What do you think of 'Escape From The Lost World'

Started 3 years ago by sodakjack in forum All Pinball > All Pinball.

Forum » All Pinball » Topic

What do you think of 'Escape From The Lost World'

Nobody calls this topic a favorite. Click the star to add it to your favorites.

By sodakjack

3 years ago

Stats

• Started 3 years ago
  • 13 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by MrSanRamon

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

Find in this topic

Show only posts in this topic that match certain words or are written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

3 years ago

Have a chance to buy a Escape from the Lost World pinball. Haven't seen it or ever played one but it is the same time period as my beloved Pinbot (that I don't own but have worked on a few). Anyway what are your thoughts on Escape from the Lost World

3 years ago

Backglasss is beautiful. Playfield....not so much. IMHO, it has an EM feel.

DISREGARD - I thought you were talking about 'Lost World' from Bally ....I've no experince with Escape from the Lost World.

3 years ago

Saw that one up in Brookings (have family there so I keep tabs on the area pin-wise). My advice - go play it. It's definitely different. I played one game one time years ago and didn't think much of it, but you can't tell much of anything from one game.

When that went up for sale I watched a Youtube clip and it actually looks and sounds kind of fun. Simplistic, but fun.

Tracy

» YouTube video

3 years ago

JP is Better IMO !!!! But , Everyone has Their own Taste . Go 4 it..

JP-2.jpg (Click image to enlarge) JP-1.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

3 years ago

I really miss my lost world but have never tracked down escape from. I do think it looks interesting but would depend on rules if it is fun or not.

3 years ago

Very weird and fun little game. I love the artwork and crazy shots. It has a really cool and hard shot across a "tight-rope" and a very unique wide hill-like molded ramp up on top. I haven't played enough to really figure out the rules, but I believe it's fairly straight-forward given the era. It is fun to bat the ball around though, that's for sure.

3 years ago

I don't know...from the video it looks like a fun game!

3 years ago

It was my first alpha numeric, and my first "modern" machine as the only other SS we had at that point was GTB Dragon. I really liked it and often "threaten" my wife that we will get another one.

It has a cool shot over the golden bridge with the upper left flipper and then use the upper right flipper to shoot it through the door for a jackpot.

Often the molded plastic rocks will be broken here and there, similar to the boulders in WH2O.

It is rare to see one with the original playfield glass which had a Pterodactyl and a few plants silk screened to it.

Weird "banana" cabinet. No art on the front of the cab.

I'd take another one in good condition if I could find one and a place to put it.

3 years ago

Well apparently there's Lost World, Escape from the Lost World, Jurassic Park, and The Lost World Jurassic Park. Confusing much? Reminds me of algebra: First Outer Inner Last.

3 years ago

It's one of the few late 80's Bally titles I love.

Back in 1988, I lived near a Putt-Putt that had this, and I played it all the time.

3 years ago
Crash said:

Reminds me of algebra: First Outer Inner Last.

that's funny!

3 years ago

I've got one. It's no Pinbot, but it's a fun game that's been reliable and survived being at the MGC 3 times. Good flow with basic rules, the timed escape shot for Jackpot is tough. The plastics are the weak spot and the banana cabinet is tricky to move. I lucked out and found mine at a local rummage sale for cheap, but I'd think that depending on condition, you could get one for under $700.

3 years ago

I've never seen one in person so I could play it; but I have always thought it looked like fun.

I'd love to play one sometime; does anyone in the SF bay area have one?

Robert

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or sign in if you already have one.