15axo5 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Hot dog (resized).jpg
44867678_10213735445166481_5791874878827134976_n (resized).jpg
three (resized).jpg
Nuh uh.gif
C680238D-64EB-4057-A9FD-2D4A373B59B6 (resized).jpeg
3630C226-0C7E-43CC-92D6-E3A4F8FEF427 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 5 years ago

Houdini I knew I wanted it before I played it....here is why.
The theme is exciting, game features set a new standard "bang for buck" really got me interested early and the music package started out great even early on.
The dedication of the staff to interact with the community really made me believe in the product and want to support the company.
Going to the live seminars at SFGE sealed the deal and got my money.

Oktoberfest:
Theme- I can get past and I see why they went with it. Smart IMO but the art package overall doesn't jive to me.
The cab art -roof line looks odd but again I can see where they were going with it. If I were a kid I can see the people at eye level then the roof line then the festival in the back round. Problem is I am looking one foot down on the brown band of shingles and it just looks off. The back glass to sides do not flow.
Playfield - very bright which I like but the rest of the package (cab art - side blades art) there is a disconnect again IMO.

Game features - they "rocked it" pardon the pun and bang for the buck is still there with AP.
Would have like a bit more scaling of the toys and detailed bumper cars but that is being picky.

I still believe in the company as a whole just think there is a disconnect art wise and there is much to be seen in the completing of the project.
They stated its 30% there and I believe them from what I saw viewing the streaming.

Unfortunately I am out till I play one and will re evaluate. Hoping to see great animation and completion of the rules and music integration.
Hoping for a rethink on the art package building around the playfield.

Some talented person here on pinside mock something up to support the playfield and see if the vibe changes.

#80 5 years ago

Have they drawn a line in the sand about shipping games or are they waiting to get into the new building?

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from BarryJ:

We are trying with all our resources to have Oktoberfest on the line by December and 100 units shipped by years end.
Time will tell....

As a Houdini owner one thing I have learned about AP is you all do what you say and stand behind your products. Btw new power source on Houdini works perfect.

#117 5 years ago

Next backglass design should have an reference to monkey gate for pinball history.
Maybe a monkey facing the corner. Or maybe a hand cuffed monkey. Handcuffed monkey to a music box...no that would get PETA on AP.

Cant wait to play this one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hooked.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-like-or-dislike-about-oktoberfest?tu=hooked and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.