(Topic ID: 296530)

What do you put on your weiner?

By PinDeLaPin

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

95BFA065-E1B8-41CB-B33D-BC40A8CAC962.gif
    IMG_2348 (resized).jpeg
    aaf29112963ea076_800x800ar (2) (resized).jpg
    BF307-065 (resized).jpg
    59ff429a29ab5_408554b (resized).jpg
    SDTM Meny (resized).png
    SDTM Bone (resized).png
    49B38C84-977B-4AC5-8C0E-121F0EE5653C (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1717 (resized).jpeg
    b8148625-4049-4a55-aa25-022b61e05e42_1.1eeed4e4824a296a1c7d42e05366bc19 (resized).jpeg
    20210805_140205 (resized).jpg
    good_dog (resized).png
    20210801_184355.jpg
    BSKDogCPjpg (resized).jpg
    KDog (resized).jpg
    R.55d8e38ccace75193a104faf3725bb41 (resized).jpeg
    There are 363 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.
    #1 2 years ago

Get your mind out of the gutter! How about a break from the normal name calling kind of thread here no arguments over JJP or Stern. Here we are just going to talk about some weiners and what you top em with. Pretty sure I just put the ketchup only on my Nathans no sense is slopping it all up. Ketchup can vary widely as well with all kinds of fancy expensive stuff right down to the walmart brand. I prefer Simply by Heinz not too pricey either so I can still buy a 12 pack with my weiner supplies at the walmart. What kind of dogs ya'll eatin and what cha wiping all over them let me know?

20210709_145056 (resized).jpg20210709_145056 (resized).jpg
    #2 2 years ago

Just cooked up some dogs on the 4th. Ballpark franks and some regular Heinz as well. Also, Chik-Fil-A sauce goes great on everything!

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

a break from the normal name calling kind of thread here no arguments over JJP or Stern.

I think the whole ketchup on a hot dog debates are older than JJP

Salthered in Mayo hung from a string is even a thing.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the whole ketchup on a hot dog debates are older than JJP

What? Ketchup is a must. But only good ketchup. There is a lot of shitty ketchup out there.

#7 2 years ago

Oops, sorry forceflow. You beat me by a few secs

#8 2 years ago

Yeah i'm not into tbis cheap ass walmart stuff

20210709_151907 (resized).jpg20210709_151907 (resized).jpg
    #9 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

What? Ketchup is a must. But only good ketchup. There is a lot of shitty ketchup out there.

I cannot believe it when people buy off brand ketchup, or even garbage like Hunt's.

It's like, the cheapest condiment on the planet. Spend the extra 27 cents and get Heinz! Dear lord.

I like my dog with ketchup and mustard.

#10 2 years ago

Not much for mustard I know a lot of people who put mayo on em. Just ketchup for me

#11 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I cannot believe it when people buy off brand ketchup, or even garbage like Hunt's.
    It's like, the cheapest condiment on the planet. Spend the extra 27 cents and get Heinz! Dear lord.
    I like my dog with ketchup and mustard.

I hear you there. My inlaws in Indiana swear by this crap. My MIL is like "We have to support local businesses." I think it sucks ass. Actually pissed her off when I brought a bottle of Heinz out there to her house.

lg_1664905900__800x800__ (resized).jpglg_1664905900__800x800__ (resized).jpg
    #12 2 years ago

Gwaltney has a dog that they only sell in the Tidewater market. It’s a little skinnier and has a skin that has a very satisfying snap to it. Asking for ketchup on your hot dog will get you the evil eye in these parts. Chili, mustard, and onions is the norm.

#13 2 years ago

Well you know us midwesterners are always sticking together trying to support each other.

#14 2 years ago

#15 2 years ago

Mustard if alone, otherwise chicago style

#16 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Gwaltney has a dog that they only sell in the Tidewater market. It’s a little skinnier and has a skin that has a very satisfying snap to it. Asking for ketchup on your hot dog will get you the evil eye in these parts. Chili, mustard, and onions is the norm.

Gwaltney is a damn fine dog. Never had a problem down there asking for ketchup and mustard.

#17 2 years ago

This is nonsense. Nobody in their right mind puts ketchup on a hotdog.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from zombywoof:

Might go clearing out the room with some chili and mustard and onions. Wife'll have yo ass sleeping on the couch the 1st time you guve her a dutch oven

#19 2 years ago

Cautiously opens thread, hoping this stays clean.

Ketchup, relish and onions only if it's a good thick weiner else just ketchup and choke it down.

We're still talking about a hot dog?

#20 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Mustard if alone, otherwise chicago style

Exactly.

#21 2 years ago

I'm from a suburb of Chicago so...
    All beef franks a must (will only ever buy Vienna, Hebrew national, or Nathans)
    poppyseed bun
    plochmans mustard
    relish
    tomatoes
    pickle spear
    sport peppers
    celery salt
    Heinz ketchup (only if in the mood) - will get kicked out of a few spots in Chicago if you ask for it!

#22 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well you know us midwesterners are always sticking together trying to support each other.

I get that but I don't think Red Gold Ketchup is the hill to die on. That is without a doubt the drizzleshits of ketchup.

#23 2 years ago
    Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm from a suburb of Chicago so...
    All beef franks a must (will only ever buy Vienna, Hebrew national, or Nathans)
    poppyseed bun
    plochmans mustard
    relish
    tomatoes
    pickle spear
    sport peppers
    celery salt
    Heinz ketchup (only if in the mood) - will get kicked out of a few spots in Chicago if you ask for it!

No Nathans!!! Ughh those are the only real hot dogs just ask joey chestnut.

#24 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I get that but I don't think Red Gold Ketchup is the hill to die on. That is without a doubt the drizzleshits of ketchup.

Whaat man your crazy. I would totally prefer Red Gold but I can't ever find it around me it is always sold out.

#25 2 years ago

Plain, the way God intended.

Or if a coney dog, chili, onions, no mustard.

Or Chicago style, no mustard.

#26 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Whaat man your crazy. I would totally prefer Red Gold but I can't ever find it around me it is always sold out.

To each their own but yuck.

#27 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Plain, the way God intended.
    Or if a coney dog, chili, onions, no mustard.
    Or Chicago style, no mustard.

Mustard belongs on no weiner!

#28 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

It never gets NEAR mine!

#29 2 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Hard disagree! French's, Goldens, or if you are blessed to live on the east coast near a Wegmans, their honey mustard. That is some good mustard!

#30 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

It never gets NEAR mine!

Especially the brown stuff!

#31 2 years ago

Coney for me, but at a cookout ill do mustard and ketchup.

I think im finally old enough to try some Chicago style dogs

#32 2 years ago

The only way. Chicago style.
    5160f45537b6d5a9f661ebfc64ae9c92 (resized).jpg5160f45537b6d5a9f661ebfc64ae9c92 (resized).jpg

#33 2 years ago

Chili. Chopped onion. Shredded cheddar. Mustard and jalapenos.

#34 2 years ago

Yup chicago style

8E9AA3C8-0E54-4350-8C78-4C21AC44AC3E (resized).jpeg8E9AA3C8-0E54-4350-8C78-4C21AC44AC3E (resized).jpeg
    #35 2 years ago

You never see Chicago style outside of Chicagoland. Here in DC you can get a half-smoke from Ben's Chili Bowl that will knock your socks off. Half beef, half pork, and all delicious!

GettyImages-180956646_54_990x660 (resized).jpgGettyImages-180956646_54_990x660 (resized).jpg
    #36 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You never see Chicago style outside of Chicagoland. Here in DC you can get a half-smoke from Ben's Chili Bowl that will knock your socks off. Half beef, half pork, and all delicious!
    [quoted image]

I don't know man that looks to me like a guaranteed trip to the toilet. I may have to give it a whirl though sometime

#37 2 years ago

Never put ketchup on a hot dog near me...

Only two ways to eat a hot dog. With mustard or with chili.

#38 2 years ago

I'm not too sure about that chicago dog. There is a lot going on there.

#39 2 years ago

In my family (and generally in north jersey) Ketchup on hot dogs is only allowed until age 7. After that mustard, preferably brown deli mustard like Nathan’s. Never that french’s Bright yellow nasty stuff. I like some hot sauerkraut on a Hebrew national, well done and burnt.

#40 2 years ago

Now I am hungry

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

... Ben's Chili Bowl that will knock your socks off.
    [quoted image]

Hot dog chili with beans...the worst!

#42 2 years ago
    Quoted from BillySastard:

The only way. Chicago style.
    [quoted image]

Looks amazing,only thing I'd change is spicy brown mustard for the yellow mustard

#43 2 years ago
    #44 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hot dog chili with beans...the worst!

What are you rambling on aboot? Half smokes are legit! You can order some now delivered right to your door.

https://www.halfsmokes.com

#45 2 years ago

the only way.....

6de05d_f7215d353caf458cbf5bc4f0471293f3_7Emv2_480x (resized).jpg6de05d_f7215d353caf458cbf5bc4f0471293f3_7Emv2_480x (resized).jpg
    #46 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm not too sure about that chicago dog. There is a lot going on there.

I agree with you there. Chicago hotdogs and pizza are...special? Let's go with that.

#47 2 years ago

Surprised no one has mentioned horseradish yet...Horseradish and mustard for me. Same lineup for Kielbasa. Sometimes mustard and relish only on a beef hotdog. Sometimes only spicy mustard. I do like the Chicago style hotdog though, rather buy that one than make it too many ingredients, to me a home cooked hotdog is fast food.

#48 2 years ago

Ketchup , mustard everything and all. Inspector Callahan can do as he pleases!

#50 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Surprised no one has mentioned horseradish yet...Horseradish and mustard for me. Same lineup for Kielbasa. Sometimes mustard and relish only on a beef hotdog. Sometimes only spicy mustard. I do like the Chicago style hotdog though, rather buy that one than make it too many ingredients, to me a home cooked hotdog is fast food.

Weber mustard is horseradish mustard - I think you'd like it.

There are 363 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-put-on-your-weiner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.