(Topic ID: 296530)

What do you put on your weiner?

By PinDeLaPin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95BFA065-E1B8-41CB-B33D-BC40A8CAC962.gif
    IMG_2348 (resized).jpeg
    aaf29112963ea076_800x800ar (2) (resized).jpg
    BF307-065 (resized).jpg
    59ff429a29ab5_408554b (resized).jpg
    SDTM Meny (resized).png
    SDTM Bone (resized).png
    49B38C84-977B-4AC5-8C0E-121F0EE5653C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1717 (resized).jpeg
    b8148625-4049-4a55-aa25-022b61e05e42_1.1eeed4e4824a296a1c7d42e05366bc19 (resized).jpeg
    20210805_140205 (resized).jpg
    good_dog (resized).png
    20210801_184355.jpg
    BSKDogCPjpg (resized).jpg
    KDog (resized).jpg
    R.55d8e38ccace75193a104faf3725bb41 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindelapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Get your mind out of the gutter! How about a break from the normal name calling kind of thread here no arguments over JJP or Stern. Here we are just going to talk about some weiners and what you top em with. Pretty sure I just put the ketchup only on my Nathans no sense is slopping it all up. Ketchup can vary widely as well with all kinds of fancy expensive stuff right down to the walmart brand. I prefer Simply by Heinz not too pricey either so I can still buy a 12 pack with my weiner supplies at the walmart. What kind of dogs ya'll eatin and what cha wiping all over them let me know?

20210709_145056 (resized).jpg20210709_145056 (resized).jpg
    #8 2 years ago

Yeah i'm not into tbis cheap ass walmart stuff

20210709_151907 (resized).jpg20210709_151907 (resized).jpg
    #10 2 years ago

Not much for mustard I know a lot of people who put mayo on em. Just ketchup for me

#13 2 years ago

Well you know us midwesterners are always sticking together trying to support each other.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Gwaltney has a dog that they only sell in the Tidewater market. It’s a little skinnier and has a skin that has a very satisfying snap to it. Asking for ketchup on your hot dog will get you the evil eye in these parts. Chili, mustard, and onions is the norm.

Might go clearing out the room with some chili and mustard and onions. Wife'll have yo ass sleeping on the couch the 1st time you guve her a dutch oven

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm from a suburb of Chicago so...
    All beef franks a must (will only ever buy Vienna, Hebrew national, or Nathans)
    poppyseed bun
    plochmans mustard
    relish
    tomatoes
    pickle spear
    sport peppers
    celery salt
    Heinz ketchup (only if in the mood) - will get kicked out of a few spots in Chicago if you ask for it!

No Nathans!!! Ughh those are the only real hot dogs just ask joey chestnut.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I get that but I don't think Red Gold Ketchup is the hill to die on. That is without a doubt the drizzleshits of ketchup.

Whaat man your crazy. I would totally prefer Red Gold but I can't ever find it around me it is always sold out.

#36 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You never see Chicago style outside of Chicagoland. Here in DC you can get a half-smoke from Ben's Chili Bowl that will knock your socks off. Half beef, half pork, and all delicious!
    [quoted image]

I don't know man that looks to me like a guaranteed trip to the toilet. I may have to give it a whirl though sometime

#38 2 years ago

I'm not too sure about that chicago dog. There is a lot going on there.

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

Nothing better then a Sonoran Hot Dog
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Now that does look good

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Chicago is loaded with anti-ketchup crusaders, I honestly don’t care (as long as there’s no mayo-fucking weirdos). But at least upgrade to Simply Heinz Matt. No need for that high fructose garbage.

Great catch John no freaking high fructose corn syrup shit allowed on my dog!

#117 2 years ago

Are you going to garnish those weiners any differently based on how they are cooked? Some people boil them, others grill them , some bake them in the oven and some slice em and throw em in tbe frying pan. Just curious if the different prep method affects the toppings you use on them? Besides ketchup of course!

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You know Phabes, when you are right, you are right. Upgraded here this AM while at the store. Now, we just need to get you Chicago boys on the Chik Fil A hotness. This shit is legit and goes on everything. [quoted image]

Now i could definitely agree to that high dollar ketchup and would definitely give that chik fil A sauce a whirl.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

One thing about pinside is that at least 50% of posts are either completely wrong or at least missing something factually. In this thread it is more like 99%. If you said ANYTHING beside mustard or chili, you are wrong. End of story.

Nobody's right or wrong it is just a general what are you putting on your weiner? Appears though through our very scientific and calculated responses that people are very passionate about the condiments they choose to adorn their belived weiners with.

#139 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I have been following this thread for several days and I just have to comment that I personally, would NEVER refer to a hot dog as a "weiner".
    Perhaps that is just my personal preference, or an attempt to avoid scrutiny, but I just wanted to make that clear.
    Because every time I read the title to this thread, I do NOT envision a hot dog until I read the comments in the thread.
    I assume other people might use that term regularly, but I would not never say that word in normal conversation...

You never grew up with the Oscar Meyer Weiner? Not sure where you have been living but they've always been referred to as a wiener.

