(Topic ID: 26645)

What do you think about the new "Home Version" Stern

By justjoe

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pumpkin_throwing_up.jpg
    dog_throwing_up.jpg
    pumpkin_throwing_up.jpg
    guy_throwing_up.jpg
    girl_throwing_up.jpg
    49720-turtles-fucking.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydawg0006.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 11 years ago

I thought this was some kind of elaborate April fool's joke but then I remembered we are in October.

On amazon it says the actual mrp for this is 4k and it's on sale for 3k lol. I see what the logic is behind the idea for this, but the price point is no where close to where it needs to be. Even if they sold these for cost it would still be too high. For this to work it needs to be in the 1k range and even then how many would they really sell? I wonder how many of these they will need to sell just to break even?

I think stern is better off sticking to the ac-dc model. 500ish le models and then offer both premium and pro models for each game. As long as there is premium model as a choice they could skimp a little on the pro models to get the msrp down closer to 3500-4000 while still having enough quality to pass as a pin.

On a side note - I think there would be a lot of interest for an xmen premium (le model pf with a pro model cabinet).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaydawg0006.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-about-the-new-home-version-stern?tu=jaydawg0006 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.