(Topic ID: 195107)

What Do you Think of Star Wars Premium / LE now?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars Premium / LE.”

• Love it? 23 votes
      26%
    • Hate it? 17 votes
      19%
    • Undecided ? 23 votes
      26%
    • Who cares? 26 votes
      29%

(89 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 6 years ago

At Cal Extreme seminar Steve R sat up there for 90 min as we saw slide show of factory. He talked about cycles and testing of Prem/LE and commented how different a game than the pro was. Even eluding that it was a very different harder game.
    Anxious to play one here in about 4 weeks.
    Once this pin gets out in the wild pinside will have many more threads on this topic.

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that SR talk available online?

God i hope not. Pinside would tear it apart.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think what is clear is how the Stern designers go about the Pro/LE models differently.
    Pretty sure Steve has gone on the record that he dsigns the full featured LE model and then strips back BOM on the pro in order to maintain the feature he wants for the LE.
    Other designers have said they go about it the opposite and design the pro and then figure out what to add for the LE.
    To me is seems that the later model ends up with the better value in both games.

Thats exactly what he said.
    Designs the LE and works backwards.
    He also commented that his code team has nothing to do with the other machines stern has released in past 3 years.
    His group kinda works on there own.
    He also stated he tells Gary to "go away" a lot!
    If Gary doesnt like it. Fire him.
    He wanted an auto launch button for Star Wars, it was the one design aspect that Gary insisted on. He gave in and made it a plunger.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

Did richie talk about the mechanical design failure on GoT-LE that he designed on the left orbit and it never worked or ever fixed? Did he talk about the ST-LE pop bumper screw in playfield fix for his pop design fail. How about the unused canon modes on acdc? BTW I bought all these NIB and I'm done with richie games after seeing SW.

Hes working on it. Ill let him know.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ericpinballfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-of-star-wars-premium-le-now?tu=ericpinballfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.