(Topic ID: 80365)

What do you want on your Led Zeppelin pin?

By Nevus

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 196 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by limelime20
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FOTEBFD.JPG
    juicy melons.jpg
    zeppelin-reunion.jpg
    images.jpg
    zeptember (1).jpg
    zeptember.jpg
    Led_drawing2.jpg
    Zep-1-Side-1.jpg
    th-325.jpeg
    zeppin.jpg
    thCAYGE0GL.jpg
    Led Zeppelin Airplane.jpg
    LZ sign.jpg
    LedZepplinsongPics.jpg
    Hermit_led_zep_4.jpg
    led-zeppelincollage.jpg

There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 5 years ago

I know it's just a theme, but it's an awesome one. We know that J Borg was working on one a few years ago. It's got to be in the Stern pipeline. I don't design pinballs so I leave that part to them. They read this forum, so why not tell them what we like.

I'd like an art package to match some of the original album artwork.

Big choice of songs. Maybe not pre labeled in in the playfield so I could change them if it occurred to me.

When the Levee Breaks multi-ball (yes it would be sub woofer domination)

Since they don't play as old guys, maybe no elderly rocker pictures!

A big ass Les Paul #1 built into the ramp.

image-898.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

I want it to have an LCD screen and for live concerts to be played when you hit shots or multiball. It could have a song from each concert. That would be sweet.

#3 5 years ago

Maybe the bash toy could be a hotel room that you destroy!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Since they don't play as old guys, maybe no elderly rocker pictures!

Very funny!
    th-723.jpeg

#5 5 years ago

Album art, Album art, Album art. They never put anywhere near enough of it on any of the music pins.

#6 5 years ago

A redhead squeezing my lemon till the juice ran down my leg multiball.

#8 5 years ago

Going to California.

#9 5 years ago

Side, cabinet head, and coin door

led-zeppelincollage.jpg Hermit_led_zep_4.jpg LedZepplinsongPics.jpg
    #10 5 years ago
    Quoted from RazerX:

Album art, Album art, Album art. They never put anywhere near enough of it on any of the music pins.

I love my Rolling Stones

#11 5 years ago

Pink Floyd. Really though, if ACDC were Zep, I would likely keep my Zep. If Zep were Floyd my LOTR might leave.

#12 5 years ago

In the shed.

Quoted from mnpinball:

Side, cabinet head, and coin door

I'm sitting under this sign.

LZ sign.jpg

#13 5 years ago

No thank you. I love Zeppelin, but I don't want to see it in an overpriced pin. I don't think it will happen anyway, because Jimmy Page doesn't let song usage out very often if at all.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No thank you. I love Zeppelin, but I don't want to see it in an overpriced pin. I don't think it will happen anyway, because Jimmy Page doesn't let song usage out very often if at all.

Yes he does.

And they went iTunes full library in 2013.

#16 5 years ago

ThisLed Zeppelin Airplane.jpg

#17 5 years ago

I did a 7 foot charcoal drawing of this on someones "mancave" wall 17 years ago.

http://forum-s3.pinside.com/201402/1447219/189509.jpg

#18 5 years ago

In a rare admission from Stern, Borg discussed working on this pin in a recent interview. He said it was a project several years ago that had been tabled. I think it was the Spooky Pinball Christmas Special.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

In a rare admission from Stern, Borg discussed working on this pin in a recent interview. He said it was a project several years ago that had been tabled. I think it was the Spooky Pinball Christmas Special.

It was shelved, in 3-4 months time the world got IJ4 produced instead

#20 5 years ago

So are we talking a ZOSO LE?

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

No thank you. I love Zeppelin, but I don't want to see it in an overpriced pin.

So you'd rather see NO Zeppelin pin? That's pretty shitty and selfish, not thinking of the Zep fans who would love it and would pay for it. They might even invite you over to play it & not charge you 75 cents a pop.

#22 5 years ago

For a Zeppelin pin, I would like to see a decorated ramp shaped to look like a double neck guitar where both necks form ramps that feed back to the player through the other neck (U-shape).
    A third ramp would have a stairway to heaven theme that goes up through the top of the back of the playfield.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

So you'd rather see NO Zeppelin pin? That's pretty shitty and selfish, not thinking of the Zep fans who would love it and would pay for it. They might even invite you over to play it & not charge you 75 cents a pop.

How would you feel if the zeppelin pin came out looking like Rolling stones? careful what you wish for. I'd rather not have one out there, than take a chance of it sucking bad.

#24 5 years ago

Four ramps with the 4 symbols of the ban members. Drum pop bumpers that play "When the levee breaks" intro drums when they're triggered.

I'd use the house from Physical Graffiti in the play field, similar to TAF, but put a mode in each window based on an album, so 9 modes.

Maybe mini-modes like Acoustic Set, Blues, etc. I love stacking and I'd love to see that as well.

#25 5 years ago

The entire Led Zeppelin 2 album as the soundtrack

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How would you feel if the zeppelin pin came out looking like Rolling Stones? careful what you wish for. I'd rather not have one out there, than take a chance of it sucking bad.

