Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 228 posts
  • 101 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by roffels
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20211116-162319_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    rgp-rootpg (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 9.55.08 AM (resized).png
    96127BBA-F3F4-4071-B550-86437A0E4732.gif
    B0F726EB-3D15-4464-9100-38F35879AC9C (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B0C1A405-7028-4121-BB95-5CE27DA33013 (resized).jpeg
    44ACD123-AA2A-4EED-92A2-2D78265AABE4 (resized).jpeg
    fd3265778fc5dd6b9d1357df5547dab99e8c2619.gif
    475306B4-9106-4C7E-8254-D34893777662 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

I agree, RGP was terrible, the people who miss it must really be reaching back.

In it's infancy it was great. Industry people. Programmers. Designers. Over time they drifted away as usenet groups grew in popularity. And the influx of new people and the occasional troll like John Shields started the down hill slide.

I think it's downfall was the new people didn't feel like they fit in. So the trolls gained a following because the new people had someone they could relate to.

Not to the same extent. But I've seen similar happenings here on Pinside. With 20 or so new members each day. A lot of them don't feel a connection to older Pinside members. And being younger many are high testosterone driven. Quicker to attack or flame.

Easiest way to keep Pinside growing and be a great place is simple. Be nice. Or have your say in one post and then let it go. You'll be glad you did.

LTG : )

#125 2 years ago

I know one thing I really like Pinside over RGP. On Pinside you can quote a person. So everyone knows who you respond to.

On RGP, which is on usenet. if you posted there on a newsreader. Your response would be spaced over to the right a little, so people knew who you responded to. If you posted to RGP on Google. It's one post after another. So unless you paid attention, it looked like you responded to the OP.

That was sure to get you some funny responses. Because your response might be to something in the same thread yet entirely different.

#191 2 years ago

I miss Steve Kulpa's faces of RGP pictures and first picture the Royal Order of the Pinball Goose

rgp-rootpg (resized).jpgrgp-rootpg (resized).jpg
    #204 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I think used TAF ramps were going for $400 or more in a small window of history.

I remember when they were hitting $500 on Ebay. I needed one. A man emailed me an Ebay link for a smokey one NOS complete for $250. He wanted to know if it was a good deal.

I emailed him back and thanked him for the link. Then I emailed him and told him I wouldn't do that. If he needed it he best grab it as it was a buy it now for half of what they were going for. He thanked me and bought it.

Fast forward some years when the ramp was reproduced for around $125. He posts on RGP and blasts me for telling him to buy the one for $250. He didn't mention they were NLA when he bought it and at that time we didn't know if it would ever be reproduced.

No good deed goes unpunished.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-miss-or-has-changed-on-pinside-in-the-past-10-years?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.