(Topic ID: 273253)

What do you think about timed competition as a code feature?

By UNCgump

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EJS
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I see pros and cons to this. I would propose sudden death at the end as we see in some existing games rather than say, okay, 15 minutes are up, you are done.

For tournament play I do like fast timed games. Not something where it takes 30 minutes to get through ball 1.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from UNCgump:

You could also do fastest to X points or other goals.
    I like the idea of "party modes"

I could see adding a simple flipper code while in attract mode could trigger a couple different options. For a party mode you could do as follows, and even have the times be adjustable in menu.

1 ball game
    Immediate multiball upon game start something similar to midnight madness.
    I would max 3 balls. Some games that empty their troughs can get excessive and can't really make shots.
    Ball saver is on for X number of minutes.
    When you are down to your last ball maybe get rewards with 2 and 3 way combos etc as commanded by a single lit shot.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ejs.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-about-times-competition-?tu=ejs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.