Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ed209
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS092714.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkeebWilcox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 9 years ago

1. Playing, to me at least, is RELAXING.
    2. The people. I had a baseball card business for 19 years and then collected and sold Hot Wheels for another 11 years. Let me preface what I am about to say by stating that you are going to have no-good idiot knucklehead people in almost EVERYTHING you get involved in. Having said that, let me now say that in the baseball card world the good guys outnumbered the numbskulls somewhere around 70%-30%. In the Hot Wheels hobby...on it's BEST day...I would say those that did things right with an air of courtesy and professionalism was MAYBE 50%-50% (people are the reason I got of the hobby, by the way)

In the world of pinball out of all the people I have met, how many would I group in the "suspect integrity" category? Two at most. Granted, one of those was a person that I will give the benefit of the doubt because they may not have KNOWN what they were doing was wrong. The other one was just a person that has been obnoxious EVERY TIME we have crossed paths on the internet. Aside from those two? ALL YOU PEOPLE ARE ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!

And THAT'S what I like the best about pinball...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkeebWilcox.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-like-best-about-the-hobby?tu=SkeebWilcox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.