(Topic ID: 229199)

What do you think of my White Water rebuilt?

By CCary

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1766 (resized).JPG
IMG_1762 (resized).JPG
IMG_1763 (resized).JPG
IMG_1760 (resized).JPG
IMG_1759 (resized).JPG
IMG_1761 (resized).JPG
IMG_0525 (resized).JPG
IMG_0526 (resized).JPG
#1 5 years ago

Just wanted to share. First two are before tear down and the rest are about 4 month's later. The legs, rails and lock bar are wrapped by a local decal business. Playfield has ben touched up and auto cleared. Very fast game now. Does anyone like? Lol. I have similar stuff done to my Monster Bash.

C

IMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0525 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_0526 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPGIMG_1759 (resized).JPGIMG_1760 (resized).JPGIMG_1760 (resized).JPGIMG_1761 (resized).JPGIMG_1761 (resized).JPGIMG_1762 (resized).JPGIMG_1762 (resized).JPGIMG_1763 (resized).JPGIMG_1763 (resized).JPGIMG_1766 (resized).JPGIMG_1766 (resized).JPG

#2 5 years ago

I think it looks clown puked.
Enjoy.

Edit: the legs are pretty fugly, and whilst the trees don't look bad on the lock down the double white water logos look unrefined, like a mistake.

#3 5 years ago

I like the lockdown and siderails allot. The legs look too busy to me but nice work!

#4 5 years ago

HUH! I was all ready to not like it but I think the wrapped legs, rails and lockdown bar are actually kinda cool and unique. How will it wear under your palms on the lockdown bar?

#5 5 years ago

looks nice , just so you know title says redbuilt

#6 5 years ago

luch thank you. Haha, I'll change if I can figure out how.

@ mrlawperson figured this would come from you. I know enough from reading Pinside to expect your opinion to be so elegant.

Thanks guys!

C

#7 5 years ago

i like the lockdown bar, legs.... a little busy

#8 5 years ago

I think it all looks awesome! Good job bending the rules.... I like it a lot! Unique and Creative. If the decals wear, just replace them. Ha!

#9 5 years ago

I'll have to completely agree with The Law on this one.

#10 5 years ago

Not really my style but the work is solid and I love seeing people push the envelope...kudos for that
Got any pics of the Monster Bash?

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

I like the lockdown and siderails allot. The legs look too busy to me but nice work!

Just the opposite for me. I like the legs!

#12 5 years ago

Where did you get the legs done?

#13 5 years ago

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so you do you CCary, but if you don't mind the constructive criticism, I gotta go with TheLaw on this one. The doubled "White Water" on the apron AND on the lockdown bar is really distracting. Too many fonts, too little space, too many logos (the trees are pretty cool though).

I think the legs would've been better had you not gone with the backbox artwork. Something more subtle, like blue legs with water splashes coming up from the bottom, or maybe to blend in with the water on the front of the cabinet probably would've looked more refined, imho. But hey! I can tell you poured your heart and soul into this one. Nice work!

#14 5 years ago

I'm not one to criticize anyone's work, but it sounds like you are asking. The pieces individually look really neat. Unfortunately nothing ties together. I've never seen anyone wrap the legs with artwork. Great idea. If it seamlessly tied int the cabinet artwork you have a valuable mod. Same with the lockdown bar. The redundant White Water is awkward. I'd rather see some blue powder coating on the rails. Black seems out of place with the artwork. I'm not sure you would want to cover a fresh powder coat with decals. A+ for thinking out of the box. With a little tweaking it could be very cool.

#15 5 years ago

Let’s see what you’ve done with the Monster Bash. I’m interested.

#16 5 years ago

She's a beaut Clark.....sorry had too quote that !!....Like it alot...regret selling mine to help finance a crowd funding start-up pinball company-Good job

#17 5 years ago

Thanks bunch guys. I thinking I may ask my buddy to make something to change the apron a bit to look a little more together. Maybe another wrap in this area with other ideas or perhaps some art on magnet. Hmm. Have to admit I didn't realize it would look this way when discussing the idea with my friend that did the work. My buddy that did the wrap also did the legs @toucanf16. We had local sign company make all the wrap materials. You probably wont like the MB either because I'm afraid it may sort of have same issues. Thank you for all the compliments and criticism with out alienating someone! I will get the MB pics up tonight for you all to see.

#18 5 years ago

I like the concept, think some great things can be done with wrapping machines.

#19 5 years ago

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Sorry. I agree with the others that say it's WAY too busy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,250 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Montpelier, VA
Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 5.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 189.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-of-my-white-water-redbuilt?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.