(Topic ID: 296530)

What do you put on your weiner?

By PinDeLaPin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95BFA065-E1B8-41CB-B33D-BC40A8CAC962.gif
    IMG_2348 (resized).jpeg
    aaf29112963ea076_800x800ar (2) (resized).jpg
    BF307-065 (resized).jpg
    59ff429a29ab5_408554b (resized).jpg
    SDTM Meny (resized).png
    SDTM Bone (resized).png
    49B38C84-977B-4AC5-8C0E-121F0EE5653C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1717 (resized).jpeg
    b8148625-4049-4a55-aa25-022b61e05e42_1.1eeed4e4824a296a1c7d42e05366bc19 (resized).jpeg
    20210805_140205 (resized).jpg
    good_dog (resized).png
    20210801_184355.jpg
    BSKDogCPjpg (resized).jpg
    KDog (resized).jpg
    R.55d8e38ccace75193a104faf3725bb41 (resized).jpeg
    There are 363 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 2 years ago

Bacon Burger Dogs compliments to the BBQPITBOYS…..That looks GUUUD!

FB6718A0-D4BD-4624-B957-749732F427A2 (resized).pngFB6718A0-D4BD-4624-B957-749732F427A2 (resized).png
    #152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

Bacon Burger Dogs compliments to the BBQPITBOYS…..That looks GUUUD!
    [quoted image]

Damn that looks like some serious dressed up weiners.

#153 2 years ago

Seriously tho... Who the hell eats weiners that is over 12? Brat is where it is at!

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Seriously tho... Who the hell eats weiners that is over 12? Brat is where it is at!

Brats are gking into an entirely different thread.

#155 2 years ago

All i can say is after some good eatin I wanna good bottle to chase it down

20210709_152204 (resized).jpg20210709_152204 (resized).jpg
    #156 2 years ago

:

#157 2 years ago

Seems to be a toppings thread. What kind of dog do you like? We're a country harvest from Costco fam. I haven't eaten a hotdog that isn't cased since childhood.

I won a hotdog eating comp when I was kid at a bday party. Slammed 12 dogs and buns down. Now I tap out at two max. Strange how your eating changes as you age. I used to be able to eat a stack of pancakes like nothing. Now I eat two or three and I'm done.

#158 2 years ago

Hoffy hot dogs are really good. It’s what Pinks in Hollywood uses. They have a nice snap to them. Mustard relish and onions. No Ketchup or Mayo or any other weirdness on a hotdog. Chili is another option.

#159 2 years ago

Onions with fresh ground black pepper, paprika, turmeric, salt and sugar. The mustard I put Encona pepper sauce in and shake up for extra kick.
    Goes well with ice cold lager, Heineken on tap.

DF26AC6A-92EE-4513-899E-FB5C45461154 (resized).jpegDF26AC6A-92EE-4513-899E-FB5C45461154 (resized).jpeg
    #160 2 years ago

Having done a lot of research on this subject, it all starts with the hot dog.
    My fave is Bar-S brand spicy, smoked, Polish sausage which is borderline
    for many. Either grilled or pan fried after sliced down the middle. And so well
    cooked its black.

Kraut and yellow mustard is all thats needed. The red pepper in the dog bites back.
    Steve

#161 2 years ago

Just like our local favorites, Willy Joe’s or Yoccos.

Spicy chili , mustard and onions on a steamed roll

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Just like our local favorites, Willy Joe’s or Yoccos.
    Spicy chili , mustard and onions on a steamed roll

Always stop at a Yocco's when I'm nearby.

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Seems to be a toppings thread. What kind of dog do you like? We're a country harvest from Costco fam. I haven't eaten a hotdog that isn't cased since childhood.
    I won a hotdog eating comp when I was kid at a bday party. Slammed 12 dogs and buns down. Now I tap out at two max. Strange how your eating changes as you age. I used to be able to eat a stack of pancakes like nothing. Now I eat two or three and I'm done.

I just like Nathans the best, cannot stand Hebrew Nationals.

#164 2 years ago

No way I can get down with $1.19 a package weiners. You gotta onow for that price you are eating extra shitty scraps.

20210711_121432 (resized).jpg20210711_121432 (resized).jpg
    #165 2 years ago
    Quoted from zarco:

Having done a lot of research on this subject, it all starts with the hot dog.

Right you are.

40+ years ago Hardees had the best hot dog. Resembled a plastic tube with red yarn in it filled with grease. Heated up. Damn that was a great hot dog. No floor sweepings for me.

LTG : )

#166 2 years ago

We just did this.

Still fun to see folks getting angry over ketchup, though.

If you like Heinz, and want to save more than "27 cents," try the ketchup at Aldi. I swear they are identical.

#167 2 years ago

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Use the right terminology when you are cooking over fire. If you invite me over for hotdogs and hamburgers, that is a "cookout", not a "BBQ." A BBQ is typically pork or chicken (can be beef under special occasions) and it involves SAUCE! Anything else is a cookout. Both are fine, but get your terms straight.

Also, you cook on a grill, smoker, etc, not a BBQ. Unless you live in Australia or thereabouts. Then, go throw another shrimp on the barbie.

#168 2 years ago

Oh, feh. You have friends over for a barbecue and cook on a grill, and if some stickler on how the word is used where he's from is upset, so much the better.

You have a long row to hoe if you want to try to convince EVERY DICTIONARY otherwise.

Now, when the food itself is called barbecue, that's different. Don't ask me if I want some BBQ and give me a lousy burger.

#169 2 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh, feh. You have friends over for a barbecue and cook on a grill, and if some stickler on how the word is used where he's from is upset, so much the better.
    You have a long row to hoe if you want to try to convince EVERY DICTIONARY otherwise.
    Now, when the food itself is called barbecue, that's different. Don't ask me if I want some BBQ and give me a lousy burger.

You are completely wrong. The style of cooking is indicative of the food being cooked. You barbecue ribs, grill burgers, steaks, and the like, etc. I don't barbecue a steak. I would not invite you over for a fish fry to grill you a fish. It is all about type of meat being grilled, the method, the time, and the preparation.

https://www.thekitchn.com/barbecuing-vs-grilling-259676#:~:text=Whereas%20barbecuing%20is%20low%20and%20slow%2C%20grilling%20is,and%20fruits%20are%20also%20popular%20foods%20to%20grill.

#170 2 years ago

Except people use the word "incorrectly" all the time, which makes it "correct." Language evolves.

Dictionary.

#171 2 years ago

Except people use the word "incorrectly" all the time, which makes it "correct." Language evolves.
    Dictionary.

Well this is exactly like me calling them weiners and some of ya'll calling em hot dogs.

Quoted from DBLM:

You are completely wrong. The style of cooking is indicative of the food being cooked. You barbecue ribs, grill burgers, steaks, and the like, etc. I don't barbecue a steak. I would not invite you over for a fish fry to grill you a fish. It is all about type of meat being grilled, the method, the time, and the preparation.
    https://www.thekitchn.com/barbecuing-vs-grilling-259676#:~:text=Whereas%20barbecuing%20is%20low%20and%20slow%2C%20grilling%20is,and%20fruits%20are%20also%20popular%20foods%20to%20grill.

#172 2 years ago

Dictionary.

We will just have to agree to disagree. Serious grillers get very specific about the terminology.

#173 2 years ago

I do have to admit when i'm doing an all day long smoke and have people over it does piss me off when peoole show up and ask me what is on the grill? I tell em nothing cause you don't smoke on a grill you smoke using a smoker.

#174 2 years ago

^^^^ This guy gets it’

#175 2 years ago

These have been my go to for a couple years now. They’re expensive but the quality is obvious. Otherwise I prefer Vienna beef quarter pounders.

88F65844-27F0-43A0-9865-E79FEFAFB205 (resized).png88F65844-27F0-43A0-9865-E79FEFAFB205 (resized).png
    #176 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

^^^^ This guy gets it’

But the weiners always go on the grill or sliced in half and thrown in the frying pan.

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

These have been my go to for a couple years now. They’re expensive but the quality is obvious. Otherwise I prefer Vienna beef quarter pounders.
    [quoted image]

Phabes those are some good looking weiners and I can tell they aren't so cheapies.

#178 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

But the weiners always go on the grill or sliced in half and thrown in the frying pan.

