(Topic ID: 2894)

What do you like....TZ or LOTR...if you have played or owned both?

By iceman44

13 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 13 years ago

I'm in on WOZ and started thinking I was going for TZ or my first love Fun House.....so it's NIB LOTR LE with shaker or TZ via Ebay....I guess you can't go wrong either way

So many great machines and limited space to work with!

#2 13 years ago

TZ and LOTR are both great games!Would go with LOTR with it being newer.

#3 13 years ago

Have you thought about searching for a routed TZ locally instead of ebay? If you find one that needs to be restored it could be way cheaper, so maybe both can be bought

#4 13 years ago

Tough one. I have both, but these are two completely different games, no easy way to tell which one is better. They are both deep games with incredible gameplay. My only advice could be to get both of them!

#5 13 years ago

You should be able to find a nice TZ for $3500. With the high production run they always turn up. LOTR is nice also especially since if you wanna drop the kinda coin you were talking about earlier you can get a NIB and know your getting a mint cond pin.

Having owened them both i'd go TZ

#6 13 years ago

I have both and they are totally different games. LOTR is a fan shape design. You use the two flippers to hit different parts of the fan when they are lit. If you like the classic two flipper set up, you couldn't go wrong with LOTR. btw you don't need to buy the LE version to get the shaker motor...you can order that online for the basic model. It's also great if you love multiball's.
    TZ has four flippers (+ two magnetic flippers) and you have to use each at different times to hit the appropriate shots. Less multiball (unless you get lost in the zone) and it stops and starts while you wait for animations (which some folks are not too keen on)
    I agree with robin...both are great and you would be happy with either, but you should really play both so you can decide which style you like more...or get both. :lol

#7 13 years ago

I would say TZ, but I may be biased.....I own TZ and not LOTR. I will say that LOTR is the best of Sterns IMO. You can't go wrong with either one.

#8 13 years ago

You are talking about two games that are in the top ten of almost any list. No matter which one you choose, it's a win-win proposition.

#9 13 years ago

If I had to choose I would pick TZ easily. I like LOTR, but TZ is better IMHO.

#10 13 years ago

I haven't played very much LOTR, and never played TZ.

If you're brand new at pinball repair, TZ I hear could have you pulling your hair out. One of the most complicated pins out there to date.

#11 13 years ago

I personally like LOTR better but I have more time on it since I own it. I would like a TZ though. I also think part of the appeal of TZ is all the mods which are available. It's not the only reason but definitely part of it. I think I will put that in another thread so as not to hijack this one.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-liketz-or-lotrif-you-have-played-or-owned-both and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.