New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80365)

What do you want on your Led Zeppelin pin?

By Nevus

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by limelime20
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FOTEBFD.JPG
    juicy melons.jpg
    zeppelin-reunion.jpg
    images.jpg
    zeptember (1).jpg
    zeptember.jpg
    Led_drawing2.jpg
    Zep-1-Side-1.jpg
    th-325.jpeg
    zeppin.jpg
    thCAYGE0GL.jpg
    Led Zeppelin Airplane.jpg
    LZ sign.jpg
    LedZepplinsongPics.jpg
    Hermit_led_zep_4.jpg
    led-zeppelincollage.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
    #101 6 years ago

Man, I would want this pin so bad. For the translite, just give me a hand drawn (not exaggerated features though) of the band from their The Song Remains the Same film. The cabinet art could just be the the four symbols in white on a black background. The head could be the Swan Song logo.

#102 6 years ago

I want a stairway to heaven moving and interactive toy. That needs to be the Wizard mode too

And it better be a pin of hope!

#103 6 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

A breadfan Is a money shredder.

LMAO!!! Ok cool. That's more like it. BUT, you can understand why I say that. LOL

#104 6 years ago

My first thought! on seeing the band..

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It was a very long concert that included an extended acoustical set, a real long drum solo, a grand piano solo, and they had two new albums to cover as well as the older ones. When I left there, I couldn't think of another song that they should have played. Songs like iIn my Time of Dying, Kashmir, Achilles Last Stand, Since I've Been Loving You. The Rover, Nobody's Fault but Mine were all included along with many other classics. How do I remember this at 15 years old? Would you forget?
    They also added a light and laser show that was fantastic.

WOW!!! Dude, that is BY FAR the GREATEST value EVER for a concert ticket. That's nuts! Wish I could say I was there for that. *sigh*

Congrats that you were. Talk about a great memory.

#106 6 years ago

Led Zep is the GREATEST rock group of all time! There's not even a close second.

PS- I said "Rock Group". The Beatles are hands down the greatest group of all time. The next closest band to them is 10 times the distance from the Sun to Pluto.

#107 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Led Zep is the GREATEST rock group of all time! There's not even a close second

I'd probably vote for Cream or the JH Experience, but a good argument could be made for Led Zep. The biggest knock against them was they broke no new ground (even so they certainly were the best rock band of the 70's). Cream introduced/perfected the free-form improvisational rock power trio and laid the groundwork for all those who came after. Hendrix was revolutionary, earth shattering, and never matched.

#108 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ice9ers:

Megan Fox on the glass please

Quoted from 7Warpig7:

In the outhole?

It's getting warm in here.

#109 6 years ago

Sorry Billy, Cream was a good group. Clapton is legendary. I mean, he's in the Rock n Roll hall of fame 3 different times I believe. Cream, Derek and the Domino's and by himself. But I'd put The Who way ahead of Cream along with several other groups IMHO.

Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever. Even though he said he was not the best and wished he were as good as Phil Keaggey. I know, you've never heard of him. But check him out. Hendrix said Keaggey was the greatest. But Jimi just was so evolutionary. He played a guitar a hundred different ways!

That said, to me, Zep transcends everyone else. They have awesome song after awesome song. They may have taken other song and rearranged them, but they made those songs unbelievable! But hey, when it's all said and done, that's just my opinion. And just like with pinball, we all have different opinions. Even more so when it comes to music though. The great thing is to love what you love, agree to disagree and love, but still be friends.

#110 6 years ago

led zeppelin was and still is the best band to ever roam this planet, I would sell everything so that I could buy one nib, just wish it would happen, cant believe they have not made a zep pin yet

#111 6 years ago
    Quoted from bobbyt:

cant believe they have not made a zep pin yet

Right? Think of all the groups they've made pins for. Nothing for the 2 greatest bands ever. Beatles and Zep. I don't want to see a Beatles pin, but Zep...HEC YEAH!

The only reason I can think of as to why the haven't done one for these 2 groups is because of the licensing fees.

#112 6 years ago

You make good points, Pinfidel, and music appreciation is mostly based on the listener's opinion--lots of great bands out there. I wouldn't put too much money on Phil, as Hendrix was so humble he thought almost everyone was the better guitarist. Two that immediately come to mind are Billy Gibbons and Terry Kath. Very good to great guitarists, but not in his league--nobody is--although some will make an argument for Jeff Beck...

