(Topic ID: 195107)

What Do you Think of Star Wars Premium / LE now?

By ASOA

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Star Wars Premium / LE.”

• Love it? 23 votes
      26%
    • Hate it? 17 votes
      19%
    • Undecided ? 23 votes
      26%
    • Who cares? 26 votes
      29%

(89 votes)

#1 6 years ago

New video has shown us game play of Star Wars Premium. What are your thoughts? Quality issues aside. What do you think of the game?

#2 6 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/164473503

Here is the VOD. I saw the hyperdrive at 13:50, not sure if that is the first time it happens or not.

#3 6 years ago

It's the tits.

Just gotta work out the kinks. Even SR said that the game just wasn't close enough to ready to show until now. That means it's still not truly "ready."

#4 6 years ago

The game is fundamentally great. It'll only get better as the game is refined. It's not worth anywhere near the premium/LE prices though.

#5 6 years ago

I had never played it this morning.

I still haven't played it.

Ask me next month.

#6 6 years ago

Watched some of the key points of the video. Scared . But this is a grail pin...don't troll or hate, my opinion. I am in on a premium. I have faith that Stern wouldn't be stupid enough to let this code fall through and abandon it. The major thing that concerns me is the amount of work it takes to destroy the Death Star. I don't want it to be easy, but if I have a great game I want a chance...this is a major toy.

#7 6 years ago

It looks to me like it has a chance of being incredible, if they can iron a few bugs out. I feel like they're in such a rush to get every game out there that even the designer (SR) and the programmer (Dwight) seem nervous and unsure what's going to happen at these reveals, which is understandable, but it always feels three weeks too early.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Watched some of the key points of the video. Scared . But this is a grail pin...don't troll or hate, my opinion. I am in on a premium. I have faith that Stern wouldn't be stupid enough to let this code fall through and abandon it. The major thing that concerns me is the amount of work it takes to destroy the Death Star. I don't want it to be easy, but if I have a great game I want a chance...this is a major toy.

The Death Star shot is a bitch. That's what makes it tough. It's like the Dragon/Castle Black shot on GOT if you're familiar with that. Tough because it's directly between two other shots, so you really have to sneak it in there or you brick the shot.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Death Star shot is a bitch. That's what makes it tough. It's like the Dragon/Castle Black shot on GOT if you're familiar with that. Tough because it's directly between two other shots, so you really have to sneak it in there or you brick the shot.

Thanks. Can't wait. I'm a player, not an investor. People who buy boats don't plan to make money and sell it, they enjoy it. That's me. I play the sh@! Out of my games. That's why I buy them...good play. And I like fast, but strategy. Star Wars seems to be that.

#10 6 years ago

Love. Hate. Can't a guy be in the middle on this one? It's a fun enough shooter.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks. Can't wait. I'm a player, not an investor. People who buy boats don't plan to make money and sell it, they enjoy it. That's me. I play the sh@! Out of my games. That's why I buy them...good play. And I like fast, but strategy. Star Wars seems to be that.

Amen. Some people are dogging it but I'm actually more intrigued now than I was a month ago.

#12 6 years ago

This game has what it takes to be great. Plays fast. Great Shots. Great Theme. Great Lighting. Great Sound. Cool animations. Hyper Loop is cool. Death Star is decent probably will look better when it has lights working. Why is everybody hating on this game. Stop asking for so much. We all just want a game to play good. A lot of the classics aka must haves do not have that much stuff inside and yet nobody dare talk bad about them. I think people just have a bad feeling about stern pinball right now because of quality issues and warranty concerns. My opinion is as long as the cabinet does not fall apart or the playfield crack discolor or ghost it is a great Game. Be honest even if you do not like what the company is doing right now. Steve Ritchie designed a great game!

#13 6 years ago

I will be happy when I get my premium. There is a lot to this game. Looking forward to the unboxing day.

#14 6 years ago

I am waiting on the premium to ship and can't wait. Have played the pro, which is fast and fun. For me, I like the game, I like the theme. I agree with some other posts that the pro layout is debatably a little bare, but when I saw that hyperloop in action on the DeadFlip video, I was stoked i had a prwmium on the way. What an awesome addition. I have to agree with @beelzenoob...its the tits...haha. I do hope they continue to add to and iron out the code, which it's seems as though they are on it considering they updated the code 2 times already on the pro in the first month.

#15 6 years ago

pro definately beats out the LE on this one. It really is not even close. I guess if you like sloppily intergrated toys then go for the LE/prem. Aside from that, the pro is an uber fast shooter and great flow. I see no reason to mess with that at all.

