15axo5 (resized).jpg
download (resized).jpg
Hot dog (resized).jpg
44867678_10213735445166481_5791874878827134976_n (resized).jpg
three (resized).jpg
Nuh uh.gif
C680238D-64EB-4057-A9FD-2D4A373B59B6 (resized).jpeg
3630C226-0C7E-43CC-92D6-E3A4F8FEF427 (resized).jpeg
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 5 years ago

I mean, the monkey is pretty clearly grabbing both of their butts - his right hand appears to be up her skirt.

#102 5 years ago

I have seen many little kids grab butts in public because that is as high as they can reach, just like the monkey. If they were taller this wouldn't be a problem.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

The depiction of this monkey assaulting these women is just a true "WTF"...

The only "WTF" here is the lady on the right spilt her beer and now her mug is empty, the last precious golden drops spilling out.

LTG : (

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

his right hand appears to be up her skirt.

Move it over to Joe Balcer's rear.

End of controversy.

LTG : )

#105 5 years ago

One thing for sure. One little monkey has brought the Octoberfest pinball machine and American Pinball, more notoriety than any other pinball machine in a long time.

Pinside, Facebook, who knows where else. People are going to be wanting to see this game and play it. As is or toned down family version.

Good job American Pinball !

LTG : )

#106 5 years ago

Played this at EXPO and here was my take-away:

The good:
Ramp-tastic! Love those shots!!!
This pin is bright - better than a lot of the darker themed pins out there
Not too hard to hit shots - well angled design

The bad:
Looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg ball times for average players. Could be bad on route, but good for home
If your machine is not dailed/tuned in to hit some of the steep ramps, you'll be frustrated
Some of the cut-scenes slowed the action down

All in all, I enjoyed my plays on it. I liked this much more the Houdini. It probably is not the one for me, but I appreciate their work on making it and getting it out there for us to play.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now if the Monkey was breast feeding......That would be a different story!!

Thats Funny....but there are no breasts on the backglass, just lots of "backs".

#108 5 years ago

I object that the monkey is covering up, the only nice butt on the game.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from marcand:

Looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg ball times for average players. Could be bad on route, but good for home

One thing to be aware of here is that we intentionally left some pretty generous software settings with regard to ball save timers and outlane save rules... I think the outlane posts were also generous. We knew that people would probably be waiting in line for a long time to play, we didn't want anyone to come up and get a 1 minute game and be sent on their way unsatisfied. Accordingly, you should consider the ball times on the Oktoberfests at Expo to be somewhat longer than you'll be likely to see on a default-set route game.

#110 5 years ago

Something new, innovative and it's not a band, superhero theme or a remake. Keep the hobby fresh with NEW ideas and games. Hope it sells well as we need more games like this to hit the market.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

The depiction of this monkey assaulting these women is just a true "WTF"... c'mon americanpinball are you really going to say this meets your claim of being a "family friendly" title? This looks real bad, you should change this while there is still time.
[quoted image]

Hard to believe you missed the sexy lady about to stuff a big fat juicy hot dog in her mouth.
Hot dog (resized).jpgHot dog (resized).jpg

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe you missed the sexy lady about to stuff a big fat juicy hot dog in her mouth.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Careful what pictures you post ODIN; the millennials may call that hot dog rape.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Careful what pictures you post ODIN; the millennials may call that hot dog rape.

I don't think it's just the millenials.

#114 5 years ago

Contrary to seasonality concerns voiced by some, I like that every day will be Oktoberfest in my gameroom once this game is there!

OOM PAH PAH!

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

the millennials may call that hot dog rape.

I think that hot dog is raping her.

#116 5 years ago
15axo5 (resized).jpg15axo5 (resized).jpg
#117 5 years ago

Next backglass design should have an reference to monkey gate for pinball history.
Maybe a monkey facing the corner. Or maybe a hand cuffed monkey. Handcuffed monkey to a music box...no that would get PETA on AP.

Cant wait to play this one.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Maybe a monkey facing the corner. Or maybe a hand cuffed monkey. Handcuffed monkey to a music box...no that would get PETA on AP.

Williams Satellite has monkeys in spaceships. Blasted into outer space, to perhaps never be seen or heard from again.

1 year later
#119 4 years ago

so now that this game has been out awhile, is this game a sleeper or keeper?

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

so now that this game has been out awhile, is this game a sleeper or keeper?

for now its a keeper..... for me anyways.

#121 4 years ago

Keeper without a doubt.

1 month later
#122 3 years ago

I just purchased one... so far it is a keeper... very approachable for all levels of pinball players.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

I just purchased one... so far it is a keeper... very approachable for all levels of pinball players.

Congrats man! I look forward to hearing your insights on the game.

#124 3 years ago

I'm really tired of hearing about how awesome this game is and not getting to play one!

#125 3 years ago

The depth of the code is great. Tons to do and go for to get through the game or maximize score.

I dislike the excitement. Nothing in the game is exciting and not every game needs to get my adrenaline pumping like crazy, but this one doesn’t have those heart pounding moments that other games have. The theme doesn’t lend to those moments either, so it’s not that surprising. Just an observation.

Also they are very particular to setup to be shooting smooth. They can certainly be dialed in, but the shots have their quirks for sure.

I do not own one. Just my experiences from shows, locations and other people’s homes.

1 month later
#126 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The depth of the code is great. Tons to do and go for to get through the game or maximize score.
I dislike the excitement. Nothing in the game is exciting and not every game needs to get my adrenaline pumping like crazy, but this one doesn’t have those heart pounding moments that other games have. The theme doesn’t lend to those moments either, so it’s not that surprising. Just an observation.
Also they are very particular to setup to be shooting smooth. They can certainly be dialed in, but the shots have their quirks for sure.
I do not own one. Just my experiences from shows, locations and other people’s homes.

I've had an OKF in my home for a week now... at this point I think I need to disagree with the lack of excitement. I think a lot of it has to do with how the pin is setup... things as simple as the Stein difficulty setting. But, there are definitely moments that you are building toward something and trying your damndest not to drain. The feeling is definitely there

#127 3 years ago

I was mainly speaking of specific moments. Moments to me get your heart pounding as a player:

Start of blackwater MB and subsequent super jackpots
Hyperspace MB
Collecting a big song jackpot
Jack FUCKING pot!
Rudy trap door super jackpot
Whitewater triple jackpot at 5x playfield.

Stuff like that. Haven’t had experiences in OF that are super exciting. Just my observation after 100 plays or so on the game as a non-owner.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

what do you like or dislike about oktoberfest

I extremely dislike that I don't own one yet!

Just sayin'.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 140.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 8,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,795.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-like-or-dislike-about-oktoberfest/page/3?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.