#113 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

You make good points, Pinfidel, and music appreciation is mostly based on the listener's opinion--lots of great bands out there. I wouldn't put too much money on Phil, as Hendrix was so humble he thought almost everyone was the better guitarist. Two that immediately come to mind are Billy Gibbons and Terry Kath. Very good to great guitarists, but not in his league--nobody is--although some will make an argument for Jeff Beck...

Groups aside, we DEFINITELY agree on Jimi. He was simply unbelievable. I mean the guy played the guitar with his teeth, up against a wall of speakers, behind his head and all the other things he did....WOW!!!

#114 6 years ago

...And when the ball goes down the drain, Robert Plant says, "Na, na, na nobodies fault but mine!"

#115 6 years ago

...Then there could be a figure of Robert Plant, like Mick in the Rolling Stones pin, where he goes back and forth. So if you hit him in the nuts he can scream, "Squeeze my lemon!!!"

#116 6 years ago

When you hit the start button and it kicks the ball into the shooter lane, it should be timed with the opening cymbal crash and riff of Kashmir and it plays without the lyrics until you launch. Get pumped.

#117 6 years ago

Stereo?

And semi complete code?

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Sorry Billy, Cream was a good group. Clapton is legendary. I mean, he's in the Rock n Roll hall of fame 3 different times I believe. Cream, Derek and the Domino's and by himself. But I'd put The Who way ahead of Cream along with several other groups IMHO.
    Jimi Hendrix is the greatest guitarist ever. Even though he said he was not the best and wished he were as good as Phil Keaggey. I know, you've never heard of him. But check him out. Hendrix said Keaggey was the greatest. But Jimi just was so evolutionary. He played a guitar a hundred different ways!
    That said, to me, Zep transcends everyone else. They have awesome song after awesome song. They may have taken other song and rearranged them, but they made those songs unbelievable! But hey, when it's all said and done, that's just my opinion. And just like with pinball, we all have different opinions. Even more so when it comes to music though. The great thing is to love what you love, agree to disagree and love, but still be friends.

Hendrix was very flattering toward a lot of guitarists. He also said that Terry Kath of Chicago was better than him as well as "Young" Billy Gibbons.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Led Zep is the GREATEST rock group of all time! There's not even a close second.PS- I said "Rock Group". The Beatles are hands down the greatest group of all time. The next closest band to them is 10 times the distance from the Sun to Pluto.

I disagree. I say one of the most over rated. Yes I know the post will come from others who disagree with me. They only lasted ten years. Don't exist today. I say The Rolling Stones have them at have at least 50 or 40 top hits. For the record I am not against a pin being made from Led Zep or against the band but not number one. Others to be made that still tour and make music.

#120 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I disagree. I say one of the most over rated. Yes I know the post will come from others who disagree with me. They only lasted ten years. Don't exist today

LMAO!!! Only lasted 12 years because they are a "CLASS" act. When their drummer died, they (unlike every other group) disbanded out of respect for him. They said NO ONE can or WILL take his place. Led Zep is still huge today. Played all over the radio. They revolutionized rock and took it to a whole nother level. Nuff said.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

LMAO!!! Only lasted 12 years because they are a "CLASS" act. When their drummer died, they (unlike every other group) disbanded out of respect for him. They said NO ONE can or WILL take his place. Led Zep is still huge today. Played all over the radio. They revolutionized rock and took it to a whole nother level. Nuff said.

So did Black Sabbath.

#122 6 years ago

I second the Mudshark.

England's greatest cover band

#123 6 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Hendrix was very flattering toward a lot of guitarists. He also said that Terry Kath of Chicago was better than him as well as "Young" Billy Gibbons.

Hmm...I thought I had already made this observation--but then again, that's rock and roll!

#124 6 years ago

I disagree. I say one of the most over rated. Yes I know the post will come from others who disagree with me. They only lasted ten years. Don't exist today. I say The Rolling Stones have them at have at least 50 or 40 top hits. For the record I am not against a pin being made from Led Zep or against the band but not number one. Others to be made that still tour and make music.

Since 1968, Led Zeppelin has sold around 400 million albums (some estimates put it way higher, some a bit lower). That's a little more than 17 albums PER MINUTE for the last 45 years (leaving out 2014 because we only have 1 1/2 month in).

Averaging 17 album sales per minute for over 45 years. 17 ALBUMS PER MINUTE FOR OVER 45 YEARS.

In comparison, the Rolling Stones formed 6 years earlier and are still active, yet have sold half as many albums. In 12 years Led Zeppelin created a catalog of music that has sold more than twice what the Rolling Stones have put out in 51 (and counting) years.

Come again.

#125 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

When you hit the start button and it kicks the ball into the shooter lane, it should be timed with the opening cymbal crash and riff of Kashmir and it plays without the lyrics until you launch. Get pumped.

