IMG_2578 (resized).JPG
IMG_2577 (resized).JPG
IMG_2576 (resized).JPG
IMG_2575 (resized).JPG
IMG_2573 (resized).JPG
IMG_2572 (resized).JPG
IMG_2571 (resized).JPG
Bally_Wiggler_instruction_cards-page-006 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

I just brought home a Joust and looking for a PDF scan of schematics

the table I brought home has a, 5 ball pricing card "1 play 10 cents , 3 plays 25 cents" and a "1 or 2 can play" instruction card and 3 score cards to fill the window.

my camera just crapped out or I'd snap a quick pic

I have a flatbed scanner not fully sure if I can get 'em to a *.PDF file

I will probably call Steve Young @ PBResource

#6 7 years ago

ohhhhhhhhh link to video ? , now I know I could prolly figger it out I noticed some sort of lifting mechanism under the bottom board

I wonder if it's the same generic manual listed at IPDB for The Wiggler

I can scan score cards I have & any tips would be helpful

#7 7 years ago

I scanned these to *.jpg and did convert these to *.pdf online

I can only seem to upload images for a post , so here's what I used

Bally Joust 1969 coin card 5 ball (resized).jpgBally Joust 1969 coin card 5 ball (resized).jpg
Bally Joust 1969 instruction card with score (resized).jpgBally Joust 1969 instruction card with score (resized).jpg

ok back to cleaning my totalizers

1 week later
#9 7 years ago
Quoted from Brian_G:

I find this quite clever.

wow that saves on the back for sure !!!!

my game won't stay started in service position. It says only to reconnect the "front door plug" while in service position as the other connector won't reach -BUT- there is another slam switch by right front leg. I think may be called the "coin bounce" that's on the "flipper plug"

an extension cable would be nice for that connector but I can jump that with alligator clips.

#12 7 years ago

I was able to get the schematic , score motor chart , 9 page "manual" and I think the hand written note and zipper flipper detail you were talking about from PbR

I just discovered I got 4 blown solenoids under the camshaft

perhaps this aught to be the "Joust club" thread

IMG_1253a (resized).jpgIMG_1253a (resized).jpg

#14 7 years ago

w00t got 'er goin ,

to test mine in service mode, I had to simulate the what I think is the coin bounce switch with an alligator clip jumper

I am considering putting a bell on the match stepper like my The Wiggler has ... was thinking a cowbell

2 weeks later
#17 7 years ago

it's a surprisingly fun table IMO , I got my stuff from PbR as well

I still have a couple things to tinker with, tilt doesn't reset and match doesn't work yet

if you need part #'s here's a good resource: http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1973/index.html

the rubbers for the mushroom bumpers are 7/16" rings (bally part #'s don't match anything for those http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1973/index.html

3 months later
#18 6 years ago

adjustment plug card stapled to side of cabinet

anyone have a high score adjustment chart on backbox cover ?

IMG_1315 (resized).JPGIMG_1315 (resized).JPG

#20 6 years ago

that's where I got the idea it would be on the backbox cover ...

this is one I found for The Wiggler over at http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Bally_Wiggler_instruction_cards-page-005 (resized).jpgBally_Wiggler_instruction_cards-page-005 (resized).jpg

Bally_Wiggler_instruction_cards-page-006 (resized).jpgBally_Wiggler_instruction_cards-page-006 (resized).jpg

5 months later
#25 6 years ago

it's the WORST when you ONLY need to spot the FIVE and the ball drains

*bump* for a high score matrix diagram

#27 6 years ago

ok I see how it works now , the scores go higher on Joust than The Wiggler & Bally Hoo so the left jones rail is the 1,000's & the right is 10,000's

the 40,000 jones plug on mine had long since snapped off so I guess I'll be looking for a solution to fix that.

IMG_1433 (resized).JPGIMG_1433 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

it seems the 1,000 adjustment plug is connected to the next lower digit while the 10,000 adjustment plug is connected to the same digit

I added a wider shot of the schematic:

your green line shows a closed circuit at 55,000 points, when the 1,000 point relay closes, advancing the score to the desired 56,000 it further completes the circuit. ( the high score feature plug determines how it's awarded )

I am not fully sure why the schematic says "11,000+" I speculate saying you want an award at say 40,000 you would have a jumper between the 31,000+ & the 10,000

My head hurts thinking about this stuff, but good exercise your pictorial references do greatly help.

IMG_1434 (resized).JPGIMG_1434 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chas10e.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-docs-exist-for-a-1969-bally-joust?tu=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.