Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sethi_i
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5422a8c556f126809f35cd29768a03eb (resized).jpg
    mba1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 5 years ago

After reading thru this thread, most of the differing opinions have been covered. But I'll throw my two cents in anyway. The value of getting an MBA, any MBA, is dependent on "why" you're getting it. Career development, entrepreneurial knowledge, self improvement, or any other reasons can all be valid.

From what you've posted, it sounds like your reasoning is you hate your current position, used car lot owner, and want to move to some corporate or office type position. In that scenario, I don't see an MBA helping you. If you move to a large dealership in sales or financing or general management, your experience is much more important. If you are looking to move into some other type of corporate management, an MBA isn't going to help as you'll be competing against 20 or 30 somethings, and you're going to lose that contest.

However there is one situation that may fit. An investment banking professor said something in one of my MBA classes that I've never forgotten. "Brains are cheap. The person who can sell gets paid." If you're looking to take that MBA and start another business, any business, it'll be beneficial. Start a software company, make a better pillow, whatever; it doesn't matter. An MBA will give you the ability to look at any opportunity and break it down into simple dollars and cents. If you can sell, you can sell...period. An MBA will give you the tools to find more creative ways to separate customers from their money.

Bottom line is you have to look at why you want to get it and what you're going to do with it after you have it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethi_i.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-guys-think-of-getting-a-online-mba?tu=sethi_i and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.