Kashmir should definitely be the BG music (no lyrics) on normal ball 1 play.

#126 6 years ago

So did Black Sabbath.

What do you mean? When Randy Rhodes died, they played on. Zack Wylde.

#127 6 years ago

I want lots of Van Halen on mine.

#128 6 years ago

Whole lotta love - multiball

Good times, bad times - TILT ?

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I want lots of Van Halen on mine.

LMAO!

#130 6 years ago
    Quoted from cro_pinman:

Good times, bad times - TILT ?

Good one! However, that is too awesome a song to only here a quick clip of on a tilt.

Picture this...This new group call Led Zeppelin comes on the scene. You think, cool. You and a friend head out to the record store and buy their first album release. Put it on and crank it up and the first thing you hear is...Duhn Duhn...Duhn Duhn......Duhn Duhn. I mean WOW!!!!!! You gotta be BLOWN away and SUCKED in right there! What a first song on your debut album! You Kiddin' me!!!??? NO ONE is better than Zeppelin! Faghedabouhdit!!!

#131 6 years ago

I like all LZ songs, BUT ...first and second album..... BLOWN me in 70' !!! )

"yesterday" and NOW...too )

#132 6 years ago
    Quoted from cro_pinman:

I like all LZ songs, BUT ...first and second album..... BLOWN me in 70' !!! )
    "yesterday" and NOW...too )

Right!?

+1

#133 6 years ago

How relevant is their music still today??? I just remembered that someone ran a Super Bowl add with Good Times Bad Times as the back round music for the whole commercial.

Anyone remember that and what it was for?

#134 6 years ago

none of you guys have a LZ pin?

zeppin.jpg
    #135 6 years ago

These are the only 7 songs that I can see that are fast enough for a Zep pin. The last song would be stretching it.

Communication Breakdown
    Whole Lotta Love
    Immigrant Song
    Black Dog
    Rock N' Roll
    The Ocean
    The Rover

As much as I would like to see a Zep pin I just don't know how it could work with their slower songs like Stairway, When the Levee Breaks, Kashmir or my favorite song of theirs Achilles Last Stand.

Why did an AC/DC theme pin work? Besides the obvious the tunes are fast Rock and Roll. I can see a Iron Maiden pin working not only because of Eddie artwork and legions of fans but because of the fast pace metal tunes.

#136 6 years ago

Good Times Bad Times.
    Nobody's fault but mine.
    Gallows Pole.
    Moby Dick.
    Bring it on home (middle of the song).
    Fool in the Rain.
    Heartbreaker.
    Living Loving Maid.
    Four Sticks.
    Misty Mountain Hop.
    Bonzo's Montreaux,
    Bron Y Aur Stomp.
    Candy Store Rock.
    Over the Hills and Far Away.
    And Definitely STH.
    Probably a bunch more too. Those are off the top of my head.

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Good one! However, that is too awesome a song to only here a quick clip of on a tilt.
    Picture this...This new group call Led Zeppelin comes on the scene. You think, cool. You and a friend head out to the record store and buy their first album release. Put it on and crank it up and the first thing you hear is...Duhn Duhn...Duhn Duhn......Duhn Duhn. I mean WOW!!!!!! You gotta be BLOWN away and SUCKED in right there! What a first song on your debut album! You Kiddin' me!!!???

I think that is the best/most powerful opening cut on any album I've ever heard. I'd suspect Page had something to do with the order of the songs on the album.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

WOW!!! Dude, that is BY FAR the GREATEST value EVER for a concert ticket.

$10 if I remember correctly.

#139 6 years ago

Here's another obvious one: In attract mode with zero credits, you press start and "No Quarter" plays

#140 6 years ago

Over the Hills and Far Away for the wizard mode, please.

#141 6 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

I think that is the best/most powerful opening cut on any album I've ever heard. I'd suspect Page had something to do with the order of the songs on the album.

He may have. He had already done a bunch of studio work before getting involved with Zep. But I'm not so sure with it being their first album and all. The producers may very well have said, "Hey, were doing it our way." I certainly wouldn't be surprised though if were Page. I hope it was. Just shows more of there collective genius!

#142 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

$10 if I remember correctly.

And worth EVERY penny!

#143 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Good Times Bad Times.
    Nobody's fault but mine.
    Gallows Pole.
    Moby Dick.
    Bring it on home (middle of the song).
    Fool in the Rain.
    Heartbreaker.
    Living Loving Maid.
    Four Sticks.
    Misty Mountain Hop.
    Bonzo's Montreaux,
    Bron Y Aur Stomp.
    Candy Store Rock.
    Over the Hills and Far Away.
    And Definitely STH.

Just to build on that list with a few more suggestions...

The Ocean
    Hey Hey What Can I Do
    Black Dog
    Ramble On
    Trampled Underfoot
    The Song Remains the Same
    Rock and Roll
    Whole Lotta Love
    Immigrant Song
    Communication Breakdown

#144 6 years ago

Hey, I don't know about anyone else, but the last thing I want to have happen when playing a musical group based theme is to get tired of the music. I've said in other threads that I get sick of even listen to the songs on my I-Pod and there's over 2500 songs on that. To keep hearing one groups songs over and over again may get tiring after a while. How do you guys feel and what do you think about that?

So I was thinking and you know what would be a great idea on all these group themed machines? Have 2 different sound modes that you can choose from. One mode would be the full musical and call out theme, while the other mode could be a full sounds theme. The sounds theme could add some cool call outs from the band too. That way it keeps things super interesting and you're guaranteed not to get tired of hearing the songs over and over again.

#145 6 years ago

For those that are calling Zep a rip-off band, they never denied being strongly influenced by Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, etc. They were just one of the first. All rock and roll is stolen one way or another. Just think how many times Led Zeppelin has been borrowed from.

#146 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

These are the only 7 songs that I can see that are fast enough for a Zep pin. The last song would be stretching it.
    Communication Breakdown
    Whole Lotta Love
    Immigrant Song
    Black Dog
    Rock N' Roll
    The Ocean
    The Rover
    As much as I would like to see a Zep pin I just don't know how it could work with their slower songs like Stairway, When the Levee Breaks, Kashmir or my favorite song of theirs Achilles Last Stand.
    Why did an AC/DC theme pin work? Besides the obvious the tunes are fast Rock and Roll. I can see a Iron Maiden pin working not only because of Eddie artwork and legions of fans but because of the fast pace metal tunes.

Listen to LOTR. I have heard the argument about needing fast music for pinball in the past. Its just not true.

#147 6 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Listen to LOTR. I have heard the argument about needing fast music for pinball in the past. Its just not true.

The secret would be contrast... if everything is fast, then nothing is fast.

Start out with Kashmir on one ball play, and you potentially have seven fast tunes for multiball play.

#148 6 years ago

Before Zep there was of course The Yardbirds.

#149 6 years ago
    Quoted from Basil:

none of you guys have a LZ pin?

zeppin.jpg 225 KB

wow, and you have a mirrored backglass made and everything. Who did the backglass?

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

For those that are calling Zep a rip-off band, they never denied being strongly influenced by Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, etc. They were just one of the first. All rock and roll is stolen one way or another. Just think how many times Led Zeppelin has been borrowed from.

They were a total rip off.

Anyone who has the orig vinyl can see that they credited the songs to Page/Plant.

Many lawsuits later, the credits on the CDs now read the actual bluesmen who wrote the songs.

Can't have better evidence than losing court case after court case, can you?

Led Zeppelin:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You: Joan Baez - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (Anne Brendon)
    Dazed and Confused: Jake Holmes - Dazed and Confused
    Black Mountain Side: Bert Jansch - Black Water Side
    How Many More Times: Howlin Wolf - How Many More Years / Albert King - The Hunter/ (riff from Les Fleurs de Lys: Tick Tock)
    Communication Breakdown: Eddie Cochran - Nervous Breakdown
    Your Time Is Gonna Come: Traffic - Dear Mr. Fantasy

Led Zeppelin II:

Whole lotta love: Muddy Waters (Willie Dixon) - You Need Love / Small Faces - You Need Loving
    Lemon Song: Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor / Robert Johnson - Travelling Riverside Blues
    Moby Dick: Bobby Parker - Watch Your Step
    Bring it on Home: Sonny Boy Williamson - Bring it on Back

Led Zeppelin III:

Since I've Been Loving You: Moby Grape - Never
    Hats Off: Bukka White - Shake 'em on Down
    Gallows Pole: Leadbelly

Led Zeppelin IV:

Stairway to Heaven: Spirit - Taurus

Physical Graffiti:

Custard pie: Sleepy John Estes - Drop Down Mama
    In my time of dying: Bob Dylan - In my time of dying (Blind Willie Johnson)

Presence

Nobody’s Fault But Mine: Blind Willie Johnson - Nobody’s Fault But Mine

Hey Hey What Can I Do?: Little Richard - Sunday Girl

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 265.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 63.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Boards
    PinSound
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 145.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 19.95
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 9.50
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside