(Topic ID: 209679)

What does Ebay charge to sell?

By Ericpinballfan

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider royt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 6 years ago

Take cash in hand only. If not, be prepared to have the money you received removed from your account. This can happen at anytime for any reason the buyer is unhappy. Ebay has created an environment that is very burdensome (and expensive) to sellers and actually enables buyers to commit fraud. I would use Ebay only as a last desperate option. Actually I wouldn't use Ebay.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Yeah, well, if you as a seller, would do due diligence with the shit you are trying to unload, you would not have these problems. If Ebay does not take care of the buyers it is out of business. Plain. Pure. Simple. Period. It takes buyer's money to make the mare go. And crappy sellers hose it up for everybody.
    Before Ebay had these protections for the buyer:
    1) I bought a video card. It was supposed to work. It arrived and is was NFG. No F'n good. I was out $25.00.
    2) I had a friend who bought two pieces of collectable depression glass from two different sellers. Both pieces were chipped. The chips were very small and would not hurt the display of the piece, but the value was destroyed. The seller pretty much told him to F.O. He never went back to Ebay.
    3) After Ebay put the buyer protections on I bought an old 8MM movie projector and movie camera. It was being sold as nice and working. What arrived was a projector with broken drive belts, and a burned out bulb, and camera that had lots of rattles because the guts inside had been shattered. The seller never checked things out before he placed the auction. That one had to go through Ebay arbitration. I got my money back including the shipping.
    4) Recently I bought a discontinued see-thru scanner. It was sold as nice and working. When it arrived, it looked nice but it did not work. If the seller would have checked it out he would have known it did not work. This seller was a nice guy and rather new to selling on Ebay and he wanted good feedback. He refunded my money plus shipping.
    Yeah, I know there are buyers out there who game the system. But there are a lot of crappy sellers who don't advertise their product correctly. Or they over-advertise it to try and squeeze some extra money ( How many of those old pins are really HUO? ). Or what about the seller who does not know how to pack something for shipping? I bought some used car parts several years ago. One of the parts was a piece of chrome trim about 5 feet long. The idiot seller tossed all of the parts in a box. He then wrapped the piece of chrome trim in some light weight cardboard. And then he taped the 5 foot long piece chrome trim to the 18" box of parts !! That piece of chrome trim stuck out from that box like a hard-on on a stallion. When the "package" arrived the piece of trim looked like a boomerang. It was absolutely useless.
    So, before you get to whining about how Ebay makes it difficult for sellers, make sure you put up good pictures in your auctions. Make sure you tell the truth about what you are selling. And for damn sure don't try to make a sow's ear sound like a silk purse.
    Ahh..sorry of I offend you. Maybe you are one of the "good" sellers on Ebay. But realize you are swimming in the same pool with sellers that shade the truth or outright lie about what they are selling. And then you have the honest seller who means well but turns out to be a blooming idiot who could not pack a box of Kleenex for shipping.

If your buying busted up crap on Ebay that's your stupidity. My viewpoint is that of the honest sellers that have been screwed. Doesn't matter how much "due diligence" you do or how honest you are, you will get screwed on Ebay. Go cry about your busted bumpers elsewhere, this doesn't pertain to you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider royt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-does-ebay-charge-to-sell?tu=royt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.