Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I500_#1.JPG
I500_#2.JPG
i500_3.jpg
i500_2.jpg
i500_1.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I have a line on a very nice I500. I have played it and I really like it. Anybody have a I500 that has stayed in their collection? The turbo lock is really cool as well as the car that spins around....is that a shaker in there? Anybody have any pics with some leds in it?

#2 11 years ago

Played it at PAPA. Suprisingly fun and cool pin with satisfying shots. Get it!

#3 11 years ago

It looks great with LEDs. My friend out a bunch of cointaker pink retro in the GI in the front slings and lane guides and it really brightened up without washing out the plastic colors. I really like the game. It's the last Williams game that I would consider owning as I have all others in interested in. Grab it. If price is good and you tire of it maybe I'll buy it from you when you're done

#4 11 years ago

I500 is a damn fine game. I don't find racing interesting and I have always really enjoyed this game.

I believe one issue people have is there is technically no way to beat it (wizard mode), instead I think it has victory laps.

#5 11 years ago

I found that left ramp tough..............very steep. Three pop bumpers..........but boy the 15 games I played on it didn't spend much time up there. You sure don't see this game very often. I love the commentary and animations.

#6 11 years ago

Yeah it's a funny game with good DMD work and audio.

I would watch out for the targets...I believe they are expensive to repalce or there's something screwy with them? If that's true probably because they are a game specific part...but hopefully an owner can chime in.

#7 11 years ago

I like it. Will post details when I'm not on my phone.

#8 11 years ago

I enjoy it. Fun game.

#9 11 years ago

Great game, the lighted targets are unique to this game and are a little pricey to fix (probably a couple of hundred for all 3), but if you fix them once, they will last a long time in home-use.

Good balanced scoring, fast, and especially fun if you are a racing fan.

Small run of less than 2500, so you do not see them often, especially with non-faded cabinet.

#10 11 years ago

If you pass on it, I'd be interested in it

#11 11 years ago

I found one on route a while ago, and it didn't work well for me... but that is why there are lots of pins - if you like it, go for it!

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

I found that left ramp tough..............very steep. Three pop bumpers..........but boy the 15 games I played on it didn't spend much time up there. You sure don't see this game very often. I love the commentary and animations.

Fun game. I don't like the theme at all, but the gameplay makes up for it. They used to, might still have one on route at Spring Lake Amusement in Spring Lake Park and there is one on route at Raceway to Fun in Newport.

#13 11 years ago

Grab it. I have had one on my wishlist for a long time and still havent come across one. So if you have a chance grab it.

#14 11 years ago

I really enjoy I500 and am sorry I sold mine. It was a nice one too and those are hard to come by. Actually think it holds up very well in a small or medium collection. In a larger collection it is hard to compete for attention.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

If you pass on it, I'd be interested in it

He's looking to trade for custom topper work. It's either I500 or DH.

#16 11 years ago

Spring Lake Amusement (Goony Golf) in Spring Lake Park still has one.
I played it the other day, and loved it.

#17 11 years ago

I found the game very lackluster, which is odd, since I am generally a racing nut. Seemed like a great collection filler, but not something I had to have.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't like the theme at all, but the gameplay makes up for it

Agreed! I500 is very fast with great sounds & commentary & not to mention very well lit.

#19 11 years ago

I Play this pin a lot on my virtual cabinet. Tons of speech and the announcers are very funny.
For 1500 I would buy one.

#20 11 years ago

get I500 then when you don't like it, I'll buy it. Love racing

#21 11 years ago

I500 is a very fun, and often overlooked game. I searched for a nice one for about a year before I finally found one in Texas and had it shipped to me. I should start off by saying that I am not a fan of racing at all. Despite this fact, I find the game to be an absolute blast to play! It's probably my favorite Nordman pin, and I own a WH2O as well.

The modes are quite fun, and they are varied enough to keep the game interesting. There are several different multiballs. I particularly like the main one where you try to lock all three balls in the Turbo for a Super Jackpot. This is not an easy thing to accomplish, and it's very rewarding if you can pull it off. I have my game set quite hard, and it is VERY difficult to complete all the modes. I've only done it once.

The DCS music is awesome, and easily some of Granner's best work. As others have already mentioned, the callouts are very well done, and some of them are quite funny such as "We haven't seen a shot to the Turbo yet, Bobby. I don't think he even knows that upper flipper is there." I also love the 90's artwork and colors.

