15axo5 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Hot dog (resized).jpg
44867678_10213735445166481_5791874878827134976_n (resized).jpg
three (resized).jpg
Nuh uh.gif
C680238D-64EB-4057-A9FD-2D4A373B59B6 (resized).jpeg
3630C226-0C7E-43CC-92D6-E3A4F8FEF427 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 5 years ago

It’s funny how everyone mentions how this machine looks as the deciding factor. Has anybody discovered (or not) deep gameplay and flow? I saw somebody mention long balls and fun, but that’s about it. What is the strategy of this game?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Tons of strategy in the game. Biggest strategic element is the steins: there are 14 of them, and each stein boosts some playfield feature globally (e.g. higher spinner value, easier roller coaster locks, longer playfield X timer) and also boosts the value of a specific tent. You can collect as many steins as you want, including multiples of the same stein, and all of their abilities stack.
Plenty of other strategic choices as well: which tent features (modes) to play, and when. Caution around locking balls in the beer barrel in multi-player games, because those locks can be stolen by other players. Even stuff like whether you want to use your MagNabs to catch the ball at the top lanes (advance playfield X) or to catch the ball at the UR flipper for easier shots at the bartender or the beer barrel lock ramp.
I love the strategic elements of pinball, and I've made sure there's no shortage here... while, I hope, still keeping the game approachable and fun for less experienced players.

Thanks for the detail, sounds like a great game. Guess I’ll have to try one and and see the flow

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolfemaaan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-like-or-dislike-about-oktoberfest?tu=wolfemaaan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.