#16 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pro definately beats out the LE on this one. It really is not even close. I guess if you like sloppily intergrated toys then go for the LE/prem.

That's exactly what I like, and I can't wait to get my LE!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

pro definately beats out the LE on this one. It really is not even close. I guess if you like sloppily intergrated toys then go for the LE/prem. Aside from that, the pro is an uber fast shooter and great flow. I see no reason to mess with that at all.

If you're talking about the hyper loop or metal ramps and trails, I'd disagree based on the video. Looks pretty cool to me. Of course it's hard to judge relatively small differences in play based on video, will have to try it to know for sure.

If you're talking the glitchy Death Star obviously that needs correcting.

Clearly not huge differences in play so it's all aesthetics if you think it's worth the extra $$ to upgrade.

#18 6 years ago

The LE looks like it could play a little bit tougher due to having a ramp instead of the captive ball at the Death Star shot. On the Pro you can sometimes backhand the shot and you don't necessarily need to hit it "square" to get credit for the shot whereas on the LE you'd need to hit a clean shot all the way up the ramp and into the Hyperdrive loop. Aside from that though I don't really see much of a difference between the LE and Pro versions. The exploding Death Star and right outlane gate are basically just cosmetic additions.

#19 6 years ago

At Cal Extreme seminar Steve R sat up there for 90 min as we saw slide show of factory. He talked about cycles and testing of Prem/LE and commented how different a game than the pro was. Even eluding that it was a very different harder game.
    Anxious to play one here in about 4 weeks.
    Once this pin gets out in the wild pinside will have many more threads on this topic.

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

At Cal Extreme seminar Steve R sat up there for 90 min as we saw slide show of factory. He talked about cycles and testing of Prem/LE and commented how different a game than the pro was. Even eluding that it was a very different harder game.
    Anxious to play one here in about 4 weeks.
    Once this pin gets out in the wild pinside will have many more threads on this topic.

Is that SR talk available online?

#21 6 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Is that SR talk available online?

God i hope not. Pinside would tear it apart.

#22 6 years ago

Canceled LE, ordered premium.

#23 6 years ago

Did richie talk about the mechanical design failure on GoT-LE that he designed on the left orbit and it never worked or ever fixed? Did he talk about the ST-LE pop bumper screw in playfield fix for his pop design fail. How about the unused canon modes on acdc? BTW I bought all these NIB and I'm done with richie games after seeing SW.

#24 6 years ago

I think what is clear is how the Stern designers go about the Pro/LE models differently.

Pretty sure Steve has gone on the record that he dsigns the full featured LE model and then strips back BOM on the pro in order to maintain the feature he wants for the LE.

Other designers have said they go about it the opposite and design the pro and then figure out what to add for the LE.

To me is seems that the later model ends up with the better value in both games.

#25 6 years ago

Hey Pinside Peeps,

I am campaigning for some tweaks to the Star Wars Code. Basically ideas to get it more immersive.

Go cast your VOTES here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hosers-9-dream-star-wars-code-adjustments-vote-now#post-3905780

- You can Vote for Multiple options (if you like)
    - Make sure to read the Loooooong Ass first post
    - Then post why you like what you like

Cheers

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think what is clear is how the Stern designers go about the Pro/LE models differently.
    Pretty sure Steve has gone on the record that he dsigns the full featured LE model and then strips back BOM on the pro in order to maintain the feature he wants for the LE.
    Other designers have said they go about it the opposite and design the pro and then figure out what to add for the LE.
    To me is seems that the later model ends up with the better value in both games.

Thats exactly what he said.
    Designs the LE and works backwards.
    He also commented that his code team has nothing to do with the other machines stern has released in past 3 years.
    His group kinda works on there own.
    He also stated he tells Gary to "go away" a lot!
    If Gary doesnt like it. Fire him.
    He wanted an auto launch button for Star Wars, it was the one design aspect that Gary insisted on. He gave in and made it a plunger.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from TVP:

Did richie talk about the mechanical design failure on GoT-LE that he designed on the left orbit and it never worked or ever fixed? Did he talk about the ST-LE pop bumper screw in playfield fix for his pop design fail. How about the unused canon modes on acdc? BTW I bought all these NIB and I'm done with richie games after seeing SW.

Hes working on it. Ill let him know.

1 month later
    #28 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I will be happy when I get my premium. There is a lot to this game. Looking forward to the unboxing day.

And I received the call today. My premium is set to be delivered on Monday.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-of-star-wars-premium-le-now and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.