Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by wizzardz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

th_UncleKevin.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL MACHINE BALLY

Looks like its too good to be true. The ad says she will take the deal offline for 2500 shipped, CQ and way cheap for a TZ in that shape. She also has a AF for the same deal. If I were in WA area and good to do a cash in hand sight seen deal, it would be worth a check.

#2 11 years ago

There is a pinsider from Walla Walla, I just can't remember who it is?

#3 11 years ago

My guess is its a hacked ebay account and a scam. There's perhaps another eBay ad - but more likely a CL ad - where these pics were lifted.

#4 11 years ago

I'm a little surprised no one is bidding, but I'd think since it's a scam, no one is bidding.

#5 11 years ago

Scam.

#6 11 years ago

Just emailed for hahas.... here's the reply, definatly a scam gentlemen.
    Hi,
    If you want to buy it now for the price of $2500 with shipping and handling included, i will need your full name, address(shipping address) and username so i can contact the eBay team to let them know about our transaction, and after they will approve it, you will receive an invoice containing all the steps that you need to follow for this to be a safe and fast transaction. Also a phone number is required where you can be found at any hour(cell phone). My auction is 7 days money back guarantee (if it's not like we agreed, or broken you will receive the money back). I can ship in 3 days via UPS, and please let me know if we can arrange a deal.

Thanks,

Nadie

#7 11 years ago

Too many mods for it not to be a scam. Anyone that went to that much trouble knows what its worth.

#8 11 years ago

Someone say you live in walla walla and see if you can come pick it up.

#9 11 years ago

ebay.com link: TWILIGHT ZONE PINBALL MACHINE BALLY
    Looks like its too good to be true. The ad says she will take the deal offline for 2500 shipped, CQ and way cheap for a TZ in that shape. She also has a AF for the same deal. If I were in WA area and good to do a cash in hand sight seen deal, it would be worth a check.

Shascam!

Pinfester rates this one

th_UncleKevin.jpgth_UncleKevin.jpg

#10 11 years ago

I am going to email with a I live in walla walla and see what she says. BUT there are several problem s with it already. FIRST buy it now is ONLY before bidding starts. after bidding starts there is no buy it now. Also I am pretty darn sure UPS does not ship stuff that big. Will keep you informed.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Skulls:

UPS does not ship stuff that big

Ding!
    Also, no mention of what the "item" is in the reply.

#12 11 years ago

This guy had an ad up about a month ago when I was looking to buy. The account said TX then and I emailed him and he was very pushy and I asked for pics and he would only send me an a youtube vid he stole. It has to be a scam!

#13 11 years ago

Definitely a scam. I listed a motorcycle for sale on craigslist one time and got emails like this at least once a week. You can tell just by reading the reply email posted by pinsrus, they all sound the same.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

My guess is its a hacked ebay account and a scam.

It is a scam. I listed an item one time, saying e-mail me an offer, and I'll end the aution. E-Bay pulled the auction within minutes, saying it was pulled, because I was trying to make a deal outside of E-Bay, and trying to avoid their fees. If it were real, it would have been pulled by now.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

It is a scam. I listed an item one time, saying e-mail me an offer, and I'll end the aution. E-Bay pulled the auction within minutes, saying it was pulled, because I was trying to make a deal outside of E-Bay, and trying to avoid their fees. If it were real, it would have been pulled by now.

agree it should have been pulled by now, but it is still on there. I emailed saying I would pay the $2500.00 and come pick it up. so much for her Iphone email cause I haven't heard anything yet.

#16 11 years ago

This has been on the rise. This is the third machine I have seen like this with the same exact comments. I would assume this is fraud.

#17 11 years ago

I did the I live close before and the story usually changes to well the item is in another place where my sisk sister lives. Taking care of her there. I reply, perfect! I am there in two days on a business trip I will bring cash and he got in person.

Reply- well I am actually there. It the item is in a third location.

Me- even better, that is where I have family I am going to visit after my trip. I can give you money and then go collect. Silent after that. Love to play their games. I figure If I waist their time they will have less to bother people who will get caught.

I also mail the prepaid letters I get I the mail with crap from other places . Just swap junk and mail it back. Keeping the post office busy and getting rid of junk at the same time. Just make sure you do not mail applications with your info already on it to a third party.

#18 11 years ago

yep its off ebay hmmmm SUPRISE

#19 11 years ago

Scam. I'd bet my life on it.

#20 11 years ago

Yep....both the TZ and TAF listed are now pulled

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-do-you-guys-make-of-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.