(Topic ID: 246834)

What do you look for in location pinball?

By isJ

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjmjmm2006
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Pretty much the title -- but, what do you look for in location pinball? How do you decide where you will play? What makes you come back?
    Personally I scout for new locations using pinballmap. I typically skip over any location with one (or two) games, unless they are games I have never played. I come back if the location has a lot of games, or a smaller number of games that are really well maintained.
    What about you?

Priority for me nowadays with my limited time is location. It has to be near me or it can only be on rare occasions. Once in a while I like to sneak out for a couple hours after the kids go to bed and that doesn't work if I have to drive 45 minutes one way to get to a location. I don't need drinks and food personally, normally when I go to play pinball I'm in there for one reason. TVs are nice to have the game on in the background as a distraction, but aren't a deal breaker either. Also the games have to play like they should. They don't need to be museum pieces with a bunch of added on lights and junk, but they need to play right to get me to drop more than $1.00 in them or get me to come back. For me, function tops quantity too. We have a location locally with the most games of anyone, but the condition is always a coin flip and some issues don't get fixed for months or years. I got fed up with game malfunction after game malfunction during tournaments and finally said enough was enough and I haven't been back there in years now. We are lucky to have lots of options here locally, so I can be choosy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-look-for-in-location-pinball?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.