Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by hisnice
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

306818 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_2321 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

I remember several years ago that someone was selling some media that you put in a tumbler and it made pinball look mirrorized and extra shiny/smooth. But I can't remember the name and find it (if it still exists).

So, what do you use?

And I need to buy various rubbers, so where's the best place to stock up?

Thanks!

#2 7 years ago

White Diamond polish:

http://www.whitediamondamerica.com/

You can buy it at most auto parts stores in the polish/wax section.

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from hisnice:

And I need to buy various rubbers, so where's the best place to stock up?

Titan

#4 7 years ago

I don't polish pinballs. Especially if they're used ones. Used balls will simply wear down a playfield. And if you tumble them, they will not come out perfectly round.

Wipe off the oil, put a little wax on them, and you're ready to go.

A lot of folks like the balls from pinballlife.com (when they are in stock).

#5 7 years ago

Buy rubbers and pinballs from Terry at PBL. When the pinballs get scratched and dirty, I put them in my gum dispenser.

IMG_2321 (resized).JPGIMG_2321 (resized).JPG

#6 7 years ago

I polish by placing an order to Terry for new ones

#7 7 years ago

A cotton buffing wheel on a motorized grinder, Flitz (if you don't have Diamond), a good strong set of leather gloves with rubber grip, and ten minutes available per ball. Balls will come out quite shiny, unless heavily scratched initially.

Skip the tumbler, if you want a controlled finish in a much shorter time.

The only further requirement is personal boredom.

$0.75 a good ball (bought in bulk) is generally worth the cost.

#8 7 years ago

Mine get polished when I throw them in the garbage.

#9 7 years ago

If the ball I'm using isn't scratched up, l simply apply a little wax and play, otherwise replace.

#10 7 years ago

I use Autosol chrome/metal polish. I have set up my drill as a polisher (clamped on its side) with a cylinder polishing buff you can buy at any auto store. It takes me a couple of minutes to get an old ball to look like brand new.
    When polishing I let the ball rotate slightly between my fingers to get an even finish.

306818 (resized).jpeg306818 (resized).jpeg

#11 7 years ago

Thanks everyone! But just out of curiosity, does anyone remember the balls/media that I'm talking about?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-use-to-polish-pinballs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.