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

As far as I am concerned, it is still a "hot dog" even though the manufacturer might label the product using other terminology.
    I will not use that word "weiner" in a spoken sentence, in mixed company.
    Perhaps this is just my personal preference.

We'll see there is just another opinion that's what this thread is really all about. Once again there really is no wrong or right answer it definitely seems to vary on where you're at in the country on what you refer to the Weiner or hot dog as and to what you will put on it while consuming it.

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Like Woody I’ve had many different styles. I’m open for whatever tickles my fancy! (Don’t go there Matt)

I hear you Aaron sometimes you just want to try something different. After I run my smoker and I have leftover pulled pork I like to make one of my favorite combinations. A nice brioche style hot dog bun toasted with a Nathan's weiner with some pulled pork on top of it and a little queso cheese dripped on top of that.

#148 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Joey Chestnut says, dog and bun, leave 'em plain. They go down easier that way. 76 times in 10 minutes. Unbelievable really unbelievable. ESPN had a 30 30 episode on him.

Well I generally only just want ketchup on mine but no way I could do it plain.

#150 2 years ago

My kids love to put velveeta shells and cheese on their's. I've never tried it but it sure sees to make them happy.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Bacon Burger Dogs compliments to the BBQPITBOYS…..That looks GUUUD!
    [quoted image]

Damn that looks like some serious dressed up weiners.

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Seriously tho... Who the hell eats weiners that is over 12? Brat is where it is at!

Brats are gking into an entirely different thread.

#155 2 years ago

All i can say is after some good eatin I wanna good bottle to chase it down

20210709_152204 (resized).jpg20210709_152204 (resized).jpg
    #163 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Seems to be a toppings thread. What kind of dog do you like? We're a country harvest from Costco fam. I haven't eaten a hotdog that isn't cased since childhood.
    I won a hotdog eating comp when I was kid at a bday party. Slammed 12 dogs and buns down. Now I tap out at two max. Strange how your eating changes as you age. I used to be able to eat a stack of pancakes like nothing. Now I eat two or three and I'm done.

I just like Nathans the best, cannot stand Hebrew Nationals.

#164 2 years ago

No way I can get down with $1.19 a package weiners. You gotta onow for that price you are eating extra shitty scraps.

20210711_121432 (resized).jpg20210711_121432 (resized).jpg
    #171 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Except people use the word "incorrectly" all the time, which makes it "correct." Language evolves.
    Dictionary.

Well this is exactly like me calling them weiners and some of ya'll calling em hot dogs.

Quoted from DBLM:

You are completely wrong. The style of cooking is indicative of the food being cooked. You barbecue ribs, grill burgers, steaks, and the like, etc. I don't barbecue a steak. I would not invite you over for a fish fry to grill you a fish. It is all about type of meat being grilled, the method, the time, and the preparation.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/barbecuing-vs-grilling-259676#:~:text=Whereas%20barbecuing%20is%20low%20and%20slow%2C%20grilling%20is,and%20fruits%20are%20also%20popular%20foods%20to%20grill.

#173 2 years ago

I do have to admit when i'm doing an all day long smoke and have people over it does piss me off when peoole show up and ask me what is on the grill? I tell em nothing cause you don't smoke on a grill you smoke using a smoker.

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

^^^^ This guy gets it’

But the weiners always go on the grill or sliced in half and thrown in the frying pan.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

These have been my go to for a couple years now. They’re expensive but the quality is obvious. Otherwise I prefer Vienna beef quarter pounders.
    [quoted image]

Phabes those are some good looking weiners and I can tell they aren't so cheapies.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Indeed. Or, if you have a hotdog steamer.

Is there really much difference between steamed and boiled?

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

made from ground up lips and A-holes as a chef friend of mine would say.

Yeah we all have all heard that but when you buy the pricier stuff you ultimately hope for better ingredients

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's messed up. I remember seeing someone put mayo on their pizza when I was a teen at our pizza/steakhouse. Still grosses me out to the day

Mustard or mayo on a your pizza is just a nasty thought.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Peanut Butter! 3rd generation family member keeping the tradition alive![quoted image]

Wow that is a new one to me Chad. Peanut butter weiners I don't even know what to say about that.

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Try it before you deny it!

Well if your lathering yours up with peanut butter that has to mean our neighbors to the north in Canada are putting gravy on theirs then right?

#221 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Official pinside hot dog?
    Would need sauerkraut to start. Or coleslaw

I mean sauerkraut for sure if I go to the baseball game and get a ballpark dog but coleslaw?

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Wrong, 61% of America does put Ketchup on hot dogs. I can see if you have mostly Polish, Jewish or German ancestry why you would think that way, but a lot of us don’t have that heritage.
    https://texasfarmbureau.org/americans-say-summer-cookouts-must-include-hot-dogs/

Has to be ketchup. Bbq sauce on a hot dog is just all kinds of wrong

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Just because a lotta people do it, don't make it right........

