image-670.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1897.JPG
DSCN1896.JPG
DSCN1893.JPG
DSCN1894.JPG
image.jpg
10422973_10202655321091584_6914568287729409611_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 9 years ago

It's really underrated IMO. I spent several months restoring mine, I had never played one on location, but it was one of those games that looked so great with that funky artwork and interesting layout it was a game I had to get. Finally scored one, and then bought a better playfield at the Allentown show a few years back. Loved it from day 1. It's definitely a flipper control game, and what's cool is you can build a strategy around points or special... both not easy. Love the left and right side setups, and the alternating special is fantastic. With a timed shot when right special is lit, you can actually get it past the kickout to award a special on the way up and sometimes on the way down as well. Here's a few pix of mine. I was also able to score a NOS backglass with absolutely no nicks/scratches or wear, so this game is a definite keeper in the collection.DSCN1894.JPGDSCN1894.JPGDSCN1893.JPGDSCN1893.JPGDSCN1896.JPGDSCN1896.JPGDSCN1897.JPGDSCN1897.JPG

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from scampcamp:

Wow!! Yours looks awesome.. Bright & nice colors. Mine has a thick layer of dirt that after cleaning will look 1/2 as good as yours. I don't have a key so I'm going to need to drill it this spring. There's a sticker on the coin door that says Gas Alarm. What's this?
Thanks for the email contact for a good backglass.

Maybe it was a warning to others that he farted a lot? I have no idea.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

the original PF had a significant wear spot in front of one of the kickouts. I had a home silk screen kit that I decided to try out and see if this was a viable option for PF touchups. I ended up not using this method because I found another PF in better shape.
the silkscreen process was easy to do and I just used some acrylic I had on hand. with some tweaking I could have made a print over the damaged area that was indistinguishable from the factory text.

Wow, that silk screen kit looks promising... do you have to be adept at the silkscreening process in order to successfully apply the art... looks great!

image-666.jpg 50 KB

image-594.jpg 41 KB

#30 9 years ago

Wow, that's cool... do you mind telling where you got your kit from? I'd love to do insert rings with that method. Anything is better than my freehanding skills.

Don O

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-think-about-expressway?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.