Why are you so miserable? Do you only want to see themes that you don't like?

#27 5 years ago

led zepplin would be my grail pin, even if it sucked balls. there just one of those bands that didn't make any bad music.

#28 5 years ago

I would instantly buy either a Led Zeppelin pin or a Pink Floyd pin. Either would be awesome!

I think Stern would have to incorporate a Stairway to Heaven feature somehow. Have a Black Dog on the playfield?

#29 5 years ago

Maybe the backglass can depict the names of those musicians that Zeppelin "borrowed" music and lyrics from?

#30 5 years ago

TAF has a staircase. LZ could have a stairway.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from joegeno:

led zepplin would be my grail pin, even if it sucked balls. there just one of those bands that didn't make any bad music.

Zep is my favorite band.....but Coda (when they went disco) god awful....

#32 5 years ago

I'd like Steve Ritchie's signature on my LE playfield under the clearcoat.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I'd like Steve Ritchie's signature on my LE playfield under the clearcoat.

I would like John Bonham's signature on mine.

#34 5 years ago

I would like to see special guitar, drum and vocal solos for specific goals reached during gameplay.

LCD screen of concert footage would be excellent, but probably more royalties than just the music alone, adding to the overall cost of the pin.

Or, have an LCD screen that has a video mode (controlled by the flippers) as a reward for each completed stairway level with the final level being "Heaven".

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from devils4ever:

I would instantly buy either a Led Zeppelin pin or a Pink Floyd pin. Either would be awesome!
    I think Stern would have to incorporate a Stairway to Heaven feature somehow. Have a Black Dog on the playfield?

I second that! We may need to start another thread for Pink Floyd design ideas:
    welcome to "The Machine"!
    Tear down the Wall
    Pigs, Dogs and Sheep
    Crazy Diamond
    Grimble Grumble (The Gnome)

I think some Floyd music / sound effects would work perfectly - the Money cash register, the Time bells, etc!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from muzikman:

I second that! We may need to start another thread for Pink Floyd design ideas:
    welcome to "The Machine"!
    Tear down the Wall
    Pigs, Dogs and Sheep
    Crazy Diamond
    Grimble Grumble (The Gnome)
    I think some Floyd music / sound effects would work perfectly - the Money cash register, the Time bells, etc!

Roger Waters owns all the rights to the Wall album. It would be a very tough license to work with Roger and David.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

He does not want to be compelled to buy new pins at modern pricing.

#38 5 years ago

I want a good playfield and a good game. I'm an absolute fan of Zep since a loooong time but as usual a good theme doesn't always make a good pin. Imagine Mustang with just a Zeppelin in place of the dumb yellow car above the targets but the same ugly playfield.. errr... no, sorry.....
    Oh also, I want finished or at least <almost> finished code, not a game that seems nice but gets boring after 4 multiballs done like my Monster at the moment...

#39 5 years ago

And no Stairway song inside, would prevent it to be in music shops )

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Zep is my favorite band.....but Coda (when they went disco) god awful....

CODA does not really count in my opinion because it was a group of unused songs they had compiled throughout their recording sessions for other albums.

#41 5 years ago

I'd like it to keep on raining till the levee breaks

#42 5 years ago

After tilting, it should play the line "You know your shook me..."!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

How would you feel if the zeppelin pin came out looking like Rolling Stones? careful what you wish for. I'd rather not have one out there, than take a chance of it sucking bad.

Is that Stern's MO these days? After AC/DC & Metallica - why would Zep look like Stones? Why be so negative and speculate that it would suck when you have nothing to base that on? Maniac.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Actually yes. This mustang pin. Not a second thought. So I don't have to worry about pissing my money away on an overpriced pin. Not that I would buy it if it's over 6k regardless how awesome it is. But i'm out of space anyway and shouldn't be buying anymore games. My want list is already bigger than my gamerooms can hold, so the more games they make that other people like, and I don't. The more they scramble around buying up those games, and selling off stuff I do like.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Is that Stern's MO these days? After AC/DC & Metallica - why would Zep look like Stones? Why be so negative and speculate that it would suck when you have nothing to base that on? Maniac.

not saying it will, i'm saying it's a possibility.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

not saying it will, i'm saying it's a possibility.

Your parents could have said that about you, but they still gave it a go

#47 5 years ago

If they ever made a Led Zep pin I hope it would have Lynyrd Skynyrd artwork and play Skynyrd tunes!!!
    That would be awesome.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Your parents could have said that about you, but they still gave it a go

I said the same thing about my kid. but i'm not taking a chance on number 2 so I got fixed.

Same here. Bought my AC/DC.....now i'm fixed.

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I said the same thing about my kid. but i'm not taking a chance on number 2 so I got fixed.
    Same here. Bought my AC/DC.....now i'm fixed.

Well, there you go...since you don't want to buy new machines anyway - it's strange that you'd have any opinion one way or another on new themes. Let those who want to buy new games get themes they enjoy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 18.95
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 199.99
    $ 69.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Deadpool Premium Out of stock
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Pinball Haus
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 126.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    There are 196 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside