(Topic ID: 126896)

What do you think the odds are of a Monster Bash remake?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 92 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by lowepg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
BEERClock.JPG
JmmyGreek.jpeg
Magic 8 Ball.PNG
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

I think this is the pin I would like to be remade the most (although I think TZ would be great too). What are the odds that it will be remade? I have heard a lot of chatter about AFM being remade, is that pretty much guaranteed at this point?

#2 8 years ago

Very high would be my guess. License isn't a problem, sells for a very high dollar on the aftermarket, seems like a no brainer.

#3 8 years ago

Rick hinted that there are ten games in some stage of development. hard to imagine it's not one of them.

#4 8 years ago

I would say very very likely.

#5 8 years ago

I agree. Highly likely. I just don't think it's going to happen any time soon. I don't think it's the next most likely remake so it's probably at least a few years out minimum.

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

I agree. Highly likely. I just don't think it's going to happen any time soon. I don't think it's the next most likely remake so it's probably at least a few years out minimum.

What do you think will be the next remake then?

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

A few years to save up money, huh? I'm on it.

#8 8 years ago

I agree, likelihood is on the high side. There has not been too many on the market though, is now not the time to sell then?

#9 8 years ago

I have to think next remake is AFM... and then MB. At least to me those are the two most sought after expensive WMS games that don't use a license... but maybe I missed something.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from GoBlue:

What are the odds that it will be remade?

Magic 8 Ball.PNGMagic 8 Ball.PNG

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from monsterbaldy:

I have to think next remake is AFM... and then MB. At least to me those are the two most sought after expensive WMS games that don't use a license... but maybe I missed something.

MB uses a license for the Universal Monsters.

#12 8 years ago

50/50?

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from paulywalnuts23:

What do you think will be the next remake then?

AFM seems the most likely to me (agree with monsterbaldy above). Very high demand and considering it requires no licensing it's a no-brainer IMO. Between creating the prototype and actually manufacturing the game I'd bet that takes up to the next 2 years. Then another year out (minimum) before MB could be ready to ship. And that's IF another title isn't deemed potentially more lucrative before MB. But it will likely happen eventually.

#14 8 years ago

I've heard a lot of people say TAF is in queue, that just seems a little bizarre to me given the amount that are out there. It was a popular title though...

#15 8 years ago

I also agree that AFM is next. No license + low BOM = no brainer.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

I've heard a lot of people say TAF is in queue, that just seems a little bizarre to me given the amount that are out there. It was a popular title though...

I'd rather see TAF over MB and AFM as I think it's a better game and there are fewer restored/primo examples. I know people always cite that there are so many TAF's out there and prices are reasonable but most examples are pretty rough and have mansion wear. If they remade TAF and kept the price at $6K or less I think there would be a ton of interest!

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Director:

If they could get the price lower than 8k (doubtful), they would probably sell. I know I would like one, but they are hard to find for a decent price where they are not beat to death. But like MM, they are also still out on route earning.

#18 8 years ago

Anyone remember how hard it was for the pinball arcade to get the rights to TAF? Rumor was it was difficult dealing with the estate of Raul Julia (who had it in his will that his likeness never be used after his death). That hurdle is obviously not insurmountable, but I do wonder if issues could arise here as well.

#19 8 years ago

I expect them to go thru the non-licensed games before moving to licensed. You have AFM, ToM, CV, TOTAN (go Popadiuk!) and others that demand high prices on the market and don't have a license attached.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from BangBackula:

Anyone remember how hard it was for the pinball arcade to get the rights to TAF?

And their version has a redrawn Fester between the flippers too.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from PinBallMagician:

I expect them to go thru the non-licensed games before moving to licensed. You have AFM, ToM, CV, TOTAN (go Popadiuk!) and others that demand high prices on the market and don't have a license attached.

Why? The license isn't a big deal. Rick has stated this publicly already. He already has it on at least some level, that's how he's able to get parts made for the games. It's just a cost you factor into the BOM. It's already been through approvals, it's just cutting a check at this stage for the most part I'd imagine.

#22 8 years ago

I agree that AFM makes the most sense as the next game. No license and a much more "Basic" game. MB has a lot of licenses and a lot of custom parts (like MM). And there's CC as well....

#23 8 years ago

I would have to say Attack from MARS as well. You need to think like PPS. What do you think will sell at 8000? and do you think they will sell a 1000 or more of these units. TOTAN probably not, CV I wouldn't buy, TOM maybe? BUT Attack from mars is very desirable. Just as desirable as Monster bash or even BBB Big Bang Bar. He bought the property and parts for it.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I would have to say Attack from Mars as well. You need to think like PPS. What do you think will sell at 8000?

AFM remake at $8000? If so that will be one rare remake! Might sell 200 if lucky.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

What do you think will sell at 8000?

Nothing. MMr was the only one that will move in any kind of volume at that price.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

AFM remake at $8000? If so that will be one rare remake! Might sell 200 if lucky.

It'll never happen anyway. One and done, right?

#27 8 years ago

AFM doesn't have the BOM to justify 8k. It is a good game, but as has been said many times if they ask 8k many collectors will cry foul.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nothing. MMr was the only one that will move in any kind of volume at that price.

Totally agree. MM was selling at 12k plus so they priced the remake accordingly. Remakes should be cheaper since all of the r&d is done for the most part. $6,500 - $7,000 should the the target for all remakes. Maybe even a tad less.