Indeed. Or, if you have a hotdog steamer.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Indeed. Or, if you have a hotdog steamer.

Is there really much difference between steamed and boiled?

#180 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Is there really much difference between steamed and boiled?

With “wieners” it’s virtually the same in my opinion.

#181 2 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

With “wieners” it’s virtually the same in my opinion.

I agree with A-ron on this.

#182 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

No way I can get down with $1.19 a package weiners. You gotta onow for that price you are eating extra shitty scraps.

made from ground up lips and A-holes as a chef friend of mine would say.

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elvishasleft:

made from ground up lips and A-holes as a chef friend of mine would say.

Yeah we all have all heard that but when you buy the pricier stuff you ultimately hope for better ingredients

#184 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Serious grillers get very specific about the terminology.

Serious grillers. Love to eat their food, but they can be insufferable.

#185 2 years ago

Yes, of all things to get riled up about...

The word comes from a native Haitian word, barbakoa, a framework of sticks on posts, originally to sleep on! Sounds like something to get your panties in a twist about, alright! The North American usage of grilling meat over fire is from 1931. Only 90 years ago!

A regional penchant for doing so slowly with smoke doesn't get to claim the word as exclusively its own, sorry all you Bubbas.

#186 2 years ago

I got bored and finally succumbed to opening this thread to see what's up. I was immediately triggered.

eastwood ketchup on hot dog (resized).jpgeastwood ketchup on hot dog (resized).jpg

#187 2 years ago

I always put a half of a quality kosher dill pickle spear and onions along with mustard (sometimes yellow, sometimes whole grain) on mine at home. Poppy seed bun too please. And if it’s on the grill that bitch is gonna be charred.

#188 2 years ago

A regional penchant for doing so slowly with smoke doesn't get to claim the word as exclusively its own, sorry all you Bubbas.

Like I am going to take linguistics advice from a region that “warshes” their hands.

#189 2 years ago

A good dog is almost in the 'best foods ever' class. A hot Italian link with mustard and Kraut is next to Godliness.

It if gets too spicy, you can always mellow it out with a side of Spotted Dick.

IMG_2126 (resized).JPGIMG_2126 (resized).JPG

#190 2 years ago

Outside of Christmas time elephant gift gags, how many cans of spotted dick do you think Heinz sells annually?

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I always put a half of a quality kosher dill pickle spear and onions along with mustard (sometimes yellow, sometimes whole grain) on mine at home. Poppy seed bun too please. And if it’s on the grill that bitch is gonna be charred.

I do swap the pickle spear for some relish. But either way: Winner.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Outside of Christmas time elephant gift gags, how many cans of spotted dick do you think Heinz sells annually?

This could get out of hand..... Steaming your Pud?!!

Steamed Pud (resized).pngSteamed Pud (resized).png

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from xsvtoys:

I do swap the pickle spear for some relish. But either way: Winner.

Yup. Not that a hotdog needs more salt, but that briny vinegar pickle profile really works with the dog.

#194 2 years ago

This is a good question for Joey Chestnut.

#195 2 years ago

Remember this?

images(1).jpgimages(1).jpg
    #196 2 years ago

I thought of this thread,when my wife and I got a hot dog at Costco's today. I did see something for the first time in my life,a lady put mustard on her pepperoni pizza.

#197 2 years ago

Haven’t had a hot dog in a year but New York System wieners were my favorite.

Meat sauce, mustard, grilled diced onion, celery salt.

B341ED50-059F-498E-BD25-2085D04F9391 (resized).jpegB341ED50-059F-498E-BD25-2085D04F9391 (resized).jpeg
    #198 2 years ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

I did see something for the first time in my life,a lady put mustard on her pepperoni pizza.

That's messed up. I remember seeing someone put mayo on their pizza when I was a teen at our pizza/steakhouse. Still grosses me out to the day

#199 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

That's messed up. I remember seeing someone put mayo on their pizza when I was a teen at our pizza/steakhouse. Still grosses me out to the day

Mustard or mayo on a your pizza is just a nasty thought.

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Poppy seed bun too please. And if it’s on the grill that bitch is gonna be charred.

Exactly. The doctor may tell us we failed our drug test for heroin and btw you have cancer, but so worth it.

There are 363 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-put-on-your-weiner/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.