(Topic ID: 242640)

What do you guys do that you can afford pinball?

By Trooper11040

6 months ago

Topic Stats

• 434 posts
  • 258 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by ReadyPO
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 39 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Chart (resized).png
    FDE99495-F8E6-4A65-8BD1-6DA80A8C28B5 (resized).png
    cans (resized).jpg
    20190527_134402 (resized).png
    ted van gogh U (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20190514-185248_Gallery (resized).jpg
    8B5CC1C3-A7F9-43F3-82A0-404B76E7F5AD (resized).jpeg
    39B8A5FB-D35C-4FB2-AA2F-ED1DE52F23D7 (resized).jpeg
    modeling (resized).jpg
    F9532CF1-2A68-4908-9AB6-38E0759BB381 (resized).jpeg
    80628117-6CFB-472C-B267-4CC01EFC99BA (resized).jpeg
    41P57DEZ44L.jpg
    IMG_1953 (resized).PNG
    CT 1 (resized).jpg
    375F0834-0EF6-4F81-9AD0-C89E1E2D1EFA (resized).jpeg
    A4767244-A3DA-440D-B781-7A6B76183F8A (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtuttle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#205 6 months ago

Lawyer...but not a greedy one. Needed to referee hockey, umpire baseball and work as a private detective to afford my two pin collection, which I hope to double in 2019...before my wife gives birth to our first child.

#268 6 months ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

I enjoyed them thank you.
    Oh and yeah, Canada and all....
    Your right, I couldn't have worked hard in your part of the world.

Please do not take the self-rightous tone of my fellow countryman's response as being representative of Canadian folks. Talking about how hard he worked to get his pins and fancy watches? Vacations in Punta Cana? Probably drives a truck or some gas guzzling Hummer. Sounds pretty douchey to me.

Spence--this was a good thread before you started judging millennials. Give it a rest.

1 week later
    #361 6 months ago
    Quoted from irobot:

Simple enough and also false enough.
    Statistically, what you wrote is 100% incorrect.
    "A recent study from Georgetown University found that, on average, college graduates earn $1 million more in earnings over their lifetime. Another recent study by the Pew Research Center found that the median yearly income gap between high school and college graduates is around $17,500."
    Obviously, there are some people in the trades making more than some college graduates, but the AVERAGE college degree holder makes a lot more money than those who do not have a degree.
    "According to the College Board, the average cumulative student debt balance in 2017 was $26,900 for graduates of public four-year schools and $32,600 for graduates of private nonprofit four-year schools."
    Is a debt load equal to a new Honda CRV going to ruin someone's life?
    You don't have to go into deep debt to get through college. If you don't have rich parents, you go to community college and then state college. Just work the problem instead of picking up a doomsday debt.

Great points, all.

Spencer was just looking to the collective here to validate his choices in life, including his house in the suburbs and his undoubtedly adventurous vacations at all-inclusive resorts in Mexico!

Thanks for using scientific data to prove him woefully wrong. The three PM's I received from him in what I daresay was a manic state can now be considered answered in full.

2 weeks later
    #390 5 months ago
    Quoted from JimFNB:

The Georgetown study is based on Census Bureau data that are published every year.
    I looked for a recent publication about this but couldn’t find one. In any case, here are the most recent survey results on educational attainment and income — https://www2.census.gov/programs-surveys/cps/tables/pinc-04/2018/pinc04_1_1.xls
    For the average person, college is a good investment. The data provide the evidence for the that.
    The US is a very large country so there will be lots of inspirational success stories of high school grads (or lower) working hard and making great accomplishments. Canada too, of course. It’s wonderful that we live in a society where that can happen.

If only we could all work so hard as Spencer, we'd be just fine! Alas, some of us have to "get by" with a mere 2-3 pins. I must have missed some of those "opportunities" and failed to put in the long, hard hours Spencer did. Clearly, I have only myself to blame!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 30.40
    $ 65.00
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 289.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 59.80
    Lighting - Backbox
    Freddys Pinball Paradise
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 209.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wtuttle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside