(Topic ID: 121497)

what do you think i could get for these?

By boilerman

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by stashyboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BoxingBell.jpg
    chutes.jpg

#1 5 years ago

what do you think?

chutes.jpg
    #2 5 years ago

I give up. What?

#3 5 years ago

Coin door chutes? For what game / manufacturer / era?

#4 5 years ago

if you don't know, you are most certainly not a EM guy

#5 5 years ago

Will trade you a chalupa for all of them... whatever they are

#6 5 years ago

Wowee! All bright and shiny, too. Normally they're full of dried soda and rust.

#7 5 years ago

Did you have those all replated or repro? If replated, why didn't I think of that?

I just had Mike Chestnut replate several of the playfield glass receivers, the part that sits above the top end of the playfield and below the playfield glass along with a couple of the top arches.

Are they done in nickel plating or chrome? Hopefully nickel for the original appearance.

#8 5 years ago

I looked for one of the rounded style at the bottom and didn't find anything. They're certainly worth something!

#9 5 years ago

Nice find!

#10 5 years ago

I pulled these from my machines a month ago to send to mike to get nickel plated. he emailed me the other day and said he is not taking any new work, and doesn't plan to in the foreseeable future.
    kind of sounded like he is getting out, I know he had a bad accident a while back but thought he was back 100%
    since I had them out I acid cleaned them and gave them a coat of mothers. most came out pretty nice a few could use a replate.
    once I had them lined up I thought WOW I know these thing are so hard to find wonder what they would go for. pin girl on fleebay sold just one for over 50 bucks
    I have bought parts machines just to get these

#11 5 years ago

#12 5 years ago

HOLY CRAP!!!! that must have taken an amazing effort to acquire all of those... not to mention $$$...

they look great...

edit: didn't answer the question... be pretty easy to get between 50-75 each, so geez, 1500...

#13 5 years ago

now don't go posting a pic of 20 gtb 5" bells lined up in a row, otherwise, we might have to raid your house...

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

HOLY CRAP!!!! that must have taken an amazing effort to acquire all of those... not to mention $$$...
    they look great...

Chris most the pins had them in them a few did not. but the ones that did not, did take a while for me to acquire. i wish someone would repro them. tooling cost on these would be high so i guess that is the reason no one has done them up to this point

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

he emailed me the other day and said he is not taking any new work, and doesn't plan to in the foreseeable future.

Oh great...

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

now don't go posting a pic of 20 gtb 5" bells lined up in a row, otherwise, we might have to raid your house...

wasn't there two styles of 5" bells? one with the coil inside the bell the other under?
    i think i have one or two of them, would have to check to be sure

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

Chris most the pins had them in them a few did not. but the ones that did not, did take a while for me to acquire. i wish someone would repro them. tooling cost on these would be high so i guess that is the reason no one has done them up to this point

gotcha... at least you had most of them to start with... i can't imagine trying to track that many down...

i wish they'd get repro'd too.... i wonder what it would cost to do the tooling?

with the demand for them, i bet we could fund it through a kickstarter...

that and the bell...

#18 5 years ago

that was the impression I got. hope i am wrong, mike does GREAT work at a FAIR price

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

Since I see the wedgehead experts are all already here, I've got stupid wedgehead questions:

Is the 5" bell the biggest bell in most games?

Is it common for the two smallest bells to be the same size, with the same tone? My Sing Along is like that and I always wondered if it was correct.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

wasn't there two styles of 5" bells? one with the coil inside the bell the other under?
    i think i have one or two of them, would have to check to be sure

dunno... on the gtb's i have, the coil is inside the bell... on the wms, it is under the bell...

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from mot:

Since I see the wedgehead experts are all already here, I've got stupid wedgehead questions:
    Is the 5" bell the biggest bell in most games?
    Is it common for the two smallest bells to be the same size, with the same tone? My Sing Along is like that and I always wondered if it was correct.

yes, biggest bell i know of, although no doubt someone snuck a monster in some game...

both bells 3 inches, yes... the "black" and the "plated" ones sound different... from what i've seen, "plated" for 1 point, black for 10 points... others will hopefully chime in there too...

you can experiment... 3 inch bell shells (non pinball sources) aren't uncommon, i know there are a few threads about experimenting with bells...

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

yes, biggest bell i know of, although no doubt someone snuck a monster in some game...

Someone, needs to retrofit one of these suckers into their Golden Gloves, World Champ, Knockout…BoxingBell.jpg

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Someone, needs to retrofit one of these suckers into their Golden Gloves, World Champ, Knockout…BoxingBell.jpg

that would be WAY cool... it would make the 5" bell sound feeble...

is that boxing bell yours?

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

is that boxing bell yours?

Ha, no. I'm not opposed to hanging something like that up in the game room though.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Ha, no. I'm not opposed to hanging something like that up in the game room though.

i hadda ask, since you've been known to have "cool stuff" lying around...

i wouldn't be opposed to it either...

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

i wish they'd get repro'd too.... i wonder what it would cost to do the tooling?

Nowadays they probably would not even tool up for a small run.

They would lasercut the blanks, then bend them

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Nowadays they probably would not even tool up for a small run.
    They would lasercut the blanks, then bend them

any idea how much to get them done vid? say a run of 1000?

#28 5 years ago

1000 is that magical number in manufacturing where the price nosedives. You will find that on small runs, the set up of the presses cost more than the stock.

A buck or two depending on the gauge and required finish of the stock.

Manufacturing parts is material + steps.

So lets say the steel is $60 and then you have to figure out the steps:

1. Laser cut (parts are nested together to get max use from a sheet of stock).
    2. Bend 90* small arms
    3. Radius bend sides plate
    4. Radius bend front plate
    5. Send out for plating (if desired)
    6. Press rivet

#29 5 years ago

thanks vid...

food for thought...

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

that was the impression I got. hope i am wrong, mike does GREAT work at a FAIR price

Bummer if that is true. I'm sure there are other folks that do this kind of plating out there, but is good to know when they are so familiar with pinball parts. Everything I've ever sent to him has come back with excellent results-better than original for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 29.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    COINTAKER.COM
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 6.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 12.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 499.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 12.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 131.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside