for what I can only assume is the possible installation of a second lock. I plan on keeping this machine for about a year before I sell it and buy a comparable machine (probably a Jurassic Park or a Fish Tales) so I am sensitive to what other people might want. I wanted to know if the front of this significantly detracts from the machine because it is the biggest detractor from what I can see... At a minimum I'd get some new "25 cent" orange things to put on the front. The coin mech appears to be from Europe.

pin 2 (resized).pngpin 2 (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

Do you have any more pics? Looks like a reimport. Not necessarily a bad thing but some people steer clear of them.

Also 2700 for a WCS that looks that bad from the front seems high but we'd obviously need more pics. You could get a nicer WCS here for the same money with some patience.

#3 5 years ago

Too much money and that's only looking at one pic that doesn't show much.
If you could get it down to say $ 2200, you might not lose your shirt when you trade/sell it.
-Mike

#4 5 years ago

Here is the interior... It's a 2 hour drive so I haven't seen it in person. The longer I look at the one for sale on pinside here the less I like it. I may need to just be patient. I put up a want ad.

Pin 2 a (resized).pngPin 2 a (resized).pngpin 2 b (resized).pngpin 2 b (resized).png
#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Too much money and that's only looking at one pic that doesn't show much.
If you could get it down to say $ 2200, you might not lose your shirt when you trade/sell it.
-Mike

He shot me down at $2400... may ask again in a week depending on other advice I get here.

#6 5 years ago

Your offer is fair but the baseline for a decent WCS is around 2500 these days so don't expect him to budge.

It's just the pinball world we are living in today.

The playfield pic looks nice and while the front of that cab ain't the pride of the fleet I'd describe it as average for a 24-year old machine.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Do you have any more pics? Looks like a reimport. Not necessarily a bad thing but some people steer clear of them.

Interestingly enough, there are 3 of these in my area in arcades an all of them have the same "Euro" coin mechs. I'm guessing they sent a lot of these overseas since soccer is so much more popular there.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your offer is fair but the baseline for a decent WCS is around 2500 these days so don't expect him to budge.
It's just the pinball world we are living in today.

Decent yes, this is a routed reimport that needs a serious shop job and probably flipper rebuild. Even $2400 is very generous.
Wcs comes up often enough to wait for something nice at that price range.
-Mike

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Decent yes, this is a routed reimport that needs a serious shop job and probably flipper rebuild.

Almost every game I buy these days fits that description. Nobody is cutting me any slack on their asking prices, sadly.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Interestingly enough, there are 3 of these in my area in arcades an all of them have the same "Euro" coin mechs. I'm guessing they sent a lot of these overseas since soccer is so much more popular there.

Yes a lot of games are reimported so it's not a big deal. Condition is what you want to pay for. Not so much the history of the game. I sold a nicer one for $2300. Def be patient. $2400 was a solid offer.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

Decent yes, this is a routed reimport that needs a serious shop job and probably flipper rebuild. Even $2400 is very generous.
Wcs comes up often enough to wait for something nice at that price range.
-Mike

Agreed.

#11 5 years ago

Well, I bought the WCS machine at $2700. The front looks to be cleaning up very nicely from my point of view. It has the old German Duetche-Mark mechs, but the yellow on the front was just tape over the coin doors. It looks sooooo much better without it. I also removed the latch for the bolt bar (don't know what to call it but it's directly over the C in "Coin Toss" in the first picture of the thread". I have put a little black paint there for now, but will need to figure out a way to fill it, repaint that little spot and make it look decent. The machine itself plays great but I wouldn't know for sure because my wife and kids are on it all the time.

qw (resized).pngqw (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, LA
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-this-coin-door-do-to-resale-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.