The lightup targets are very cool, but they do take a beating. Fortunately, all of the parts required to fix them are readily available. In fact, the new repro LCD boards are much nicer than the originals. I rebuilt all three of mine when I first got the game, and they have been working great ever since. The only thing you really have to watch out for is broken or cracked ramps. To my knowledge, these have never been reproduced and are almost impossible to find.

#22 11 years ago

I have a HUO I500 what it worth ?

Jim

#23 11 years ago

I've had my I500 exactly one year today and it's a blast to play and also a game you don't see very often in people's collection. I think it is also a very underrated Nordman game and I enjoy it as much as my WH20 if not more.

I have a very nice example myself with a beautiful cab and playfield. I also recently installed a set of Drano's mirror blades in it a few weeks ago. I thought the machine had a shaker too but it is the spinning indy car on the top right corner. If you hit the ramp many times the machine will walk across the room

i500_1.jpgi500_1.jpg i500_2.jpgi500_2.jpg i500_3.jpgi500_3.jpg

#24 11 years ago

Hmm, I'm pretty good at toppers too ...

But if you do end up doing the trade and don't like the pin, definitely please send me a PM!

#25 11 years ago

Played it once, and it's such an underrated pin.

#26 11 years ago

I have a very nice example myself with a beautiful cab and playfield. I also recently installed a set of Drano's mirror blades in it ...

The mirror blades look sweet! Mine came with checkerboard decals installed, and I think they look great as well ...

I500_#2.JPGI500_#2.JPG I500_#1.JPGI500_#1.JPG

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine came with checkerboard decals installed

Very cool decals!!! Where can someone find decals like that?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Very cool decals!!! Where can someone find decals like that?

gweem, looks great! I think Treasure Cove used to sell those decals

#29 11 years ago

Positives:
1. Fast
2. Fun
3. Good sounds and music (nice CFTBL tribute callout)
4. Good dots
5. Still a good value if you can find one
6. Left ramp shot goes to upper right flipper, which I like (similar to TZ)
7. Multiball light show is awesome

No major toys, but lots of minor ones:
1. The right ramp car rotates and acts as a shaker motor
2. The turbo lock is pretty cool and launches the ball at you very fast
3. The left car blocks the ball for the pit stop multiball
4. Light up targets are cool even if the Super Light Ups mode doesn't do much

Negatives:
1. Lock shot bounce outs
2. I've heard there's no real wizard mode. Still haven't completed all the modes on mine, so can't confirm

#30 11 years ago

I500 hands down.....had DH...fun game but I absolutley love I500....but I am a car guy also....it's on my wishlist...and what I want the most...besides MB

#31 11 years ago

Solid game if it was like 1600 on ebay right now instead of 2250 I would have it home already.

Very fun and I like it the best out of the car themed games.

#32 11 years ago

I've played this a dozen times and I thought it was average.

I find that there are too few satisfying shots. The two ramps and left orbit are the only good shots, and even then the left ramp is extremely steep but thankfully it's quite close. The shots between the two ramps are unsatisfying with just a saucer at the back and standup targets. The upper area beside the pops is simply weird, the ball never quite knows what to do with itself up there.

The upper flipper is only really useful to shoot the lock shot which isn't fun because it's just a VUK. A ramp or loop shot here would have worked wonders for this theme. Most of the time the ball seemed to bounce off posts and targets and ricochet around without feeling very satisfying at all.

I might get hammered for saying so but it feels a little like a Gottlieb :S

The theme and sound are excellent though.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

The upper area beside the pops is simply weird, the ball never quite knows what to do with itself up there.

There's no doubt there. I actually kind of like it for that reason but I can see it as a turn off to some.

#34 11 years ago

I'm positive that as you get to know it you'll have a very enjoyable time with it. I've had trouble getting newbies to have fun with it when I've taken friends on route with me to play pinball.

I'm curious as to how well it performed on route because it's not fun for a newbie flailing around. The ramps are either steep or narrow, orbits are tough shots for newbies, and everything else is a bit of a dead bounce-fest.

#35 11 years ago

My favorite race theme, probably my favorite sport theme (No Fear is EXTREME! sports haha).
I'd certainly enjoy routing one of these in a sports bar.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I have a HUO I500 what it worth ?
Jim

2500 if great pf and decent cabinet. Maybe 2800 if no fading on cabinet. What condition is yours?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
Hardware
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-everybody-think-of-i500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.