6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by inhomearcades
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

images_(3).jpg
    OPP.jpg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

opie taylor
    images_(3).jpg

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

What, in your opinion, would be a justifiable thread? Not that I found this one to be particularly interesting, but most forums are just mindless chit chat anyway.

Most are? Really? Most forms develope a way to decide if you should bother to open. This is why FS, FA, WTB, Tech . . . exist.

Most people start as "lurkers" to learn before jumping in. Learning to listen is the first step in learning. But no one seems to bother searching the wealth of information the is already out there.

And then some strange "group think" kicks in and long threads keep going.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Most are? Really?

Yes, look around. This forum wasn't designed to solve world problems. It's just a Pinball forum, after all.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Yes, look around. This forum wasn't designed to solve world problems. It's just a Pinball forum, after all.

Not world problems but many pinball problems. And I have been helping people for many years solve those problems. If you make an effort to solve the problem from previous explinations and people don't heve to repeat the solutions all the better. This is why we develop databases and documentation.

If you are wanting to get confrentational with me please do a search on me. Discover my history of helping. I give everything from information to parts. I just ask that poeple make a bit of effort first and not waste my time.

Chances are you would need me before I would need you.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

If you are wanting to get confrentational with me please do a search on me. Discover my history of helping. I give everything from information to parts. I just ask that poeple make a bit of effort first and not waste my time.

Chances are you would need me before I would need you.

I'm really not being confrontational at all. I get it, I just thought you could lighten up a little. I'm also quite secure in my ability to fix anything, that's what I do for a living. So, no harm, no foul.

#56 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

It means rhat 99% of the questions posted are from people that don't bother to search anymore.
    In the old days we use to say "Google is your friend" as a nice way to say "Dead horse beaten, learn to search"
    Now we get 100+ replies to a thread that should never exist. Sorry you waste my time I waste yours.

Well my friend, I think there are valid reasons to repost what is on people’s minds. I often find that I read new posts from people that may have already been discussed or asked but actually learn something new that I may have never even thought to search for. I learn things through forums all the time by stumbling across threads and reading about others experiences. It is the internet BTW, chances are almost every single thread or topic has been discussed previously. Personally I said to delete this thread after I got a response, instead people wanted to have a little fun with it and for some reason you found it necessary to chime in with an irrelevant, boring and argument provoking response.

In an attempt to save you the time and apparent aggravation from threads that have been previously discussed, I would suggest you read the title and if it sounds familiar move on without reading the thread. Just some friendly advice to keep your blood boiling over due to these torturous repetitive threads.

Let people have a little fun.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Sales
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.00
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 11.95
    $ 269.99
    $ 17.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 189.99
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 32.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside