(Topic ID: 126896)

What do you think the odds are of a Monster Bash remake?

By GoBlue

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
BEERClock.JPG
JmmyGreek.jpeg
Magic 8 Ball.PNG

There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True! It also supports color DMD. And you won't have to start a thread about all the patchups it needs to make it work!

And coin mechs!

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Teekee I wish you would tell us how you really feel about remakes.

I would but a guy like you would ban me!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

AFM doesn't have the BOM to justify 8k. It is a good game, but as has been said many times if they ask 8k many collectors will cry foul.

I'd be pretty curious to see the difference. Does anyone have access to WMS BOM's they could post? I'm just really interested in seeing the difference (originally) between AFM and MM.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

And coin mechs!

I would but a guy like you would ban me!

Deservably so since you seem to have trouble letting others state their views on this without your constant interjection.

My take is buy the pins you want now don't worry about what pins will or won't be remade. That's a waste of time IMO. If a pin gets remade and you want it get it at that time. I do think MB will get remade and probably AFM as well but I think they will be at the same $8K price range.

#54 4 years ago

Deservably so since you seem to have trouble letting others state their views on this without your constant interjection.

Just trying to help… some of these guys need serious guidance!

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just trying to help… some of these guys need serious guidance!

Just joking around with you man no offense intended here.

#56 4 years ago

Just joking around with you man no offense intended here.

None taken… most of the time I'm just joking around as well but some take this way too seriously… and I can't help myself!

Happy Friday to all!! Nearly 90 degrees here in Ohio… almost beer thirty!

BEERClock.JPG

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

AFM remake at $8000? If so that will be one rare remake! Might sell 200 if lucky.

There have been some decent AFM for under $6000. I agree... it doesn't make sense to offer a remake at $7000+. Even the AFM in the 6500 price range take a long time to sell from what I have seen lately.

#59 4 years ago

This is the double edged sword for remakes. Values on original machines dropped because of the anticipation of remakes. Now it's questionable whether the remakes are worth $8k+ when nice originals can be had for less than that. I don't personally expect future remakes to come out at a lower price. If nothing else, they may even go up. I have some friends that dissagree with me, but I just can't see more than a few hundred people jumping at the chance to own AFMr for $8k+. If you have $8k in your hand and want AFM, just go buy one already.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I just can't see more than a few hundred people jumping at the chance to own AFMr for $8k+. If you have $8k in your hand and want AFM, just go buy one already.

I agree and I think most on this thread do as well. Which is why I can't understand this argument:

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't personally expect future remakes to come out at a lower price. If nothing else, they may even go up.

Rick is not a fool -- if it's clear to everyone else that MM was unique and that other remakes won't sell well at $8k, don't you think he'll at least seriously consider dropping the price? Of course PPS/CGC have to cover their costs, but those should be less for the second game since they presumably paid for long-term up-front costs (and expensive first-time mistakes) with MMr money.

All speculation, of course, but I'd be a little surprised if they don't bring the next game in under $8k.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

This is the double edged sword for remakes. Values on original machines dropped because of the anticipation of remakes. Now it's questionable whether the remakes are worth $8k+ when nice originals can be had for less than that. I don't personally expect future remakes to come out at a lower price. If nothing else, they may even go up. I have some friends that dissagree with me, but I just can't see more than a few hundred people jumping at the chance to own AFMr for $8k+. If you have $8k in your hand and want AFM, just go buy one already.

hmmm. if you don't think people will but them at $8k, then why do you think the price will go up?

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rick is not a fool -- if it's clear to everyone else that MM was unique and that other remakes won't sell well at $8k, don't you think he'll at least seriously consider dropping the price?

Rick is stubborn and doesn't listen to anyone but himself.

However, if this is really a CGC game, Doug sets the price - not Rick.

#63 4 years ago

Rather get a BBB and a Kingpin remake!Cant wait for them

#64 4 years ago

If the two main parameters are that it's an unlicensed game and it is currently selling for more than 8K, then it stands to reason that Cactus Canyon would be next.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If the two main parameters are that it's an unlicensed game and it is currently selling for more than 8K, then it stands to reason that Cactus Canyon would be next.

Fair call, which is a shame because it's more rare than great.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Fair call, which is a shame because it's more rare than great.

You're probably right on that one. Although I have to say that I have had a couple of chances to play it now (At Clay's and at Dayhuff's) and I really enjoyed the silly, western theme. I didn't think that I would, but I did. The game also utilizes one of my favorite features in any pinball game and one that I think is definitely underutilized in general. And that is the stand alone drops in random places on the playfield. I like shooting at them against a timer. It's fun.

#67 4 years ago

i 100% guarantee this game is being remade.

100% baby !

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

You're probably right on that one. Although I have to say that I have had a couple of chances to play it now (At Clay's and at Dayhuff's) and I really enjoyed the silly, western theme. I didn't think that I would, but I did. The game also utilizes one of my favorite features in any pinball game and one that I think is definitely underutilized in general. And that is the stand alone drops in random places on the playfield. I like shooting at them against a timer. It's fun.

Agree on all points...and the new software I guess is better? (I didn't notice a diff'rence but I'm no expert". I like the theme, look, and all that jazz....just not a great player IMO but maybe that coud change if i owned it....but it's too much to own

#69 4 years ago

Just my guess. AFM...and under $8k...

#70 4 years ago

doubt it. mm and afm arent licensed themes, MB is and its not easy to acquire. universal makes enough money as it is.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

MB is and its not easy to acquire. universal makes enough money as it is.

I talked to Gene when he reacquired the the license 3-4 years ago. From what I gathered from him, it was not as cost prohibitive as people make it out to be.

Plus every other part has been remade already, so I wouldn't think that would be a barrier.

#72 4 years ago

the cost of the project is more needing universal and other licensing rights....for MB.
more red tape, more costs, more fees, more kickbacks.

#73 4 years ago

Kingpin remake anybody know if this will ever happen ?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from jimjim66:

I talked to Gene when he reacquired the the license 3-4 years ago. From what I gathered from him, it was not as cost prohibitive as people make it out to be.
Plus every other part has been remade already, so I wouldn't think that would be a barrier.

One problem right there

Gene never paid the license fees and upset universal with those nude creature playfields that were not approved.

Universal are easy to deal with, so I see no problem there....

#75 4 years ago

MB would be tempting to Coin ops around; this game was their best earner for decades.

But not at $8k. Especially with the current exchange rate.

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

MB would be tempting to Coin ops around; this game was their best earner for decades.
But not at $8k. Especially with the current exchange rate.

You pay 8k now for stern?

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

You pay 8k now for stern?

Not yet. Ops buy Stern pros and do not pay sales tax (20%). Even with shipping they buy them for less than $5k.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Rather get a BBB and a Kingpin remake!Cant wait for them

Not sure what the hype on BBB is. I don't think the game play is great at all. I think it's only popular because its rare.

#79 4 years ago

A Kingpin remake would definitely be cool. That would be quite the accomplishment that Rick could call his own instead of copying what others have already done.

Although hard to turn down the easy cash from gullible Pinsiders… SEND MONEY NOW!

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Not sure what the hype on BBB is. I don't think the game play is great at all. I think it's only popular because its rare.

For the art package, its enough for me.IMO the game look fun

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

if it's clear to everyone else that MM was unique and that other remakes won't sell well at $8k, don't you think he'll at least seriously consider dropping the price?

Quoted from pezpunk:

if you don't think people will but them at $8k, then why do you think the price will go up?

I don't honestly believe that PPS pricing is swayed by what *I* think, or even necessarily by pinside chatter. There could be a price drop, but it would be a first in modern pinball. Most machines have gone up in price as manufacturers realize how hard and costly it is to make these games (WOZ, TH, TBL, etc.) Also, as jfh said, I'm not so sure Rick is solely behind the pricing decisions.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rick is not a fool -- if it's clear to everyone else that MM was unique and that other remakes won't sell well at $8k, don't you think he'll at least seriously consider dropping the price?

I dont think its AT ALL clear that people dont have an appetite for other games at $8K.

Why?

People are flocking to pay $8K (or more) for a "limited" (lol-1500 run) pinball machine that they have to pay for several years before delivery...

People are paying nearly that much for a WWE LE.... A WRESTING PIN for chrissakes!!?!?!

I see little to no evidence of any self control when it comes to the way many pinheads spend their money.... why expect it to be any different for the next one?

#83 4 years ago

I think the answer is close to 99%. I give a 1% variable in case the legendary Pinball Bubble ever actually pops.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

or even necessarily by pinside chatter.

not in the least ... lol ... we already did a comprehensive market study and got input from those we needed a while ago (which by the way supported what we already assumed).

rick

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

not in the least ... lol ... we already did a comprehensive market study and got input from those we needed a while ago (which by the way supported what we already assumed).
rick

Please tell us you spoke to more folks than just Teekee

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Please tell us you spoke to more folks than just Teekee

no, I spoke to the relevent people ... lol

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

image.jpg

#88 4 years ago

He'll tell you what ever you want to hear… LOL!

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Why post this if you aren't going to share the study? This seems you don't give a damn about the Pinside market.

(Are these people you surveyed the same ones that said nobody was going to care if you dropped coin mechs from MMR?)

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

None taken… most of the time I'm just joking around as well but some take this way too seriously… and I can't help myself!
Happy Friday to all!! Nearly 90 degrees here in Ohio… almost beer thirty!
BEERClock.JPG

I have always taken your posts as entertaining and a lot of them make a lot of sense as well. I never understood how so many people can get so riled up.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why post this if you aren't going to share the study?

What are you even talking about? Why would PPS share the results of a market study they paid for? That makes zero sense.

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why post this if you aren't going to share the study?

I'm sure they will share the results....

We'll see the "results" by way of the next title released

However, if you want a free "market study" - why not just create a poll here? Unfortunately it will be as valuable as it "cost " - but may provide some interesting conversation...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blackwood, NJ
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside