(Topic ID: 204384)

What do you use to protect your pins in transport?

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CEBA73E2-A56E-4998-869D-750033CC6FC5 (resized).jpeg
    0171DCED-E087-4907-A95C-D722364EB218 (resized).jpeg
    D290151D-9711-4BC0-974D-0AC539BFD409 (resized).jpeg
    Leg Off (resized).JPG
    EDE60693-411C-4A6E-B378-C536295FD119 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    20171204_090104 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago

Depends on the game.

Remove balls, and any loose items in cabinet. Put carboard between the head and cabinet, lay down head (or remove head on older games). Use a ratchet strap and strap head to body. Then remove legs, and drop on game's back. If game is already marked up a bit... I don't even wrap it. If legs are powdercoated, I wrap them in a moving blanket so each leg doesn't touch the other.. and secure with shrink wrap. If not, just put in a stack, and wrap in some shrink wrap.

If a game is a pristine example... additionally then I put cardboard pieces where the ratchet strap meets corners. Maybe wrap the head with blankets before laying it down. Wrap the game up and down with shrink wrap to prevent scuffs. If it's a Stern with no real feet on the back, I also ensure I don't drag the game's back on rough or uneven surfaces (I make a cardboard tray to sit the game in).

I don't like wrapping the game in blankets because unless you go full mummy mode... it usually makes the game harder to carry/grasp securely.

So stock up
    - wide roll of shrink wrap
    - handful of ratchet straps
    - cardboard square about the size of the head
    - cardboard squares to use as corners
    - Tools to break game down or not
    - Blankets optional

Honestly you don't have to worry much about games getting damaged in transit except for other things hitting them. They don't take much to secure in place. The damage will come when handling the game... moving through doors, carrying, pulling off the cart, dragging on the ground, etc. The wrapping with shrink is to help keep you from scuffing it by letting things fall on it, rub against, or hit while moving past things.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-use-to-protect-your-pins-in-transport?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.