#29 8 years ago

They will do MB before they do AFM. MB currently sells for more so they will have a higher price on the remake than an AFM remake. Either $8500 again or possibly $8K. Then will have to lower the price a little again to sell enough AFM either $7500 or 8K. But then again maybe not on the lower prices. PPS has been running through the parts manufacturer's and upping their license fees across the board on stupid stuff like arrow shaped Bally playfield inserts and flipper bats with "W"'s on them.

That being said they might still try to get out BBB as fast as they can to cash in while the prices are still high.

The Universal license PPS already has. Universal is very protective of it, but it's still the easiest license in the world to get. Their is tons of crap out there with the Universal Monsters on it.

#30 8 years ago

Odds of it getting remade? High.

Odds of it getting remade next? Low.

Although there may be some concern with the UM license, I'm sure PPS will get it if they haven't already. It's a pretty easy license to get - no TAF-like issues with individual estates.

Of the remakes rumored, the MB BOM cost has got to be one of the highest, but it isn't going to command any more purchase dollars than AFM would, so making AFMr first makes far more sense at this point.

However, I think Big Bang Bar is the title that would be the most exciting for remake 2. I'll bet that would sell more than AFM or MB. And I suspect that would be the only title left that would have people willing to spend $8K on.

#31 8 years ago

Rather have just aboot all the titles discussed before BBB.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

The Universal license PPS already has.

Pretty sure Rick said at one point it was only for replacement parts, not an entire game.

But you are correct that the license is very easy to get, so I expect it's just a formality.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rather have just aboot all the titles discussed before BBB.

I'm sure many agree, but no one is going to be lining up for AFMr or MBr at $8k. BBB (or CC)? Maybe.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm sure many agree, but no one is going to be lining up for AFMr or MBr at $8k. BBB (or CC)? Maybe.

True that...then in 2 years when they "lesser" tittles come out pin rates will have increased and they can all sell for that much

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It'll never happen anyway. One and done, right?

If remakes stay at $8000, absolutely! ONE AND DONE!

#36 8 years ago

I sold my Monster bash last year. I miss it dearly and if this would be one of the next pins to be remade I'm 100% in. When I read the title of the thread I thought that there's no way an MB remake can possibly be made due to the whole licensing bs, but after going through this it's nice to know that the license isn't as hard to get as I thought it would. That's pretty damn sweet if you ask me

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from nintendo:

I sold my Monster Bash last year. I miss it dearly and if this would be one of the next pins to be remade I'm 100% in.

If you miss it so much why not just buy an original? Plenty of nice originals out there...

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If remakes stay at $8000, absolutely! ONE AND DONE!

No, they won't stay at $8.5K. I can almost guarantee that BBB will be even more.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

If you miss it so much why not just buy an original? Plenty of nice originals out there...

True, but if there is a remake in the works it's most likely going to be cheaper than buying an original one. Especially in Canada, jeezz, a hard bargain up here lol. I will never find an MB up here for what I sold it at which is a big turn off. It's important to keep those few gems you have in your collection!

#40 8 years ago

If I remember right, pps said there will be more remakes. Makes sense they would do the popular games that sell for a lot of money. Still, I don't know how many new machines you can sell if priced well over original game. It would be nice having brand new parts, led support, color display, better sound, etc. I can do without MB but AFM would be very tempting if price was lower than MM.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If I remember right, pps said there will be more remakes.

9 more at last count

#42 8 years ago

Odds on another remake? Even I'm not taking that bet.
JmmyGreek.jpegJmmyGreek.jpeg

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Odds on another remake? Even I'm not taking that bet.
JmmyGreek.jpeg

I think there could be another remake but it doesn't mean it will be a success… could fail miserably which is what I would be hoping for.

We seen what happened 24 hours after Kiss was released… flood of for sale postings. More than I can remember in such a short period of time. Just wait until 2 or 3 good titles get released in a short period of time!

This hobby has no room for continued remakes.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

We seen what happened 24 hours after Kiss was released… flood of for sale postings.

My perspective on this was a little different. I found myself in a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My perspective on this was a little different. I found myself in a fit of uncontrollable laughter.

This hobby just can't control itself! Most just don't know it… that's why I'm here!

#46 8 years ago

Guessing next year for AFM then MB after that.

#47 8 years ago

I cringed opening this tread...

I've been hesitating to buy a MB for a year trying to anticipate MBr.

I finally decided - F¥%^- it! Why lose another year (or 3) of NOT enjoying a game I really want. So I bought a super nice MB.

Could I have saved thousands of dollars waiting? Probably. But I could wait forever too.

Now, I'm trying to rationalize this a bit and WANT to believe the spectre of a remake has already depressed the MB price a bit, but I decided I was sick of being driven by what might come.

So, my ego would prefer CCCr and AFMr first while I digest my MB investment, but I'm past stressing on it...

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I cringed opening this tread...
I've been hesitating to buy a MB for a year trying to anticipate MBr.
I finally decided - F¥%^- it! Why lose another year (or 3) of NOT enjoying a game I really want. So I bought a super nice MB.
Could I have saved thousands of dollars waiting? Probably. But I could wait forever too.
Now, I'm trying to rationalize this a bit and WANT to believe the spectre of a remake has already depressed the MB price a bit, but I decided I was sick of being driven by what might come.
So, my ego would prefer CCCr and AFMr first while I digest my MB investment, but I'm past stressing on it...

You have the original! There's nothing to worry about… remake owners are the only ones that need to worry if value means anything.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

You have the original! There's nothing to worry about…

True! It also supports color DMD. And you won't have to start a thread about all the patchups it needs to make it work!

#50 8 years ago

Teekee I wish you would tell us how you really feel about remakes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 75.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 299.99
Cabinet - Other
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 92 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-the-odds-are-of-a-monster-bash-remake/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.