A lot of people play pinball

#228 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Hot dogs are a crap food, people have to do what they can to tolerate them. Lol

Certainly aren't a staple of health food I agree but when I do eat em i'm not cheaping out

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Let's not discount a good, wholesome, gas station hot dog.
    LTG : )

Not sure wholesome belongs in that sentence but definitely satisfies a growling stomach

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Preach the truth.

Some serious ketchup hating going on in here

#249 2 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

I love Ketchup (Heinz) on fries.

I like ketchup on fries also but definitely on a nathans. I think it is all about me being too lazy to get out multiple condiments

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Polish, German, Jewish. I seriously don’t think French or English would be thinking no ketchup. I had never heard of no ketchup on a hot dog until I had a work picnic and a Jewish guy made a comment about my hot dog having ketchup. People put whatever they like on hot dogs in Virginia such as ketchup, mustard, mayo, relish, onions and nobody cared.

People say no ketchup on a hot dog but seem completely ok with mayo?? Wtf

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Ketchup rules. Mustard sucks.

This guy totally gets it

#262 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Object! Slander , rule to remove statement .

As an avid smoker I feel that if you have to smother smoked meats in bbq sauce then whatever you made must suck because your hiding it's true taste with the sauce. I carry that thought process over to any kind of meat that you douse in bbq sauce. A thin line of ketchup from end to end of the weiner is absolutely devine.

#264 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Counsel is in session..

The jury is clearly torn on this one. Looks to be a no decision

#266 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

Ok, everyone put aside your disagreements and gear up for some hot dogs tonight, made the way you want them. You couldn’t have a better occasion than the MLB All Star game. History could be made tonight, Ohtani is going berserk!

I wonder if there's any statistic on how many weiners will be sold at the Ballpark tonight?

#270 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Collagen! Collagen! Collagen!

Definitely prefer natural casing when we have our deer sausage made but like the skinless Nathan's

#271 2 years ago

DBLM does anyone put that Old Bay stuff that you coasterners love on their weiners?

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from JayDee:

I guess he wasn’t joking. He REALLY does sprinkle it on his wiener.

Well at least it isn't mayo

#276 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Old Bay might be the greatest seasoning known to mankind. I know a lot of folks in flyover country might not have had this but I highly recommend it. It makes everything better. Seafood, pork, chicken, beef, fries, popcorn, cocktails; it is for everything. It can also be used as a marital aide because it has aphrodisiac properties. If you need me to hook you up just let me know. [quoted image]

Not sure we have that kinda stuff here in the heartland. Have to check though i'm down for sprinkling something new on my weiner.

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from embryonjohn:

It’s simple. Hot dogs contain 99% of the ingredients & flavoring as bologna and if you’re making a bolo sandwich, every sane person thinks, mustard or mayonnaise.
    Never ketchup, never.
    Please don’t tell me you put ketchup on bologna.

Haven't had bologna in forever but when I used to eat it I would definitely put ketchup on it.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

French silk pie.
    I did it once on a dare in a restaurant. I can't say I'd ever do it again.
    It wasn't bad. Almost good.
    LTG : )

Hmmmm. I'm not even sure what to say about this.

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

I still don’t get why some people get so bent out of shape if someone doesn’t like something they do.

I really could care less what anybody puts on ithere food or what car they drive it has no bearing whatsoever on me. I do think it's funny though how some people are so strongly opinionated and think that only their choices are correct. I think it's absolutely disgusting to think about putting mayonnaise on a hot dog or bologna but hey it's it's your thingg by all means enjoy yourself

#299 2 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Most people hold the opinions they do because they believe they are correct, at minimum correct for them. Some of us just enjoy ‘stirring the shit’ a little more than others… perhaps…

Nothing wrong with that

#302 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The only brand I’ll eat, 10xs better than Nathans
    [quoted image]

Those are some very strong words. I'd be willing to try em but have my doubts about being better

#303 2 years ago

Somebody sent me this pic of a taco style hot dog. Trying to figure out if I want to try this or not. Of course it still needs ketchup

Screenshot_20210714-075809_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210714-075809_Gallery (resized).jpg
    #305 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’re twice the price as Nathan’s but way better, they are tough to find outside of the Chicago area.

I jave never seen them down here in the St Louis area

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from HFK:

[quoted image]

Those look like some hairy weiners

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I don't know...…
    That kind of grosses me out.

Definitely do not want any ketchup on those wieners that would gross me out

#316 2 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Street meat off the hot dog cart. Not bad, usually includes a pop.

So you buy the streat meat off the street vendor and then they pop you? I think I would go to a different more friendly vendor

#324 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Old Bay is nationwide, I literally just ate a 1/2# of shrimp, steamed and covered in Old Bay down here in Florida

You are also on a coast. It is not here in the st louis area or at least not at the grocery store I go to.

#328 2 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Shipped em right to TN for July 4th.
    https://www.viennabeef.com/

Oh no not you too!

3 weeks later
    #337 2 years ago

Trying something new today. Thanks DBLM for sending this Old Bay hot sauce it's legit.

20210805_140205 (resized).jpg20210805_140205 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindelapin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-put-on-your-weiner?tu=pindelapin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.