Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.gif
image_(resized).jpeg
scotchmademedoit_m_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
2013-1_qtr_034.JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

What's your favorite? what do you think will stand the test of time? what do you think was the biggest homerun for stern. Obviously there are a handful of Pins that were left out of the poll because of lack of space options so feel free to write them in.

#2 7 years ago

Lots of good choices here but why would you leave out a game like Spider-Man that has been out for a long time and played by thousands of people....yet you put in Ghostbusters which very few people have played???

#3 7 years ago

Metallica

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#4 7 years ago

I voted Lotr because I own it and want to price pump it. Just kidding never going to sell it.
Just Baught a Met pro so will have a chance to get a lot of time on it.
I only played The other games in the list a handful of times so honistly can't say. Also a lot of us never got to play GB so how could we vote for it? From the looks of the game it might just be #1

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Lots of good choices here but why would you leave out a game like Spider-Man that has been out for a long time and played by thousands of people....yet you put in Ghostbusters which very few people have played???

I know SM slipped my mind and didn't notice until after I created the poll and don't know if I can edit it. I do agree GB was a little premature to be put in the poll but I think it should be considered at least. So I guess comment for SM votes and we can count them lol

#6 7 years ago

Are you basing it on pro models or LE models?

Star Trek LE is tough to beat.

#7 7 years ago

I think TWD. Layout kicks your ass but you can have an awesome game on it.
Modes, Blood Bath, Multikills, Horde and so much more.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just vote for ST - same thing

#9 7 years ago

Tspp?

#10 7 years ago

I started making the list before I realized I was limited to 9 choices lol forgot to go back to change it I wanted to put RBION on there too because I think it may be the closest thing stern has done to being an original theme plus the layout kicks ass (although I may be partial as I own a beautiful example lol)

#11 7 years ago
#12 7 years ago

Lord of the Rings and Metallica.

Ghostbusters has the potential to be Sterns best game yet. Out of all the games Stern has released Ghostbusters premium / LE easily has the most unique and interactive toys and features. Combine that with incredible artwork, great custom sound tracks, deep code, and proper licensing and it be a top 10 pin.

#13 7 years ago

Tron. But GB Prem could be good, GOT is awesome and I want one, my MET and LOTR are pretty damn awesome, acdc prem, ST... I freaking hate it when you guys make me vote on this s#@t

#14 7 years ago

spider man

#15 7 years ago

Isn't Stern still making 90's type retro games with DMDs? Am unaware of any modern games.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from RTR:

Isn't Stern still making 90's type retro games with DMDs? Am unaware of any modern games.

Shame on you

#17 7 years ago

I guess by modern I meant post 1999

#18 7 years ago

I cant choose just one but met , acdc luci and twd premium are my favorite stern pins of all time by a long shot which is why they are the only ones I own. I think gb cld be pretty awesome but the linear rule set may not be for me and the way the jackpots work is another thing that I dont care for Guess we will see how the rules pan out over time.

#19 7 years ago

Just trying to pep things up a little!

#20 7 years ago

Metallica and Walking Dead for me - unspectacular layouts but really fantastic software. Tron and Iron Man are up there but I think I'd get bored with both sooner.

#22 7 years ago

Def Walking Dead.

I own Lotrle, SM, and Acdc.

And WPT is better than a few those on the list

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Def Walking Dead.
I own Lotrle, SM, and Acdc.
And WPT is better than a few those on the list

Stop trying to make WPT happen. It's not gonna happen. It's not better than anything on that list.

#25 7 years ago

SM, IM, FG, and LOTR

#27 7 years ago

My vote is in for Metallica. I don't own one at the moment but have friends that do. Fantastic game IMO

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from visi0n:

My vote is in for Metallica. I don't own one at the moment but have friends that do. Fantastic game IMO

Just did a 4 hour marathon on my new Met. I might have to change my now that I have the game.
What an awesome game it is.

#30 7 years ago

MET LE

#31 7 years ago

TallicA is The best all around game

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

TallicA is The best all around game

It is pretty darn good.

I really enjoy my Premium and can't stand the music.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

It is pretty darn good.
I really enjoy my Premium and can't stand the music.

You should get someone to change out the song list! Makes it so much more enjoyable

#34 7 years ago

Kiss ... it gets more play on location compared to many we have on your list

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Kiss ... it gets more play on location compared to many we have on your list

The Ford Fiesta is the best selling car in the world, it doesn't mean it's the best.

#37 7 years ago

Correct answer is whatever is the newest...hence the GB surge, even when there aren't many out....

No one dared dispute AC/DC when it came out, now waning in current MET and TWD new toys....

My answer, probably anyone I haven't been able to play or own would rank highest, but no way you're gonna beat TRON , w SM and IM proving to be stables, as well

#38 7 years ago

TWD then MET

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Correct answer is whatever is the newest...hence the GB surge, even when there aren't many out....
No one dared dispute AC/DC when it came out, now waning in current MET and TWD new toys....
My answer, probably anyone I haven't been able to play or own would rank highest, but no way you're gonna beat TRON , w SM and IM proving to be stables, as well

It's pretty tough to dispute Met greatness, and it's 3 years old.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stop trying to make WPT happen. It's not gonna happen. It's not better than anything on that list.

What's not to like Crazy L?

It's a Ritchie, Lyman and Keefer special. Drop target heaven.

Most pinheads don't like the theme, like sports pins, they will never be overwhelmingly popular.

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Most pinheads don't like the theme, like sports pins, they will never be overwhelmingly popular.

Which is a shame, but the nerds run this hobby.

#42 7 years ago

TWD imo and MET is next. Both are Borg/lyman pins and TWD is the newest iteration for them. A lot of similarities in design and play. Borg has said TWD was his favorite design, and most people acknowledge how lyman has taken his coding skills to new heights on TWD. Still, theme is huge in pinball and if TWD doesn't do it for you and MET does, then MET is the obvious choice.

Some great pins to choose from. And different strokes for different folks. I also really enjoy my POTC (which is newer than LOTR but not on the list) and it plays 100% different from TWD/MET.

GB is relatively unknown, and it's crazy to rate it the best so early. But I look forward to seeing it a year or two after release.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Ford Fiesta is the best selling car in the world, it doesn't mean it's the best.

What a dick comment.. Never said kiss was the best band in the world I stated for me as an operator Kiss is the best earner and we have most of the pins listed above in the vote list...

#44 7 years ago

Tough one, I own 8 which I feel all have legitimate good aspects even XMLE and PotC, plus I sold SM last year so call it 9 solid Stern pins I've owned in the past year still kept 8. I'd say SM was sold because it was close to STLE but either are great.

I'm kind of torn because I want to say Metallica. It's got the whole enchilada, nice ramps, music, art, rules, toys it's the Mac daddy.

However I'm also in mind that ACDC premium is nearly as good minus the good artwork and STLE is stunning to look at and play. IM is super fun and Tron is nearly perfect.

Can't forget Tspp whose rules are as good as any plus great call outs.

I'm leaving XMLE and PotC for the lowest tier but think they're both excellent pins.

#45 7 years ago

I'd like to hope GB is going to be in this select company even top 5 Stern would be fine with me.

I haven't played GB so it's all hype to me. But from people who have played it, GB does sound great.

#46 7 years ago

I prefer Luci, but I would say Met is the "best" overall modern Stern

#47 7 years ago

Funny how those ratings are nothing like the Pinside Top100.

Not sure why. Obviously smaller sample. But could also be because the older games were rated in the Top 100 with less good Sterns to compare to? Or possibly due to the Stern code release issue (i.e. Poor code on release means bad ratings early, but game then turns into a classic with good code 12 months later).

In any case I'd like to see a Top 100 that only includes "current" ratings (say 2 years old). And also one that includes all ratings of all time.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It's pretty tough to dispute Met greatness, and it's 3 years old.

Agreed, and not disputing its greatness...but " best" a very subjective question ( dependent on the player). Just using general observation.....newest always seems to be " best" until the next...( I love MET btw, and want to love Kiss, but neither is moving my TRON )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 97 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-is-the-best-modern-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.