(Topic ID: 5176)

What do you use to hold mods in place like figures on your pinball machines?

By tk375

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3M_mounting_tape.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

I am just looking for suggestions, I have Spiderman and I have some figures I would like to put, and I know The Dude Abides uses Quakehold! 88111 Museum Putty for his figures, but do you guys have any other suggestions?

thanks in advance!

#2 12 years ago

I used double sided tape 3m

#3 12 years ago

Depends on the mod and location but zip ties and dble sided tape are good.

#4 12 years ago

Thinking about adding some figures to one of my pins as well. I know this has been mentioned in another thread, but it would be fantastic if Pinside had a section under each game to show off mods!

#5 12 years ago

Just do what Stern does with most of their newer pins use "Zip Ties"

#6 12 years ago

I've begun to use some of the tapes they advertise for hanging stuff ... you know the ads where it peels off easy with a tug but holds good.

#7 12 years ago

I used double sided tape 3m ...

I think this is the best way to go. They make a clear tape that is quite strong. It's perfect for this type of application.

3M_mounting_tape.jpg3M_mounting_tape.jpg

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

I think this is the best way to go. They make a clear tape that is quite strong. It's perfect for this type of application.

Thanks for the tip guys, I will check it out, I was also looking at the Quakehold Gel, anyone tried that before?

#9 12 years ago

what do you guys think of Uglu?

#10 12 years ago

If your damage your mod piece or change your mind you want something you can get off without damage .. don't glue it imho. Use something that can be removed even if you need a little alcohol and elbow grease to take it back off. All the suggestions are great about tapes and ties.

#11 12 years ago

EXCELLENT QUESTION!

I bought alot of miniature Star Trek ships from amazon.com and have been putting off installing them
    in my pin.

I was thinking about using zip ties, I have small white ones, just been wondering how well I can conceal
    them, which is going to be impossible, and still have them look good at the same time. Guess I'm
    going to have to take the plunge and just do it and find out.

There was a pinsider, Fretlord, who had a ST pin exactly like mine for sale on Ebay during the timeframe
    I was looking to buy mine. He had two versions of the Enterprise, ship mods, that he installed on his.

I sent him an email through ebay and asked him where he got his ships. He responded and I found the
    exact ships, once again on amazon. Bought them, and they are snap together, and have ship decals
    that have to be soaked in water, then applied. Those decals are a pain to deal with. Like the old school models
    from the 70's style decals. The other sets of ships I bought were made by Micro Machines, no decals required.

Long story short... I gotta get those ships installed and see how they look.

#12 12 years ago

Museum putty is another option. zip ties will certainly work but not a "clean looking" option IMO.

#13 12 years ago

U-Glu works great and it is what I used to mount figures on my LOTR LE, TSPP, and IM. It holds very well but is still easy to remove with no trace of residue whatsoever.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-use-to-hold-mods-in-place-like-figures-on-your-pinball-machines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.