4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by HWYSTR455
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

aWms-4_(resized).JPG
    aWms-3_(resized).jpg
    aWms-2_(resized).jpg
    aWms-Mini-Stepper-1_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 4 years ago

Hi Pahuffman
    on page-10 (ori-9) the ipdb-manual "Dealers Choice" shows such a rare Unit - it is needed when the pin has a 5 cent coin chute - but the operator wants 10 cents for one play.

Confusing - Williams used the word "Alternator" also for a "Switch mounted on a Stepper" - I know it sitting SOMETIMES on the Number-Match-Unit.

My JPG-1 is from a page in a Williams-Catalog: http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=BOOK :
    Z is the bakelite plate where the Number-Match is created. A is "place of the action". So B, C, D etc. - the coil pulls, armature is moved, a tooth hooks in, the axis with a 10-teeth-little-gear is turned one step (F hinders: turning backwards), G/H: a wiper on the printed circuit is stepped.

SOMETIMES there is also mounted: "I" (next to E) another gear with just ONE big tooth --- or there is mounted "J" another gear with 8 teeth -> the "follower-K" is moved upwards -> downwards -> upwards etc. -> the "Alternator-Switch L" is closed -> opened -> closed etc.

My JPG-2 shows such a stepper NOT having the Alternator-Switch. JPG-3 shows the No-Match-Unit in my "Space Mission" (looking at the unit from the other side). In my Unit the "K" rides NOT in the middle of "J" - it sits with a offset BUT it works -> K is moved -> Switchblade L is moved and closes to Switchblade M.

So the "Alternator-Switch L" lets a "Change-Relay" pull-in -> let go -> pull-in etc. And the Change-Relay let here: http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2253&picno=8473 the "Special when lit" move from left to right to left etc.

We should talk about Alternator-UNIT (Coins) and Alternator-SWITCH. Greetings Rolf

aWms-Mini-Stepper-1_(resized).jpg

aWms-2_(resized).jpg

aWms-3_(resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

Hi Pahuffman
    we have a discussion in Your topic. EMsInKC, I can use "mostly" instead of SOMETIMES (post-4) - look here: http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1977-1978/index.html -> page 12: "10 step unit with alternator is Number C-7606", "10 step unit without alternator is Number C-7606-1", page-13: "12 step unit with alternator is Number C-7743", "12 step unit without alternator is Number C-7743-1".
    The Match-Unit may be hosting an Alternator (You should order C-7606 for a replacement) but well can be NOT hosting an alternator (C-7606-1).
    AND: I have never heard of an "Number-Match-Unit" having 12 steps (C-7743, C-7743-1).

The partsmanual page-67 shows the "Wiliams Alternator Unit for Italy", page-69 shows the "Williams Alternator Unit for domestic games with 5 cent coin chute".

In Bat Games used (page-94): "Williams Mix (Alternator) Unit, B-7238"
    In my Space Mission in the cabinet below the backbox, in the left corner: A Unit I do not know what it is for - an "Alternator Unit" ? or a spare part ? (The No-Match-Unit with the Alternator is mounted in the Backbox.) Greetings Rolf

aWms-4_(resized).JPG

1 week later
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 59.99
    Hardware
    Chroma Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 39.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Concealed Art
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 218.00
    $ 130.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Special When Lit
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 209.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Lit Frames
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside