New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 273108)

What do you guys pay for playfield glass locally?

By Wanimal

3 months ago

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 months ago

I just picked up a new piece of standard playfield glass for $30 out the door from Liberty Glass in Flint, Michigan.

I was just curious what the normal going rate was elsewhere!

#2 3 months ago

$25 from Tilt Amusements from what I remember. Trent is only 20 minutes from me so it helps.

#3 3 months ago

I think I paid $50 per sheet for my last order of standard tempered.

#4 3 months ago

$38, tempered, no logo, sanded edges. Countryside Glass - Clearwater, FL

Last ordered about a year ago.

#5 3 months ago

I paid $45 from my local glass shop in Bakersfield.

#6 3 months ago

Usually $12-$15, IF bought in bulk for regular sized tempered pinball playfield glass. I usually buy around 25-50 pieces at a time. This will usually last me for a few years. I even sell it locally to collectors around me. I am down to maybe 3-4 pieces left and might need to start to shop around again.

#7 3 months ago

20-30 bucks is standard for tempered glass.

#8 3 months ago

$30-$40 unless you order bulk and can get it for $15-$20 each

#9 3 months ago

I'm finding a new glass dealer!

#10 3 months ago

Had to pay $60 for a piece for Slugfest earlier this year. No one around me is doing 20-30 a sheet. If I need it I normally grab some from Trent at shows.

#11 3 months ago

Do prices jump after a certain size? Priced out some basic tempered glass for my Big Game and the best price locally I could find was $98!

#12 3 months ago

I just paid $60. Cheapest I can find near akron Ohio.

#13 3 months ago

Damn is that cheap. But i don't know as I only got Non Reflective glass in my games. I pay 150$ for one.

#14 3 months ago

I usually wait until Pinball Life's open house in October and pick it up in person. Last year it was $22. $30 for wide body.

#15 3 months ago

$38 from Betson Imperial in 2015 which isn't too far from me, but it took forever to get that one as I recall, several weeks.

$57 price given recently from a local glass shop who I have used before and seems to have decent pricing.

$52 from another local glass shop, bought in 2016.

I have in my notes that OC Pinballs in Fullerton CA had some for $35, I think that came from Pinside.

Also, I got another quote from a local glass company and they said $75. So it can vary quite a bit even in one locality.

#16 3 months ago

Wow you guys get great rates. $90 cdn was cheapest quote for a sheet of tempered glass locally

#17 3 months ago

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but anytime I ask for a quote on glass from a local glass shop, they always quote me at like $100 and I tell them no thanks.

Also if anybody has source in New England that does it cheap, let me know. I'd be down to travel even 100 miles just to get it done.

#18 3 months ago

There was a guy at the Texas Pinball Festival selling glass for $25 per sheet (cash).
    I got 2 because the price was so good.
    I see no cracks or imperfections and the edges are smooth.
    I have noticed some glass that was on my machine began to slightly chip on the edges.
    The only time you could see the imperfections was when the glass was removed.
    This glass that I got for $25 does not seem to have any of those type problems. So far...

#19 3 months ago

I pay 30 for a pinball glass with these parameters:
    Tempered, no logo, and ground edges, standard size 21" by 43" and 3/16" thick

They have a very quick turnaround (I've never waited more than 2 days)

Larger sizes cost a few bucks more and bulk prices go down.

4 weeks later
    #20 72 days ago
    Quoted from radial_head:

Also if anybody has source in New England that does it cheap, let me know. I'd be down to travel even 100 miles just to get it done.

Don't know for sure since I haven't tried to, but I remember Sarah(Pinball Wizard Arcade) once told me that just down the road is where she got her glass. I think it was Pelham Building Supply. I looked at the website and they say they do Plate Glass. There is no pricing but you could call and ask.

#21 72 days ago
    Quoted from Catch86:

Don't know for sure since I haven't tried to, but I remember Sarah(Pinball Wizard Arcade) once told me that just down the road is where she got her glass. I think it was Pelham Building Supply. I looked at the website and they say they do Plate Glass. There is no pricing but you could call and ask.

I feel like I just need to find the magic words that they can type into a computer and the number will be "$40" or something.

Quoted from Daditude:

Tempered, no logo, and ground edges, standard size 21" by 43" and 3/16" thick

These may be it.

#22 72 days ago

$38 for tempered from a local glass place.

#23 72 days ago

Last time I got it from a local place was prob 20 years ago, I think $25. I usually buy a couple at whatever show I'm at. Couple at Expo in Oct, couple in Milwaukee in April.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 35.00
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 100.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 65.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Arcade Upkeep
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 12.00
    $ 25.00
    Various Other Swag
    Tommy's Pins
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    COINTAKER.COM
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinWorlds
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 289.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside